Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services Paterson Paterson Paterson  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Final Fantasy XIV Shop Now STEMClub17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 237 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 252 reviews
on April 12, 2016
I really love this belt- it's exactly what I was looking for!

To decide what size to order, I measured my waist with my jeans on, using a soft tape measure and running it through the loops, where the belt would be. I measured 36'' but went against the measurement guide and ordered a medium size, instead of the recommended large. As other reviewers have mentioned, your measurement will vary depending on whether you wear your pants higher on your waist or lower on your hips, so keep that in mind.

The medium belt itself is about 1.25'' wide and measures about 43'' long, including the buckle. There are five holes, spaced about 1'' apart.

I wear it with my jeans, which range between a size 9 to a size 11, depending on the brand. The medium belt fits me in the third hole for a looser, more comfortable fit or the fourth hole (from the end) for a tighter, more snug fit. This still leaves me with room to loosen or tighten in the event of any weight gain or loss. The third and forth holes are roughly 36'' from the buckle, which corresponds perfectly to the waist measurement I had made before purchasing this belt!

The color is maybe just a shade lighter than what is depicted in the image. The texture is that of rugged, brushed leather, which you can't really discern from the image. It is comfortable, easy to buckle and unbuckle and keeps my pants in place. The belt has a very sturdy and strong feel to it, despite being made in China.

I also love the mini belt loop; it gives the belt a cute touch! It is removable so you can adjust it any way you want, but I like it where it is.

A great belt overall. I very pleased with this purchase!
review image review image review image review image review image
on April 9, 2012
I had previously ordered the Black Carhartt Women's Jean Belt and was quite pleased with the quality of the belt. The brown equestrian belt popped up in the Recommended for Me section, and I decided that a nice brown belt would compliment the black one I already had. I am a size 10/12, and ordered the medium since I found that Carhartt sizing seems to be fairly generous for the belts. The brown belt fits perfect in the medium, as I am not on the largest hole, but rather the second largest, so I would think the medium would fit up to a 12/14.
The only thing I was surprised with for this belt, and what kept me from rating it 5 stars, was the very light color of the belt. I would describe it more as tan/khaki than a true brown. I was really looking for a darker brown, and the picture seems to show a oiled brown look like equestrian boots. Maybe it will age into this color, but it is currently very light, and almost suede in appearance, and not exactly as pictured. A nice belt, but one that still leaves me looking for a nice brown belt for wear with dark jeans.
on June 8, 2015
UPDATE 06/18/15:
So this belt sizing is entirely dependent on where you wear your pants. The size 6 (slightly large) pants I first tried the belt on with fit on the second hole, and after 2 days of wear, the third hole (I was hoping it would break in a bit and it did).

I put the belt on with a pair of shorts, which are about 1-2 inches below my belly button, and had to go all the way to the smallest hole, with room to spare.
So take the reviews with a grain of salt, because the ones saying to size down wear their pants higher. If you wear low waisted jeans, go with your normal size or even size up if you have bigger hips.

I received the belt today. I'm a size 4/6, closer to a 4. I'm 5'7 and weigh a little under 140. The Small was too small, I couldn't even buckle it on the biggest hole.

Aside from the sizing being off (and I had read to size down!) the belt is incredible quality. It's so soft, and matches the color of the photo perfectly. I had read reviews stating the color was lighter than the picture, but mine doesn't appear to be much lighter at all. The belt feels very sturdy, and I love the little belt buckle accent. Very unique and cute!

I'm returning it and ordering a Medium instead, but the product still deserves 5 stars at the moment. The product is not any lesser quality because the sizing was incorrect. Just be aware of sizing when ordering. If you wear your pants around the hip, you're going to want to size up. If you wear high waisted pants the sizing may be more accurate.
on April 30, 2016
Most women's belts are "particle-leather" and break. This appears to be two pieces of leather sewn and bonded together. The result, however, is quality and functional. Ordered a XXL for low-rise pants--I wear a size 18 jeans--but the belt was too long for that size. Gave it to my husband--he wears size 46W-34L jeans--and I will reorder an XL. For the XXL, starting from the buckle-base, the first hole is at 42.5 inches; the last hole is 46.6 inches. The color is medium brown – accurate in the listing – and waxy on the outside.
review image review image
on January 26, 2017
I've worn this belt daily for 3 years now. It's still in excellent condition. I got a small. My waist is about 29 inches and I wear jeans that come just barely above the top of my hip bones. So the length needed would be larger than if it were at my true waist. With the small, I use the 2nd hole; sometimes the third if I'm wearing light weight pants or don't have the typical bloat. I tried a medium, but I was using the last hole on that size.
on April 12, 2017
This belt is the best belt that I have ever owned. It is beautiful leather and fits true to size. Perfect for jeans, and I love the light brown color. I am considering purchasing a few more for gifts for the jean-wearers on my early Christmas shopping list. And I will order more for myself, possibly a black one. But truthfully, this belt looks to be so well-made that I expect it to hold up for a long time.
on August 26, 2016
This is such a great belt. Very thick and well made. I bough it a size up after reading the reviews. I wish I hadn't. My experience is that it is true to size. I am a 6' tall woman. I wear a size 12 in jeans and pants and ALL of my pants are on my hips. I had to put the loop on the last one and even then at times it was too big. I ended up giving it to my husband who was in desperate need of a belt. It fits him much better (size 36 in jeans). It's a little girlie for him, but he wears it to work and needs something very durable in his line of work. It's perfect. I definitely recommend this belt, but order it true to your size. If you wear a LG, buy a LG and so on. I didn't give it a 5 only because I was disappointed in the size of the belt. However in retrospect, that isn't the fault of the manufacturer or seller. Regardless, don't make it so hard to figure out these things when posting wearable items online. It arrived promptly and as it was stated during check out. No issues with the seller.
I would buy it again, and probably will at some point. Next time I will order true to size.
on April 10, 2017
This is a well-made belt, like all Carhartt belts (I have a black one I love), but I didn't like the keeper, which is a mini belt complete with buckle. It's a cute idea, but it sticks out too far, making it too bulky. You'd have to tuck in your shirt to not have a huge lump under it. Sadly, I returned it.
on May 20, 2015
Taking away a star only because of the sizing. The Small is 33" long & the XSmall is 31" long. I'm used to belts coming in even sizes. Anyway, I had to return the Small because I just felt it was too long. The XSmall is a bit shorter than I'd like, but I supposed it's better than having it too long because otherwise I really like this belt.
on January 19, 2017
Currently I wear a 12 in Calvin Klein and Levi bootcut jeans. The Carhartt XL belt was too large for me, I should have gone with a large. Instead of exchanging (because I needed the belt right away) I simply added a few extra holes. Despite the size discrepancy there wasn't too much extra belt tongue to tuck into my pant belt loops so the larger size wasn't a big deal.

The extra decorative part is removable if you want to pare down the belts profile.

Feels like nice thick leather... that paired with the Carhartt brand (which I'm a fan of) I'm expecting this to last a long time. *I have only owned/worn this belt for about a month.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.