Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ $6.95 shipping
+ Free Shipping
carefresh Complete Pet Bedding
|You Save:||$6.26 (28%)|
Usually ships within 4 to 5 days.
- 10-Day odor control
- 3X more absorbent than shavings
- 99% dust free for easy clean-up
- Note: Paper bedding expands to 60 litres as mentioned in the box.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Natural without Compromise carefresh custom natural paper bedding is designed specially for small animals and made from 100% sustainable and renewable wood fibers, never any post-consumer waste paper just shredded and put into a bag. All of our bedding products are also 100% biodegradable and compostable, so you get superior performance along with a product that's good for your pet and good for the planet.
Size: 60 L | Color: Natural
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
Compare to similar items
This item Carefresh Complete Pet Bedding, 60 L, Natural
Kaytee Clean & Cozy Bedding, 1000 Cubic Inch B007R6G8JW
Kaytee Potty Litter, 16 Ounce B0010OR16G
|Shipping||$9.35||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||HorseLoverZ / EasyPetStore||Monster Pets||Amazon.com||Amazon.com|
|Color||Natural||Blacks & Grays||White||off-white|
|Item Dimensions||5 x 19 x 15.75 in||15 x 19 x 5 in||0.02 x 0.02 x 0.02 in||1.6 x 4.4 x 6.25 in|
|Size||60 L||60 lt||1000 cu.in. / 16.4 Liter||16-ounce|
|Size Map||—||—||16 liters||under-4-foot|
Top Customer Reviews
I figured it was ok and I would just use the remainder of the bag for the gerbils but it seems that one of my gerbils is also allergic! His nose is red from the irritation.
I also agree with some of the reviews here in that it does have a slight smell to it. It is not a bad smell, it just has a smell to it which may lead to the allergy problem. I don't think that there is anything necessarily wrong with the product, it is just possibly too likely to cause allergies in these little guys/gals!
The odor control works very well. I never go more than a week without cleaning the cage, but even in the summer, there's no smell from two guinea pigs.
I put a couple layers of newspaper on the cage floor, then about 1/2 inch of this bedding on top of that, followed by torn (thin small strips) of newspaper. The pigs love it and burrow around in the paper and bedding layers. They seem to really enjoy playing and making their little nests every time I clean the cage.
I've tried several types of bedding...some from CareFresh, some from other companies...and this is probably the best I've found so far. It works well, the animals seem to enjoy it, and if you keep an eye out, you can pick it up on sale and stock up.
1) EZWhelp puppy pads - Trying to save money with this reusable option, but unfortunately the guinea pig's fur started turning yellow because it needs more "stuff" to brush up against his legs and absorb pee off them. The pads were very wet to the touch and leaking a little because the guinea pig peed so much. I suppose I could have put in some towels on top to add absorption, but by this time I was tired of having to clean hay from my washer and pet hair from my clothes. The guinea pig also would step on his poop and get it on his paws, so I had to be vigilant about removing the poop. I give these a 2 for messiness and not keeping my pet clean.
2) Aspen shavings - Cheapest bedding. Nice woody smell. Not very good absorption - I can see wetness on the bottom of the cage when I scoop it. Depending on the brand, you may need to watch out for sharp pieces of wood. I give these a 3 for lack of absorption but good odor control.
3) CritterCare - The little pieces feels hard like cardboard. They also get compacted easily and poop stays on top, which means the guinea pig steps on poop and frequently gets it stuck in his paws. Wetness shows up clearly so I can remove soiled bedding easily, and the odor control is pretty good. It expands about 2 times the volume after you break up the chunks with your fingers. I give these a 4 for good absorption and odor control but poop on paws.
4) Carefresh - It is similar to CritterCare in wetness absorption, expansion, and odor control. Pieces are much softer and doesn't get as compacted than CritterCare although occasionally, poop still gets stuck on his paws. I don't like the blue bedding because it dyes his privates blue (not healthy). I give these a 4.5 for good absorption, odor control, and texture.
5) Kaytee - This is shredded tissue paper which expand 3-4 times the volume out of the bag. At first, I was so excited because it looked and felt like soft, fluffy snow. It does seem to keep the guinea pig's fur and paws cleaner. Unfortunately, this stuff gets very messy on your carpet when it's on its way to or away from the cage. The pieces are so thin and small and tend to fall all over the place. It also tends to clump together, making it difficult to separate the soiled spots from clean bedding. Moreover, the Kaytee bedding doesn't have much odor control or hold moisture very well as I can see liquid on the bottom of the cage under wet bedding. I give it a 3 for comfort but messiness and odor.