Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held GNO Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 1,283 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,323 reviews
on August 28, 2011
I have had this belt since October 2010. This belt has held up very well and has stretched very little. I have only worn belts regularly for 2 years, at first, I thought that all belts were created equally. I was wrong. I initially purchased a generic 10 dollar belt at a local store. Within half of a year, the belt was excessively worn on the sides, the belt peeled apart in layers, and the majority of the inside of the belt where the buckle was when the belt was worn, was shredded. The belt was still barely holding together, but I retired it and decided to buy a good belt.

It has been nearly a year and this belt, the Carhartt Men's Journeyman Belt, has shown little wear. In my experience, the leather gets a bit dry, but using mink oil 2-3 times a year solves this problem. This is not the fault of the belt, leather get dry. If anything, this is a testament to the belt being actual leather.
I highly recommend this belt, do not waste your money on a low quality belt.

Update 9/18/2012 : This belt is still going strong. After the first six months or so of minor stretching (half a size to maybe a size; no more than one hole on the belt) the belt has not stretched more. It has been nearly two years of daily wear and the belt is still holding together well. The areas where the belt has worn most have turned a light gray to brown in color. The belt is still thick, strong, and pliable after two years. This belt costs about twice what the local junk belts cost, but lasts at least 4 times as long. That is value.
11 comment| 91 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 17, 2016
This is a great belt. It's thick and it's one piece. Not a laminated and glued belt like you typically find for less. This is my second one and they just keep on going. They will stretch so get your exact size.

UPDATE: 6 months later. The second one I ordered is clearly a bonded leather with a thin top layer. It has really stretched and on the inside of the belt you can now clearly see the little chopped and formed pieces of leather - contrary to what I indicated above. I guess you can't really tell until you get some use on it. At least I can't. The belt is really soft now and it feels like it's going to give way. As I read through the reviews, you can sure tell the fake reviews. It's almost like they get paid per review. Subject is usually "Five Stars" and then a three or four word review follows. Bottom line: there is no way this is a full grain bridle leather as indicated by the description. Mine has not fallen apart like others have reported in their reviews.

So is it worth the $30? Hindsight says probably not. But, it is about half the cost of a high quality, full-grain, legit belt made in the good ol' USA. It's your call.
on January 31, 2017
I have this same belt, only older, about 25 years older. The new belt [which this review is for] looks very much the same. However, there are minor differences. The old belt has the Carhartt name stamped into it on the inside surface near the center of the belt. There is also a model number and 'Made in USA' stamped in the same area. The new belt did not have the USA marking on it. Furthermore the keeper loop (leather loop next to buckle) was not as nice as the old belt. The loop on the old belt was stitched together at the ends, the new belt has one metal staple.

Only time will tell if the new belt will last. The old belt still works and keeps my pants up, but it has years of wear, paint splotches, etc on it. I got the new one basically for appearances sake. The buckle is removable, the belt has snaps that can be opened. This allows changing the buckle - you can swap it out for your favorite trucker or cowboy belt buckle.
on March 18, 2017
I have been buying Carhartt Journeyman belts for a number of years; different sizes as I was gaining weight and now the smallest one they make as my new lifestyle has me back at my"fighting" healthy weight. There is only one thing that keeps me from giving the belt 5 stars. The snaps used to be solid brass when the belts were made here in the USA. Now that they are made in China the snaps are brass-plated steel. I'm pretty sure the buckle is still brass.
I have had to treat all of my Carhartt belts with various leather conditioners to get them more flexible and "softer". Not a problem, the leather is just thick and high quality and needs a little t.l.c. to make the belt the best that it can be.
on June 16, 2017
We love the Carharrt belts. I ordered this one for my husband because he was tired of his belts bending and squishing over time. This was the only one we could find that had no topstitching and was just plain leather. The size was exactly accurate.
I've had a carhartt belt for 2 years and it hasn't mushed or stretched, and it looks the same as the day I bought it. I expect this one to be the same.
on October 20, 2014
Did the negative reviewers buy the same product I did? Apparently not.

It is a solid piece of leather, not "ground up pieces of leather glued together" with "artificial leather looking sticky." It is not stitched because it is a single slab. No need for stitching (the only stitching is to fasten the label - which I promptly cut off). The dye is fast. If the two snaps come undone, it is because the customer opened them and then didn't re-snap them properly. After years of heavy use there is no cracking of the finish or tearing. The sizing is accurate. Buying my "correct" size I buckle into the middle of the five holes. The only possible negative is the thickness and the width being to great for some belt loops, but I have not had a problem with any of my garments.

I use these for long distance mountain and desert hiking with light beige shorts. No color rubs off. I routinely carry heavy belt mounted camera gear, canteens, and other gear. The belt does not distort or stretch beyond the absolute minimum consistent with real leather. It may eventually take a slight amount of set where there is constant stress, such as over the buckle or where a pant belt loop bears heavily and continuously. After years of use, there is no distortion whatsoever of the buckle holes.

I have bought several of these because I hate having to swap belts from one garment to another. I don't expect to have to buy another belt for years - if ever.
So far it seems like a nice belt. The leather is thicker than usual- it's a nice looking, sturdy belt.

We ordered this for a costume on a deadline - so nice to be able to just find it and have it come in quickly. Unfortunately it was too short- my son wears a 36 in pants so we ordered a 38. It was about 4 inches too short. I had been told to order 2 inches up but that ended up being too short - need to order more like 8 inches up. Another family member got it though - he liked it too. He seemed quite happy to get it. I'm sure Amazon would have let us return it but as I say, my other family member really liked it and wanted it for himself. It seems to be a belt type quite popular with my guys.
So we didn't have time to order another one, so we went to Wally world- got a no-name one that looked very similar but wasn't nearly as thick a leather and the buckle wasn't as sturdy and it was $16. I'f I'd had time I'd just have ordered a 2nd one of these.

The buckle on the one we got was very secure. Seems like it will last, if it doesn't, I will update the review.
on July 18, 2017
This is a very good belt. I changed out the buckle for a slightly longer one to add an inch to the belt length (35 instead of 34). The snaps on the belt made the buckle replacement a snap (sorry about the pun!). This belt should last a long time. It is very sturdy and there is no stretching of the hole where I buckle it, something that often happens to inferior leather belts. Maybe I should get another one, just in case they stop making them!
on August 4, 2015
It's tough to find a decent leather belt these days! Especially if you're looking to keep it under $30 (so maybe it's my own fault for being cheap). After finally wearing out my old Cabela's strap belt, I picked up a Levi's belt in a store for $25. The bonded leather started coming unglued in mere weeks. Should've realized by the plasticy feel that the "leather" would warp terribly under the pressure of belt loops (God forbid I'd need to bend over while wearing a belt!) and the buckle. Definitely a poor choice if you plan to do more than simply stand upright all day, hardly moving. It'd been a while since I picked up a belt, and I was in a hurry, so I paid for my inattention. I was back to belt shopping in no time.

This Journeyman's belt, while not spectacular, has so far been a solid purchase. Perhaps being burned by that bonded belt has made me more favorable, but I appreciate the solid construction of this Carhartt product. The leather is stiff, and not of the best quality (the description claims full grain, but I was skeptical at this price), but it's done its job well so far. Looks good with both jeans and the khakis I wear to my office job. I've seen reviewers criticize the buckle, and I agree it is a somewhat cheap little piece of hardware (again, you get what you pay for); however the belt is designed with snaps to make it easy to swap out buckles. Haven't done so myself, but I like that the option's there as I still have old, worn out belts with buckles I like a good deal better.
on November 3, 2015
This size (36) belt is 43 1/2" long from end of buckle to end of belt. I have a 34" waist and it buckles at the 3rd hole( 6" back from the end ) of the 5 holes in the belt....So there are 2 holes on each side for adjustment. The belt is solid leather just under 1 1/2" wide x 1/8" thick and isn't as stretchy as a cheap leather Wally World belt I bought at half the price.The buckle is a solid one piece design w/tongue. I doubt that it would break or ever fall apart under normal use. If you're a tough guy, chisel chest...You will like this belt.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.