Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New Album by Foo Fighters GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 223 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 242 reviews
on November 27, 2014
This Hat fits just like I expected, it covers my ears nicely if I pull it down far enough. Shipping was fast, it arrived in a small plastic bag that fits easily inside the mailbox. The hat is a little bit deeper than I expected, so if I am just wearing it to cover my ears the top is loose, so that it has a loose look that doesn't look as cool as I would like. However if I pull it tightly downpassed my ears, it covers the top of the back of my neck, across my upper cheek bones & the visor rides just above my eyes- which is basically perfect for dimming the bright winter sun & snow. Keeping the hat pulled down that tight it is perfect for outside because it covers so much of the top of my head nicely and warmly, and when it's pulled down deeply it looks good too. However this isn't very practical for going inside because it is too warm to wear say walking around in a grocery store, so inside the head must be pulled up in the top of it will be loose and not look as cool if you're in even a mildly warm setting. I can't complain about that though because they had works so well outside it keeping the top of my head nice and warm and even looks cool as long as I am outside.
review image
on March 14, 2012
I just received the hat. Im 6' and 250lbs a medium guy in Carhartt world. The hat is great quality but too small on my head. Please measure your hat size. Will not fit a head 7 3/8 hat size. 7 1/4 YES.
nice warm hat doesnt itch and fits great not tight not too loose. I wear a 7 3/8ths hat. stretches so should fit nice for a bigger head. some reviews said this hat is really small so they must have some big watermellon heads
on June 6, 2014
Oddly, it is just slightly too big for me so I have to adjust it often. The other Carhartt cap I bought is way too small, but also "one size." I don't get it, Carhartt. Clearly you need to size your hats, hire a real haberdasher to help design these things.
It is quite warm around the sides where that quilted rim is but thinner on top, so wearing it out in freezing temperatures I get really hot around the sides of my head but the top of my head not so much. If I were a bald person the top of my head would probably still be cold.
The stylized quilting around the sides has a loose outer layer and it is not very durable. After just one season of wearing this hat about three days a week for only a handful of hours each day, and never in any circumstance where the hat is being physically damaged by anything, there are holes and fraying.
It worked for me, even if it isn't durable and it is annoyingly big, but I wouldn't buy another. So far Carhartt has really let me down with hats, I won't be buying another from them unless they either nail size or durability.
on November 9, 2015
I like this hat. To me (I'm female), it's medium warmth and the visor keeps me from having to wear a baseball type cap. It's slightly large on me, but I figured it would be. The visor is only 2" at it's widest point, which is in the middle, and it narrows on both sides as it goes away from the middle. I have sensitive eyes and still wore my sunglasses, as I do even with a baseball cap, and this visor mostly kept the bright sunshine out of my eyes. The visor seems sturdy enough. I just got the hat and wore it once, so not sure how the visor will hold up, but seems decently made. I like it and would recommend it. I bought it bc I needed a warm hat with a visor.
on April 1, 2013
Bought this to stay warm in the field, it works well. I wear a 71/4 hat size and this hat is very snug I hope it relaxes soon before my eyes bulge, I think it will. This hat doesn't fit down over the ears as well as I hoped but I cut the stitching that keeps the roll band up and this helps. I would like a slightly larger brim like a snow boarders hat to keep the rain, and sun out of my face but its a fun little hat!
on December 10, 2013
Bought this hat for my Dad. It came quickly. I liked the way it looked so I kept it for myself. It looks really cool. Super duper warm. Good quality. Very pleased. I bought my Dad another style, still Carhartt though. Some reviews comment on the size. Mine did seem a little snug when I first put it on, but after an hour it felt fine. Just a good quality hat.
on December 7, 2012
This hat may look a bit odd at first since it has a brim on a winter cap, but it's great. It keeps your head really warm and offers a bit of extra protection for your eyes from sun, snow, rain etc. The materials it's made of are top rate as with any Carhartt product. It's basically a bit of a fancier version of the US Army jeep hat which is still issued today. I happen to have a couple of those too. It's a great winter hat, pick one up. Some reviews say that it's tight depending on head size, but over time it breaks in and if not give it a little stretch and help it break in. Great purchase!
on May 6, 2014
My head is a little on the larger side, so sometimes its tough to find a winter cap that fits over my ears, but this one fits pretty well. The brim is nice for cutting the wind, its probably about half the length of a baseball cap brim. Overall, fits well (maybe just because the hat is a little deeper than most, and is pretty warm.

I did not notice any drafts coming through on windy -10 to 0 degree Fahrenheit days, so I would feel confident with this keeping my head warm for anything short of a polar expedition.

I am happy with my purchase and would buy it again if I lost it somehow, (after one winter of light to moderate use, I have no reason to believe it will last any less than 5 to 10 years)
on May 4, 2013
This is a pretty heavy beanie that will keep your head very warm. I don't recommend it for casual or warm weather wear, it's designed for very cold, winter weather. That said, though, it does have a nice aesthetic to it, particularly the brown/tan model.

Some other reviews have noted that it won't fit a 7 3/8 size head, although this doesn't seem to be the case for me. In fact, it's actually quite large, easily covering almost the entire back of my head and sitting well below my ears. Everyone's head is different, of course, but it should fit comfortably for just about anyone.

The brim is pretty stiff and can be flipped up, but it won't stay in place for long. It's clearly meant to be worn with the brim down at all times, which, if buying a brimmed beanie, seems like the logical thing to do anyway.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.