Shop Auto Winter Products Salon Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop STEM Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Despicable Me 3 available to buy Despicable Me 3 available to buy Despicable Me 3 available to buy  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on August 2, 2017
Real nice Shorts, good material, I have owned these in the past, they wear like iron, and get more comfy the more you wash them. BUT as with all Carhartt's the sizing is hit and miss. I liked them better when they were made in the Good Ole USA!! I got these for my son who actually needs a 32 inch waist, These were 33's and he could not close them, he said that they are more like 28's??? I will order again to be sure, but they really should quality check more closely their South American suppliers my goodness, Inches not Centimeters come on you guys.
4 Stars B++ RECOMMENDED
VOTE thumbs UP IF YOU FOUND THIS HELPFUL
3 helpful votes
on June 17, 2015
The Carhartt canvas utility shorts fit well.I am 5'11" 165lbs. The length is just above the kneecap which I like.The shorts have generous front and back pockets.The right side pocket holds my dinosaur IPhone 3 with Otterbox.It may not hold a more current and larger phone.I bought two pairs and can't evaluate durability as they are a recent purchase.They were delivered on time.
6 helpful votes
7 helpful votes
on January 13, 2016
I really liked these. I was a little hesitant about the canvas, but they feel good. I like the metal rivet closure button instead of a standard one, I think it will hold up better.

The only reason for the 4 stars is the cell phone pocket is useless for modern phones. I have a Samsung 6 and the top of the phone comes to the top of the pocket. I'm a little leery of putting my cell phone in it and it staying, both from working and moving around, and from fingers of people in crowds. Maybe if it had a closure to it I'd feel better.
3 helpful votes
4 helpful votes
0Comment|Report abuse
Preferred shorts for husband. He likes the fit of these shorts, and the fact that they come in a 33 waist (instead of the brands that carry 32 and 34, but not 33). He finds that with the proper size waist, and the cut of these shorts, they are very comfortable and hold up well over a long period of time. He has a muscular build, and finds that these shorts fit his physique well. They do not stretch out and sag, which is a benefit as the crotch and inner leg seams do not cause irritation after being worn for awhile. Overall, very good and durable shorts.
on September 21, 2016
I love the shorts, the were exactly as the description said. I wore these all summer cutting grass and liked that they were thinner. I have a pair of the thicker canvass shorts and with how hot this summer was I would have suffered. I recommend these for comfort but only go 4 stars because of the size issue. I am glad I read some of the other reviews before I bought these, because they are much smaller than than other brands sizes. Go at least one size bigger than you normally wear.
on March 7, 2017
these are a bit pricy but the dude can hardly wear them out
and he tries,
wonderful product and consistently well made
Thanks Carhartt,
on July 30, 2017
I've bought several pair of these and find them comfortable and very durable. The waist size on my Lee jeans is 34 but to have these fit like my jeans, I buy a 36. They're very durable and yet comfortable. I like the pocket for my cell phone.
on July 21, 2017
I got these for my husband and he loves them. It is hard to find shorts for him that are not below the knee the shorts below the knee make it difficult for him to work as he is a self employed carpenter. These were perfect.
on June 2, 2017
Great every day short. Nice to have real pockets where every time you sit down you don't lose your change. Very comfortable. Being 5'7" in height the 8.5" inseam is at the knee not below; my style.
on September 24, 2017
Great pair of work shorts. I have been wearing the Carhartt brand since 1999. I think these are the best work clothes made. The quality is the same today as when I first started wearing their products in 1999.
0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.