Customer Reviews: Carhartt Men's Big & Tall Heavyweight Cotton Thermal Crewneck Top
Oct16 Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Electronics Holiday Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Halloween Candy Cozy Knits Book 2 or More Hours of House Cleaning on Amazon bajillions bajillions bajillions  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 All-New Kindle for Kids Edition Frank Sinatra Shop Cycling on Amazon Fit for Fall Save on select BOB strollers, Car Seats & Accessories

on December 4, 2012
The Carhartt People are all about quality... Because of price I hesitated before my initial purchase, but reviews prompted a buy... After laundering, with minimal shrinkage and a single use I bought again; then I repurchased as a Christmas gift which I am sure will be greatly appreciated....
on May 22, 2011
God it is so heavy than it seems your wearing a quilt but strechy. Works well under my long sleeves shirts. Only the logo is a little bit too big and it shows up under my shirt. But great product, well made. It's a classic.
on January 26, 2012
I grew up in the 60's in NJ where winters were tough, and we all wore long johns that kept a person warm. Today, most sets are paper thin and do nothing to keep a man warm. This set, while pricey and not as thick as they used to be, is far better than what most department stores sell, and better than the popular underwear brands. I highly recommend these to you. I purchased the XL long, to accommodate for shrinkage. I normally wear just XL.
on September 4, 2013
Carhartt never fails to exceed my expectations. I've purchased about a dozen items from this company and every single one of them has been more comfortable and durable than any other piece of clothing I own. They really are the best brand for outdoor clothing in and around the same price range....and that's not limiting the use to outdoors. I've worn this thermal to dinner, at get-togethers, to school, and when I'm just sitting around the house. It looks and feels good wherever you go.

I have a slimmer/fit body and this long sleeve fits just right. It's not too baggy or loose so it shows off a little more definition than a regular long sleeve. The bottom is comfortable but is tight enough that it doesn't "hang" past your waist. The mid section fits to the body but isn't too tight that it's uncomfortable. The armpit/shoulder area is loose enough to look clean and presentable by itself, and also tight/slim enough to wear under a hoody or jacket. The wrist portion is tight enough that it doesn't allow the sleeve to slide up or down the arm, whether you have the sleeves down or pulled up at the elbow.

Highly recommend this product -- if you're considering thermal/long sleeve options then look no further. Well worth every penny and will last more than twice as long as any other brand.
on May 4, 2013
This shirt has two things going for it, it is comfortable, and man is it warm! Now it is impossible to fault a heavy weight, thermal piece of clothing for being warm, but I would only wear this on the coldest of days. I wore it several times during the month of March, for maple sugaring in New Hampshire, so figure most days were in the mid-thirties to lower forties, and I could easily wear it without a jacket. In fact by the end of those days, I was often soaked with sweat, but still cozy. What really surprised me though, is when the work got done every day, I would leave it on, because man, it was comfortable. The fit is also great, I have a long torso, and even after a wash it was still very satisfactory in its length. I highly endorse this product, but know that it is probably best going to serve you on those very cold days.
on March 4, 2013
The reviewers who rave about these thermals being warm must be comparing them to some KMart trash. I have the Carhartt 100% polyester tops and bottoms and now THOSE are warm. My recommendation is to pay more and get the polyester thermals.
on January 30, 2013
The cold weather was getting to my dear husband, so I picked up a couple of "waffle" patterned thermal shirts at the local department store to get him through until the delivery of these Carhartt shirts. The ones I bought locally felt thick, but cheap. The Carhartt shirts are much lighter weight but with a very tight weave. The shirts are warm, soft and comfortable. They were a little pricier, but well worth it. They seemed to be made for someone with a longer, narrower torso, so the size may be an issue if you carry any chunk around the middle.
on May 1, 2013
My husband has to wear these under his work clothes because he works near 700-800 degree glass molds and these protect him from getting burned. We have had 3 sets of these and have washed them several times a week for over a year and they have held up really well. Carhartt's delivers superior quality that's worth paying a little extra for in the end. I tried a less expensive (but softer) pair of thermals and they got scratchy after all the abuse within six months.
on November 25, 2012
I bought this product as a base layer on those cold Colorado winter mornings, When i went to put it on for the first time i Immediately felt my body warm up......however within two weeks the low quality stitching exposed itself and i went from 1 hole to 3 holes in this thermal
on May 19, 2013
These are warm and comfy for the work I do outside. Carhartt makes a quality product. I would still suggest trying some Dufolds. I bought a pair of them with these ones and well prefer the Dufolds. They seamed to breath better and were softer. Although I love using this top as just my main shirt. Looks good on you as long as you don t have a beer gut.