Workplace Solutions Best Kids' Books of the Year Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Electronics Holiday Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Gifts for Him Get up to $100 back on House Cleaning services pet pet pet  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Trade in and get paid instantly Shop Now

Showing 1-10 of 5,357 reviews(verified purchases). Show all reviews
on March 31, 2013
When I opened this up, the first card said 'a bigger blacker dick'. That's all you need to know. Best game ever
22 comments| 294 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 28, 2013
As my 28 y/o daughter said throughout her first time playing this game...."this is so not okay" and "I'm going straight to hell"
Definitely not a game for children or young teens or super religious people. But as has become our tradition to take a shot of Fire Ball Whiskey before we play the game. You know you've ventured into some things you have been thinking and some that you haven't ever thought of before! A great tension buster, a bonding game to say the least. We were introduced to this game during a family wedding weekend and although my 17 year old told me about the game a few days prior it's not a game you expect. Everyone asks "have you played Apples to Apples before", (for me NO), it's off the chart hysterical, vulgar and creative. Think MadLibs times infinity and so politically incorrect!! We opted for the first two expansions because we played the 3rd expansion at the family get together. I thought just the original game itself was hysterically funny. We've made some of our own rules up....having 7 cards instead of 10 is easier to manage, and our next game will somehow encompass being able to play the re-up card beings that card always seems to be the perfect card for the question card that was just presented. I am not a crude person nor am I a prude this card game is a "let your hair down and get comfy kinda game" Make sure you don't pee your pants.
*****DEFINITELY NOT APPROPRIATE FOR ALL AUDIENCES******
11 comment| 86 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 31, 2012
If you own (or are going to buy) the full Cards Against Humanity game, you should absolutely buy this. The cards added provide a little more longevity to the enjoyment you'll get out of the game by keeping it fresh.

I will order any future expansion packs that come out immediately, as I did when this one came out. This game is awesome and the expansion packs are a definite necessity.

So for those that haven't got a clue what this game is...it's Apples to Apples, but for adults. This is not a game for your children, unless you're a horrible parent.

Gameplay: Each player grabs 10 white cards. Each round, one player grabs a black card. The black card has either a question, or it has a statement with one or two fill-in-the-blanks. The other players in the game pick the white card or cards (if there's two fill-ins) and put them in a pile. When all cards are in, the player who pulled the black card reads off the pile of white cards (without knowing who put them in) and chooses their favorite. Some people go with the funniest card, others go for what makes the most sense. Each player plays different, and when turning in the white card, you have to play to how you feel each player picks the winning card. Whoever's white card is chosen gets the black card. After each hand, everyone draws a new white card or two to always keep 10 in their hand. Play until you're bored and whoever has the most black cards wins the game.

Optional Rules: This is one thing that makes this game awesome. You can always make up your own rules. And if you have the creativity of E.L. James, the game supplies some rules for you. One of my favorites is Rando Cardissian. Basically, each round, you throw in an extra white card to the pile. That way, if the person picks that card as the best, everyone else feels like an idiot for getting beat by a random card from the deck. Another good one (forget the name) is that if you pick up a white card and you don't know what it means or get the reference, you can flip it over face up for all players to see and admit that you don't know what it is. After that, the other players are encouraged to ridicule you for being so dense, and can then explain what the card is. That way, we can all learn! Yay education!

Again...Buy this expansion pack! And also the first one if you haven't bought that either. You won't regret it.
22 comments| 190 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 31, 2012
This game is not for the faint-hearted, and it will offend all your friends in the first 3 hands. After you get past the initial anger and shock, it's a heck of a good time and a very bonding experience. Pushing the limits is not an accurate description - it takes your limits, laughs at them, and continues on its merry way.
0Comment| 135 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 28, 2014
This game is hilarious, but very offensive! I do not recommend this game to be played with or around children, church clergy, nuns, your parents, your grandparents, people of any race or ethnicity, anyone with scruples, those you love, anyone you hate, senior citizens, the undead, the living, the not yet born...well, it's just not an appropriate game for many but it is freakin' hilarious. You will definitely want the expansion packs after playing a couple times because you get desensitized after a couple times. You will always be looking for crazier answers, so you might as well get one of the expansions when you buy this. Warning once you play this game, all other games get really boring!
review image
on January 22, 2014
Nothing like throwing back some beers and making combinations of funny things that really shouldn't be funny if you're a decent human. If that makes me indecent, I don't want to change.
on November 13, 2013
Who would not give this game 5 stars?

Best Answer: David Bowie flying in on a tiger made of lightening
on July 9, 2016
LOVE this game - it is so wrong on every level that all you can do is laugh in shock! It is not appropriate for children and depending on your relationship with your kids you might not even want to play it with your adult children because it might get uncomfortable. In my opinion you need to have at least 4 people to play but the more the merrier! Everyone is dealt out some cards and each of your cards will have a word or short phrase. You take turns each time and one person who reads a phrase card which has a blank in it. Once they read the phrase card telling you where the blank is you look through your cards and figure out which one fills in the blank the best. For example - "My grandmother always tries to ____ before going to bed". And then you would look through your cards and maybe select "Eat earthworms". OK, so this example doesn't seem funny because I am trying to keep it clean but let me just say not many of the cards you use to fill in the blanks are able to be listed here because they are so crude.

If you have a fun, non-prude, adult friends and a little (a lot) of alcohol you will be laughing so hard your side will hurt once you start playing this game. We went through the first addition fast so we keep buying the expansion packs. I know a group of friends from high school developed this game and they have either got to be the sickest humans alive or I want to invited them to my next party because they are game geniuses!

This is my review rating system:
5 Stars: Awesome! I would definitely purchase this product again.
4 Stars: Great but not perfect I would probably buy this again but I had a few issues with it!
3 Stars: Good and would look around to see if I could find something better before I repurchased.
2 Stars: Not Good and would not buy again.
1 Star: Stay Away! Not worth anything you pay for it.
on April 28, 2016
I bought the Cards Against Humanity card game because I loved playing it with my friends at parties. The card game itself is great and you can play for a while without getting bored. What's great about Cards Against Humanity is that you can buy additional expansion packs that make this game a lot more interesting and funny. There's a lot of funny combinations when you play with an expansion pack. I went here and found this expansion pack and bought it. I did not regret it. Next time there was a party I played Cards Against Humanity along with the expansion pack and we all couldn't stop laughing. It was a great purchase I will be buying a lot more expansion packs for this game. It's well worth it if you want to have a great card game for a party.
on June 8, 2016
Granted your experience may differ but i found that roughly 50% of the cards were not something i could use. I say this because the groups of people i play with are not as smart as the cards. After explaining what "smigma" is multiple times i just removed the card from the game, well i needed to do this as well for many cards in these packs. Some are keepers, most immediately got put into the junk pile and never used.

But for the price, and considering different people have different tastes and intelligence levels....i would buy again. Wish they were more of theme packs than just another bunch of random cards.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.