Industrial Deals Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 1,551 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,617 reviews
on April 10, 2016
If you find yourself running a chainsaw and dont want to deal with chaps these are the pants for you. They are very thick and might just save you a trip to the ER. i was cutting trees on a hill on my property, lost my footing and the saw caught me in the leg. See attached photo. That could have been my knee all i got was a small cut. Just put a new chain on and it was sharp. Thank you carhartt! Will be ordering again.
review image
11 comment| 98 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 18, 2017
This review will focus on the fit of these pants rather than the quality, as carhartt has never failed to impress me with their durability. To start with, I own quite a few different styles of carhartt pants, my latest being the raw denim loggers, b07's I believe. I got those in 34x30s and almost swam in them, so I figured the b01 style would pretty much be the same. When I ordered my first pair in 34x30, they were pretty tight. I figured they would loosen with wear but no such luck. The finishing move was washing and drying them. They shrunk right up to the point that I just gave them to my girlfriend and ordered a size up, 36x30s. So my advice is if you get these in your normal size and they seem kinda tight, just return them and go up a size.
on April 18, 2017
I had NO idea how large these would really be. I ordered the same size (34 x 34) as my motorcycle pants thinking they'd be good. The waist fix perfect but they were WAY WAY WAY too long. The legs could fit a powerlifter (I'm chicken legged), not sure who these are made for but whoever it is must have HUGE legs. I'm sending the 34 x 34 back and ordering a 34x 32. Hopefully they'll fit better. I do love the construction, I'm sure I'll be able to wear them (baggy :( ) and all for years.
on December 4, 2015
I have purchased these firm hand double front t pants for years and they always have the same "Original Fit", and preferred, but this time I ordered three at the same time in different colors and two are "Original Loose Fit", they are too baggy in the upper legs in my opinion. There is no mention in the description of the fit being either and thought that other buyers should be aware of this.
on August 14, 2017
These are great pants! I have bought several pair that I have worn for years and they hold up very well. They are very stiff at first and are lightly water repellent but get very soft and more breathable as you wear them. I have an old pair I have spent a lot of time patching holes and frayed areas at the leg openings and above the reinforcement panels because they are so soft and comfortable after several years of hard use. The front panels are great for stopping punctures from welding sparks or thorn bushes. It is also very handy to be able to put knee pads into the panels. I put in bits cut from an old yoga mat and it is very comfortable to kneel when I cook while camping.

I have an unfortunate beef with Amazon keeping up listings for items that say Made in the USA that come with tags that say otherwise but so far these pants were the real deal in label and quality.
on July 19, 2015
I bought the carhartt brown pants. You will look like a ginger bread man until they fade and break in a little. After a few weeks of wearing they become softer. For the money these pants last a long time.
review image
on November 24, 2016
As a professional carpenter, I have used Carhartt for many years and have always been pleased with the quality and durability. They are made of heavy duty cotton duck and are especially useful during cold weather. I highly recommended these to professional tradesmen as they stand up to anything you can throw at them. Also if your an outdoorsman, these are ideal for camping, hiking, or any outdoor activity. And, by the way, they look great and can be used for casual wear. Once they have been laundered a few times they be come very soft and comfortable. These will quickly become your favorite pair or casual everyday wear. Try them out, you won't be disappointed!
on April 18, 2017
Carhartt makes great products, and these pants are no exception. The double front is stiff, going up and down stairs or ladders is a little uncomfortable after a while. Working in the woods with the chainsaw it is nice to know there is the extra layer of protection below my chaps, and working in the dirt I'm not worried about wearing out the knees. Over 25 years of wearing their products and the quality remains high, and that is so nice when so many other products and companies have lost their way making inferior products from their originals. The one thing to know about Carhartt bibs, pants, and shorts is that they run a size or two bellow others. I will wear a 36 in all my other pants, but a 40 for Carhartt.
on September 1, 2016
These are the standard by which all work pants should be judged.

Very durable fabric, nice roomy fit, useful pockets, and great American made quality stitching.

I work 60+ hours a week around industrial machinery and some pretty nasty chemicals. I get about a year out of a pair before the crotch and pockets finally give. That's a record.

These might cost a bit more than Dickies and even some other made in the USA brands (looking at you Roundhouse and Stan Ray), but the quality really is much better. There's a reason everyone tries (and in my opinion, fails) to copy the old B01.

My only small gripe is I wish they still came in a 28" inseam and offered them in Navy or denim.
on May 5, 2015
Fit: They sit at the waist, not below the waist which is a proper work pant. You dont want low rise work pants right? Legs are roomy and they tend to be on the baggy side towards the calfs which I dont prefer but thats the way they are.

Material: The duck material is very strong, high quality. It has triple stitching. Very well manufactured pair of work pants. Made in the USA.

Color: Darker than an average khaki which I really like.

Temperature: They dont feel warm but I havent used them on a hot day.

I would take this brand over Dickies.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.