Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Tailgating FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 976 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,018 reviews
on January 26, 2012
Purchased this for my husband, who runs his own construction business. He is really hard on his work clothes and has gone through numerous jackets, pants, shirts, etc in the past. Finally started buying Carhartt--and we will never go back! This jacket is by far the best jacket he has owned. He says that it keeps him warm when working (important on those cold winter MN days when he works outside!), but not too hot. It cleans up great--and still looks new even though he's been using it everyday. Just throw it in the washer--comes out looking great. He likes it so much, in fact, that he ordering the same jacket (but in a different color) to use as his "non-work" jacket. In short--this is a great product and I would highly recommend this to anyone- even if you aren't in the construction business.
11 comment| 138 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 14, 2014
Personal Specs:
Height: 5'11"
Weight: 160 lbs.
Waist: 33 in.
Inseam: 32 in.

Jacket fit exactly as expected (size Medium/ color Green), length covers several inches below belt line. Not too heavy, but has the expected Carharrt strength and durability. Sleeve length is just right, not too long/ short, nor too baggy, but room for rotational movement without significant pulling. Sherpa lining is toasty, sleeve interior has a nylon, quilt lining? (diff. from Sherpa lining). Exterior is bullet-proof, but softer than traditional duck (sandstone = sanded fabric = softer = greater mobility and comfort). Hood fits well and cinches completely around face with drawstrings. Snap buttons are reinforced with lapel fabric, easy to snap on and off. Overall fit is square with interior room to spare, not too baggy, leaving ample room for layers. Two interior pockets, one has velcro closure, the other zips. Hand pockets have a very soft lining and are ~ 6 in. deep, sufficient depth, not too shallow/ narrow. Great jacket, I would recommend this to a friend. I intend to wear this jacket fall-spring in Colorado working as a field biologist, where tears, snares and rips are expected with other jackets (i.e. brush, tree branches, thorns, antlers, etc). Also great for daily commute to work and general outdoor purposes. Jacket is bomber!
on December 26, 2013
lets start off. i am 5'10 170lbs 15% body fat. Athletic build. (medium would fit someone my height up to roughly 200lbs)
I went ahead and tried this jacket on in a carhartt retailer, and thankfully i did. I figured a LARGE would do the trick but much to my suprise this jacket (or Carhartt in general) runs about a size big. Due to consideration of wearing layers underneath and beer bellys). If you wear Large lets say fruit of the loom or hanes tshirts, a medium jacket will fit!!
A Medium allows me to freely raise my hands without revealing my wrists. Sits below the waist unlike a lot of other Carhartt jackets which just reach the belt, room to spare so it wont expose your midsection when raising your arms either.

A Medium fit great. I have broad shoulders and this looks tailor made and really exencuates them nicely. The waist is a little baggy (not crazy) but roomy enough when a hoodie is needed underneath or wearing a bib.Quality this jacket is top notch. Triple stitching and sherpa lining. The sherpa lining only covers the chest, back and hood of the jacket not the sleeves! The sleeves are insulated though with fabric and is def not a deal breaker, just something to be aware of.

Hood fits great. Not too big and ackward, but sits just right over your head. Sleeves have a elastic liner to keep the wind out

This thing is warm trust me. Today it hit 25F, snowing and i left my house snug with just a tshirt underneath. People are complaining about the jacket not having a zipper and rating down because of it. Yes a zipper would be nice but the buttons are quality snap ons and keep the wind out. But hey you shouldnt rate down knowingly buying it without a zipper. It has a weathered look and is pre-washed/pre-shrunk. No need to break this bad boy in. Happy with my purchase.

Only 2 things would make this jacket better:
A zipper would be excellent
knitted elastic waistband

Not just tough but also stylish for a working mans coat. Several guys at the job have been asking me the style of this specific Carhartt jacket. Buy it you wont regret it. But order a size down trust me If your a Large in most other clothing a Medium will give you room to spare for a hoodie. I got mine at $85 with shipping while most retailers wanted $100-$125 for the same exact jacket!!
44 comments| 145 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 23, 2016
I have been needing a good, solid and warm work jacket forever now. I originally googled "best work jacket" and the J140 and J130 styles came up all over as the most popular with the highest ratings and reviews. I'm glad I went to Bass Pro after looking over the thousands of reviews of the J140 and J130 jackets to try them on and make sure a small was going to be right for me. I am 5'7 at about 140lbs. The J140 is definitely built to last with a strong canvas like outer layer and would definitely serve to keep you warm in very low temperatures. But once I tried it on I felt like the kid from A Christmas Story and my arms didn't want to go down! Not much movement available to work in and definitely way to bulky for my taste.
The J130 was better but I really liked the feel of the Sherpa lining instead of the flannel lining. Bass Pro didn't carry anything Sherpa lined in black that had a hood, so I went on Amazon and had to search a bit to find the J284. Most other Sherpa lined jackets were not available in a small black. This jacket is perfect! Fits perfect, warm as I'll ever need in SoCal, the sandstone finish is very nice and will hold up against oil and dirt, as I am a generator/engine mechanic, full movement with my arms, a hood and I get a lot of compliments on the way it looks. I wear it outside of work just as much, oh and I love the inside pockets. It was available in Prime so it got here in just a few days with free shipping!
I couldn't be happier with my purchase.
on January 29, 2015
I'm 5'10", 160 lbs. I also have a long torso, giving me the conundrum of medium shirts making me look like a heroin addict emo-kid, with large shirts giving me a hoodrat gangsta wannabe appearance. So it goes. Bought both the Medium and Small to try for fit, given past reviews. The small FIT, ie; if I washed it once, I would be replaying Chris Farley's "fat guy in a little coat" routine. However, the Medium, well... I was kinda swimming in it. What to do, given that I loved both coats? Washed the Medium on hot, threw it in the dryer on hot (both against the wash/care tag advice) and the medium is now a perfect fit- roomy, yet does not look like I borrowed the jacket from my older, larger brother. I love this coat. It's super duper warm, and comfy. Get it, love it, stay warm. Blocks out the wind pretty well, haven't been rained on to try it out in the wetter elements. Would consider as a motorcycle jacket (sans elbow pads).
on February 3, 2017
I have other Carhart jackets and I was expecting this one to be a wee bit smaller but was very happy to find out that it actually runs a wee bit large, enabling you to wear something thick under it like a sweater or sweatshirt. But wearing something thick underneath isn't a necessity. I've worn this jacket in minus 40 degree weather before with just a T-shirt underneath and it kept me comfortably warm. The only disappointment I have with it is that it's closure method is snaps only, no zipper under them and NO WINDFLAP behind the buttons, it only has enough overlap for the buttons and that's it. As a cold weather garment it should've at least been designed with a wind flap behind the buttons. Better yet, a zipper too. Thus, if you're wearing it on a windy day make sure you're angled right so the wind doesn't worm it's way inside around the buttons.

I still gave it 5 stars because it's overall quality is what I've come to expect from Carhart...first rate. It's very comfortable to wear and looks great too.
If not for the fit, this would be my 5-star jacket. It was way too tight in the shoulders and arms while being too big at the waist. Normally I fit fine into size L, but this was a far different L than what I am.

I got this jacket when the offer included free returns, so I returned it and received the credit right away. The price varies considerably, having changed several times since I bought and returned this jacket. It has a wide range so best to watch it for awhile before plunging.

As I mentioned the material is fantastic. Also, the color and fabric look as good as the photo. I just can't understand why the jacket had a fit so different than my perception of it in the product photos.
on October 5, 2016
The jacket is very comfortable and heavy duty. It works great in cold weather. The hand pockets are nice and the inside zipper pocket works great for my wallet. The only problem is the snap buttons. They are very cheap and have never worked properly. It's weird because Carhartt usually makes top notch clothing. If you like for your jacket to snap shut then you will do better ordering the Carhartt C95. It's a similar jacket that zips up. I wish they made this jacket with buttons.

Updated 12/22/2016
The snaps have never worked. It gets cold when the wind blows because you cannot close the jacket. I cannot in good conscience recommend this coat.
on July 29, 2015
Bought this for our 18-year-old son as he heads to college in the northeast (we southerners don't really need a full-blown winter coat!). He is 5' 9" and 175 pounds. Rather broad in the shoulders and likely to only get broader in college. His pants/shirts sizing is in that in-between place of M & L. We got a large and he was afraid it would be too big, but it is not. A great fit, not too long and sleeve length good too. Will do well with hoodie underneath for extra layering. He is very happy with the jacket!
on October 19, 2015
Nice coat for the price but the snaps are marginal. I returned the first coat I received because I thought the snaps were defective but after seeing the second one was about the same I guess the snaps are just weak. When pushing the snaps together it's hard to tell if the snap is even engaged because you don't feel the normal crisp "snap" action. Once snapped it takes very little force to pull the snap apart. I kept the second coat because even with the marginal snaps I still think it's the best work coat in this price range and I like the style/features. Time will tell on the snaps.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.