|Print List Price:||$9.99|
Save $9.00 (90%)
Be Careful What You Wish For (The Dream Series Book 2) Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
|Length: 152 pages||Word Wise: Enabled||Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled|
|Page Flip: Enabled||
Matchbook Price: $0.00
For thousands of qualifying books, your past, present, and future print-edition purchases now lets you buy the Kindle edition for $2.99 or less. (Textbooks available for $9.99 or less.)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
Also, "Be careful what you wish for" fleshes out a lot the universe created in "The man of My Dream". We get to understand the characters and the rules of their world deeper as the author unveils more of their past.
I can't wait for the third book! It's not just a matter of "I want more" this time: I can't wait to see what happens after what just did at the end!
Be Careful What You Wish For is the second book in a series. To be honest, I was not so happy with the ending of the first book. It felt like it just ended with the possibility of a happily ever after, but with too much left open. That was before I discovered it was a series! Now I feel better hehehe. This was a fun quick read with a dark side. I am going to try to not be too spoilery, but there may be some spoilers from book one. So be forewarned ;).
I'll tell you what I liked about it:
* It had romance, but the plot was not all about the romance. I like it when there's is more to focus on than just the love story.
* Some of it was super dark. I like that in a book with vamps. This one showed the darker side of humans as well as vamps and it added a bit of depth to the horror components. It is not quite as dark as the first book, in my opinion, but that might be because one of the scenes in the first book out and out scared me. I loved it.
* You start to see more of Alexi's past and see the motivations behind so many of the things he had done in the last book and has done in this book.
* Silly things make me happy and there was a scene with a random kangaroo. The book takes place in Australia, so it makes perfect sense, but it put a smile on my face because it is so not what wildlife is like in Michigan.
* Time has passed since the first book. I like it when authors do not try to jam pack everything in a few days. It makes the story seem more real while you are reading it, even if the plot has paranormal creatures that I do not think exist ;).
* The lore ties history with fiction making it feel more authentic.
* Silly thing number two: Little Alexi loves Thomas as much as my kidlets do.
I will be reading the next book in the series when it is available. I want/need (there is a fine line) to know what happens next.
I did receive this as an arc, so I can not comment on the editing or formatting of the final version. I will say the editing of the arc was not bad and it formatted well on my kindle ap.
Alexi has settled into his life as a doctor and Cassandra is happy being a mother. Unknown to them, a darkness has fallen upon them and it's named Sebastian. He is an original evil; a vampire turned by the infamous Countess Dracula. She sent him on a mission several hundred years ago and he is still going strong. Now he has Alexi in his sights. Alexi has broken the rule of falling in love with humans and Sebastian is going to make him pay dearly; starting with his son A.J.
I really loved the unique take on the whole vampire lore. Instead of falling back on the usual Dracula legend, Ms. Quintal went with the seldom used historical figure of Countess Elizabeth Bathory. Pretty much the first third of the book is backstory about Elizabeth, Sebastian and Alexi. How it all began and how it has progressed throughout the years. While one would think it would get cumbersome, it didn't. It was fascinating to read Ms. Quintal's unique take on the Blood Countess. I also enjoyed hearing how Alexi came to be.
The story progressed nicely and really set the stage for the next book. You started to see that there was something special about A.J. and the new characters introduced were engaging and blended into the story perfectly.
I will give you fair warning. This book ends in a humdinger of a cliffhanger. I would have been very upset if book three, The Chosen One, wasn't already released. Whew! So if you like this book, you best have your credit card warmed and ready, because you will likely be rushing to your computer to get the next in the series.
I'm not sure where this story is going, but I can't wait to find out. Be Careful What You Wish For was a pleasing continuation of The Dreams Series. I'm especially excited that I have book three of the series locked and loaded on my reader.
Most recent customer reviews
First off, I would like to say that I am not usually a big fan of books that have rape and molestation in them.Read more
I received this book in exchange for an honest review.
This book picked up where book 1 left off and continues the story of Alexi and...Read more
This is book 2 in the The Dream Series.
I have to say that I loved this book.Read more