Industrial Deals Beauty MagazinestoInspire STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis hots Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 47 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 53 reviews
on November 6, 2014
PROS: I wanted a jacket for everything casual, including property chores, yet that was warm. So far so good. I've been down to 30°F so far and it's still warm. The jacket arrived a little stiff from the sizing, but that breaks down fairly quickly with wear. If you have a dryer with a steam function, that will soften up the cotton duck as well. The fit was generally good. Be sure you really want a short, waist-cut jacket, because this is that and absolutely nothing more. There are two-button adjustments along each side, to help cinch it up at the bottom for a snugger, draft-free fit, if you need it.The two front pockets are roomy and well positioned for easy in/out. The jacket seems to be very well constructed, the cotton duck seemingly indestructible, and I have no reason to think I won't be wearing it thirty years from now.

CONS: I am tall (6'2") and the arm length is just barely long enough. I purchased a Medium Regular. Because I'm thin, the Medium Tall would have simply been too much jacket. However, the knitted cuffs mitigate any issues resulting from the sleeves not being a little longer. I considered that this may be an intentional design feature, as longer sleeves may get in the way when worn in an actual work/laborer environment (which is what the jacket has been deliberately designed for). The zipper is a heavy duty brass zipper and it feels like it. It's dry and sticky feeling, like all zippers of yore. The difference is particularly noticeable after being being habituated to the silky feel of nylon and teflon zippers that are more the norm these days, especially if you're used to wearing high-tech clothing—but this zipper is unlikely to ever fail, unlike its synthetic counterparts.

Putting it on makes me want to grab a six-pack and a hammer, then order my Golden Retriever up into the bed of my pickup. I own the hammer. Good thing I didn't buy the tan-colored option. Enjoy. It's a great jacket.
on December 24, 2012
This is my 2nd coat, identical model but a different color.

The price was what tipped the scales for me, and knowing how well the other fits and warm it is. One great thing, even in warmer weather, this coat isn't hot and remains comfortable.

Even though Carhartt does cost more than your average clothing, the quality and durability is unbeatable. I've had my first coat for 5 years and it shows minimal fading, no sign of fraying, even the threading is completely intact.

At this point, I've given a couple as presents. While the recipients were happy with such a present, I was happy to know they have a very enduring and rugged coat.

Yes, I would absolutely recommend this coat (and brand).
on January 12, 2016
From what I have seen so far, I love it. I have yet to wear it in a cold climate, as I just got it, but it is pretty much what I expected.

It is not very bulky for a jacket. It is a short waisted jacket, and this is a plus for me being a shorter person. The only slight disappointment would be that the sleeves are a bit baggy, however this is something I have grown used to.

Overall, I love this jacket, and would buy again. The only reason for 4 stars is because I haven't tried it out yet.
on March 1, 2015
The quality of Carhartt isn't the issue, it's just that I didn't realize how SHORT this jacket was. It looks like the one I wanted that went just below my belt line, that I've had for years...but this belt was above my belt - like something a carpenter would use while they wear a tool belt to keep it exposed.

Again, Carhartt is great and I own two other jackets and a hoody from them, I just didn't realize how short on the waist this was. Easy to return, no issues there. I thought I could save some money by trying it on in the store and buying it here lol.
on November 6, 2014
These jackets look great on the models. I bought one and had to send it back. They fit pretty snugly. I got a small, which usually works for me. What you don't see in the pictures is that the sleeves are cuffed internally. I like a looser fit around my wrists, not a wide elastic band. This is probably great for working out in the cold all day, but for me it was annoying. That, coupled with the fact that the jacket wears rather tightly and is bulky, and I could not keep it. A more relaxed fit would be great, since I love the outer material (kind of a canvas). Maybe next time.
on June 13, 2012
I bought this jacket to wear while working outside. It is really warm and extrmemly durable. It did run a little big so I wish I would have gotten one size smaller but it is warm and a great buy
on October 9, 2012
The Carhartt sandstone traditional jacket is what I would call good old fashion quality. I purchased three of them after buying the first one for myself. I was so inpressed with the product I wanted my two sons to have one for the New England winters. A little stiff when you first receive it but a little wear or a wash and your warm and comfortable.
on November 3, 2014
Would have given 4 star but I didn't realize I was buying a second. When zippered one side hangs 1 inch lower than the other side:-(

Carhartt products are always great and have been buying this brand for years. Size small mens fit me fine and I'm a female. Carhartt women's line fits terrible and made too small in all the areas that count and are not as rugged.
on November 25, 2013
Great Carhartt quality and nice fit except for the length. I'm 6' tall and 170lb, this is my third Carhartt coat and the only one I have an issue with. My #j130 and Muskegon #100112 are both mens regular medium and fit great, Carhartt list the lengths in mens large as 29" (j130) and 30" (100112). This jacket (#j22) in mens large is 26" length so in my medium is probably only 25". This jacket falls on or above the beltline. Just like the others it fits me great through the arms and chest but is just too short. I got lucky and sold it to my neighbor for his son the same day I got it for the same price I paid ($60). You live and you learn but it all worked out, kid got a great jacket at a great price ( as did I) and I learned to pay more attention online.

IF YOU WANT A STRAIGHT CUT CARHARTT COAT WITH NO HOOD ORDER THE #C26 (30" length) NOT THE #J22!!!

All Carhartt products are 5 star in my book but the lack of info provided by Amazon on this product is a 3 at best considering other sites list the overall length, sleeve length and chest measurements.
on December 28, 2016
Not as warm as you expected but I wore it everyday the passed 2 years and it is still in great shape.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.