Industrial Deals Beauty Oprah's Book Club STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning powers4premiere powers4premiere powers4premiere  Doppler $139.99 All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis dm3 Shop Now STEMClub17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 310 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 327 reviews
on November 26, 2011
This is a nice shirt, but very very long. I ordered a L, M, and S for my husband and two brother-in-laws. All three shirts were literally the same length, which on my husband (who I thought was the medium at 5'10" and broad) fell to his mid-thigh. It didn't look good. He is usually a large and I bought the medium after reading the reviews, but it was just too long. I am keeping the M for my brother-in-law who is about 6' and fit/average build (I had intended to give him the large, but it is VERY VERY LARGE, and going back). I think it's a nice shirt for men >6' and >200#.
on May 25, 2017
It's been quite a while since I ordered 2 of these. Well worn & with holes in the elbows (did I mention they're old now?) these remain one of my favorite clothing items ever. I'll wash and use mine until the fabric falls off my body. Then I'll order more :)
on March 6, 2014
I purchased this jacket on a lark because it looked like a nice item as I was browsing through the coats. I bought the black one (with the brown plaid lining) in a 3X-Large Tall size. This jacket has a sturdy denim on the outside and the lining is warm without being hot. This combination makes this a superb jacket for when the temps are 32 degrees to about 60 degrees F. If you live in an area of the US where winter is fairly mild (I live outside of L.A.), this is probably all you will ever need. I am a big man (6'4" and 300 lbs) and I can wear this jacket over top of several layers of clothes. In fact, my arms are 33 inches from the acromion (point of the shoulder) to the tip of my middle finger, which means they are 25 inches from the shoulder to the wrist, and I usually have to roll the cuffs back once on this jacket (like the photo shows) or the sleeves come down to my thumbnails. Also, as the photo shows, this jacket comes down to just below your bottom, so it is not in the way all the time when trying to get into your car (like a 3/4 length coat is). It is called a "Shirt Jacket", but you will not mistake this thing for a shirt. However, it does not have the huge bulk of a coat either. It is sort-of the best of both worlds. I have not yet worn it in the rain but I am pretty sure this thing is not water resistant, which is fine because that is not what I bought it for. I am thrilled with this jacket; it was a fantastic purchase. If you are at all thinking about this thing then stop thinking and just buy it. You will not be disappointed.
on June 13, 2013
I kept the shirt because it was unique in comparison to other garments I own. It is very well constructed and feels like it will last through hell and back. The inner lining is also very comfortable. But I wasnt too impressed. The things I did not like were 1) there are no side pockets. It may say this in the description or show it in the picture or maybe its common sense that pockets are not included on a shirt jack. And I do understand this is a Shirt Jacket and not an actual jacket. But I constantly find myself trying to find side pockets to put my hands in and completely forget there are none. 2) It does look very much like the shirt should be tucked in. But due to its thickness I cant imagine someone trying to do so comfortably. The bottom of the shirt is designed very much like a button down shirt that you wear to the office. It just seems a little odd the way the bottom is cut and in my case it just doesnt look right to me. 3) My biggest complaint is the size. I usually wear a large and this thing wears just above my knees. I did know this when purchasing the item and did expect the size to be exceptionally large. And i do not regret purchasing the Large. Im sure it will shrink a bit as others have pointed out as you wash it. But I was surprised how big it really was when I actually put it on. Overall, the shirt is very well constructed as all Carhartt products are. And I absolutely love the interior lining because it really is soft and comfortable. However it definitely depends on the tastes of the individual as to whether you will like this style or not. Although its not my cup of tea, I kept it because I didnt have anything similar to this in my woredrope and I thought it was an interesting item to have. And being thats its made from Carhartt, it is made exceptionally well and from materials that will last. Will i get much use out of it? Unfortunately, probably not. This will be one of those garments that go into my closet and may or may not ever be used. And I stress that this is simply because its just not my style. Others may love this type of Shirt/Jack. And thats your opinion.

Finally, I rated this product a 4 based on Amazons rating system. I was on the line between a 3 and a 4. 3 meaning OK and 4 meaning I like it, based on Amazons rating criteria. For my purposes it really is only OK. But due to the materials of the garment, I didnt feel right knocking the product down to a 3 just because it wasnt my style. And i cant give the item a 5 star simply because i do not Love this item. I think a 4 is more than fair.
on April 3, 2016
I love the weight of the jacket, not too thick, not too thin. I love the material, a manly denim twill thing. What I don't like is the pockets or lack thereof. There are no internal pockets and the external ones don't close or have a flap. What goes in, falls out.
on February 23, 2013
First of all, it was a great price. Amazon had a discount, the seller had it discounted, (likely do to size and color). I was concerned by others about size issues. And I agree it is a long shirt. Normally I'd order a xxl tall, I ordered the xl tall, which gave me the 50% discount from regular full price. And I'm happy with the long fit. But thats me. The best fit tho, being I tend to layer under this type shirt, would have been xxl regular. This jacket fits to a tee and I can get a t-shirt over a long underwear top underneath and still have it buttoned up and look good, but I work at times with my arms extended above me (warehouse) and at those times the shoulder/arm area feels tight. May work loose as its still new and only washed twice. The quality is plainly evident as all Carhartt products I've bought and used for years. I tend to get it dirty thru the week and will keep an eye out for a similar price on a darker color one. I don't miss not having lower pockets as I don't walk around with my hands in my pockets, and they always seem to get snagged on stuff anyway, when your carrying things (like door handles etc). I don't wear it tucked in, so some extra length is not a concern for me. If I did I'd need some bigger pants!

Just an update.

I've had this shirt thru two winters here in Vegas and its held up well. The snaps are much tighter now tho my weight is the same. Think i should have gone with the XXl Tall, after all. Today I sewed up a a small spot in the lining before it gets too far gone. The outside of the jacket is still remarkably well preserved considering all I've put it thru.

I'm very happy with this purchase and pleased with the products performance.
on December 28, 2012
I bought these shirts for our sons for gifts. Both love Carhartt clothing. Thankfully, I read the feedbacks before ordering. I was concerned about sizing. The shirts run large as a previous customers said. I bought a smaller size for both. Good thing as they were still bigger than expected. I am hoping because it's all cotton they will shrink. My tallest son thought I made a mistake and bought a tall, but I knew it was a regular. He said he would just wear it as a jacket as the tails are long to wear as a shirt. Too much material to tuck into his pants. I have not heard from my other son we had to send him his gift who is shorter. He is a Carhart diehard. I hope he is not disappointed. I read from another customer who has been wearing these shirts for years and has been wearing the XL tall. When he got his shirt it was 2.5" longer in sleeves and 5.5" longer in the tails. He made a phone call to Carhart and suggested he get an XL regular. Fits fine, like a tall. I know my one son is just going to wear it as a Jacket. My other will probably have his wife shorten it for him or take it to a Tailor. It won't matter if he returns it as he will get the same size shirt. Carhart should have better quality control and should be obvious when looking at a shirt whether it be a Regular or a Tall to notice the length right away. Maybe they should of stayed in the U.S.
on March 29, 2011
I bought this from England because Amazon UK only does it in black, and there it costs £44 (about $70); buying it from Amazon US it cost about £36, and I was able to choose the colour. I took notice of the existing comments and thought about the size (I'm 46" chest, 34" waist); I decided to get large rather than the usual XL (well, the English version of XL). It was still enormous, a bit big in the shoulders/chest and positively balloon-like in the waist, so I boil-washed it and tumble-dried it on high (neither recommended...) and the shoulders/chest are now fine, although the waist is still a bit flappy. I may well get another, but it'll be medium next time.

Anyway... the shirt itself is great: only had it a couple of weeks, but worn it a lot because it's an ideal light jacket for the current in-between, not-winter cold, not summer-hot weather. It's solid heavy-duty canvas, and the flannel lining gives it that bit of extra comfort and insulation; the stitching and finish are very good, and I expect to get a lot of wear out of it. Highly recommended, a long as you think carefully about what size you need.
on October 8, 2013
When the first shipment of this shirt arrived, the snaps were faulty. One could not be unsnapped at all without pulling it away from the fabric. I returned it, thinking it was just an unfortunate flaw, and asked that a duplicate shirt be sent. On this second shirt, the snaps were so weak that three of them would not even remain closed. The slightest stress (even breathing)would cause them to unsnap.

Faulty snaps on two shirts in a row!! The probability that this would happen with two items in a row appears to indicate low manufacturing quality control standards. One might have second thoughts before ordering another item from this company.
on February 6, 2014
Usually a Large is too small for me after washing a shirt, especially with the length of the arms, so I had planned to get an XL. I got a Large in the Carhartt since they run big, but it's still extremely spacious inside. The sleeves are just barely long enough (expected they'd be longer) yet the shirt is huge. The main thing I didn't like though is the shirt tails in the front are extremely long - I'm about 6'1" and they come halfway down my thighs! I like the shirt and quality though - I'm going to exchange it for a medium and then trim / shorten it if it's still too long. Also the color isn't as grey as in the picture but looks more greenish / grey.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.