Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Carhartt Men's Journeyman Belt,Brown,46
Your Garage Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis DollyParton Shop Now STEM

Size: 46|Color: Brown|Change

on August 28, 2011
I have had this belt since October 2010. This belt has held up very well and has stretched very little. I have only worn belts regularly for 2 years, at first, I thought that all belts were created equally. I was wrong. I initially purchased a generic 10 dollar belt at a local store. Within half of a year, the belt was excessively worn on the sides, the belt peeled apart in layers, and the majority of the inside of the belt where the buckle was when the belt was worn, was shredded. The belt was still barely holding together, but I retired it and decided to buy a good belt.

It has been nearly a year and this belt, the Carhartt Men's Journeyman Belt, has shown little wear. In my experience, the leather gets a bit dry, but using mink oil 2-3 times a year solves this problem. This is not the fault of the belt, leather get dry. If anything, this is a testament to the belt being actual leather.
I highly recommend this belt, do not waste your money on a low quality belt.

Update 9/18/2012 : This belt is still going strong. After the first six months or so of minor stretching (half a size to maybe a size; no more than one hole on the belt) the belt has not stretched more. It has been nearly two years of daily wear and the belt is still holding together well. The areas where the belt has worn most have turned a light gray to brown in color. The belt is still thick, strong, and pliable after two years. This belt costs about twice what the local junk belts cost, but lasts at least 4 times as long. That is value.
11 comment| 79 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 18, 2011
Size appears to be accurate. Quite durable, single chunk of leather style of construction.
Only warning is that this belt is on the wide side. It is listed as 1.5" (I think) and that is accurate, but it is on the beefy side of that. Other belts tend to be on the smaller side. Notably, I wear Dickies traditional work pants, and this just barely fits through the loops. OTOH it is perfect with jeans, and just right with Sears work pants.
on December 28, 2010
My husband is tough on his clothes. He wears out jeans, socks and belts very quickly. He always wears out the notches in his belts to where the belt pretty much breaks in half. However, this Carhartt belt has lasted a long time and is still in great shape. Over the past two years, I have just about replaced his entire closet with Carhartt-brand clothes. Definitely worth the money!
11 comment| 72 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 5, 2014
Purchased this belt, knowing the Carhartt name and saw full grain bridle leather in the description. The price was too good but thought I would take a chance. Be warned this is not a full grain bridle leather belt. It is a "Genuine Leather" belt even has it stamped on the inside. For those who haven't spent time with belts that fall apart, the term genuine leather is a marketing euphemism for ground up pieces of leather glued together. The outside is then covered in any manner of pleather or artificial leather looking sticky that looks great in the store but will scrape off in a matter of weeks usually. Stay away and do not order this. Have been in the process of trying to get some feedback from Carhartt or Amazon...to now avail, you get what you pay for it seems even when its the product specifications says otherwise....
55 comments| 81 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 20, 2011
This thing is a trooper, took the buckle off and replaced it with one of my favorite ones. and this thing as delivered every day. I do flooring and tiling, on houses in the winter, and pools in the summer. I have beat the hell out of this thing, has help up beyond my expectations. Im 6'5" 260 lbs, i like to wear my belts tight, and normally the slots for the buckle like ot stretch, but no issues here. IF I EVER need a new belt, i will definitely get another one of these.
on May 10, 2015
The buckle is held together with two snaps. While removing the label/tag one of the snaps just popped off. Not popped open, mind you - but the part which is supposed to stay in place (crimped down) came right off. There is no way to fix this, unfortunately, and no way to wear the belt. Anyway - poorly made, the snap should have been crimped on *without* the fabric of the label in place. Returning it and searching for another belt option...
on August 17, 2015
I'm concerned that this may not be a genuine Carhartt product. The belt does not communicate quality to me. The leather has a plastic feel to it and is quite lightweight. The riveted snaps holding the buckle on are not heavy duty whatsoever and have no bite. They pop apart at the slightest pressure. I do not expect this item to last long with regular use. I will include a picture. This is the first product review that I have left aside from a faked iPhone otter box case I bought a year or two ago. I only make reviews if I am genuinely concerned that I have been ripped off.

(If this is truly a Carhartt product, I apologize to Carhartt but must express my disappointment in the quality.)
on July 29, 2011
The outer snap fell apart while I was removing one of the tags - fell apart as in one half of the snap detached from the metal peg it fits in, rather than just becoming unsnapped. Was able to get it back together, but it doesn't stay snapped as well as it used to.

The inner snap also opens quite frequently. Not a critical issue, but I think it's a sign of overall bad craftsmanship (And it bugs me, for whatever reason). Would recommend against buying this belt.
on July 16, 2015
Loved the belt when it came in the mail, however, after less than a year the buckle broke and it's now useless. Might be OK if you don't wear it daily, but my last belt lasted years of daily use. Unfortunately I don't think I'll be buying a Carhartt belt again.
on September 25, 2011
The belt looks nice and fits well, but the buckle on mine broke in less than a month of regular wear. Not what I expected from a Carhartt product.