Truck Reviews Beauty Warlight Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc CMA Fest Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon $0.99 rentals for Prime members $0.99 rentals for Prime members $0.99 rentals for Prime members  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now STL18_GNO

on April 23, 2013
I'm a 40x32 pant size, and I'm 6'4. I have to say, these jeans feel very, very comfortable and they feel much more durable than Wranglers brand jeans.

I ordered the loose-fit type because most jeans I've worn in "relaxed fit" are a little baggy in the rear. The length on them was always just fine, though.

These jeans do feel comfortable, however the length would probably be the equivalent to... if they make it, a 40x36. That much length makes a major difference. I'm keeping this pair and just going to swing by the clothier near my apartment to shorten them, next pair I'll probably see if they have a Relaxed-Fit, instead of Loose-Fit. That could be the difference, in length.

I recommend, but again be wary of the leg length.
7 people found this helpful
on January 30, 2015
I love these Jeans. I wear a 34W x 30L and I weigh about 200 lbs so by most respects I am a fairly average sized guy but I know that no two people are alike and I am definitely living proof of that. But because of that I usually find it extremely difficult to shop for jeans, and usually once I find something that fits well I stick with it. However the last brand of jeans that I had been wearing were just awful when it came to durability. I had my old jeans for years before I started buying these other ones. But they fit great which is why I kept buying them, although on average a pair of those jeans was only lasting 4~6 months before being completely destroyed. After going through about 8 pair of those jeans in about a year and a half. I decided I had to try something new. I was already familiar with Carhartt work wear as I have one of their excellent coats so I figured I would take a chance on their jeans.

When they first arrived I was a little disappointed when I tried them on as they were fairly tight around my thighs... which is the problem that I usually have with jeans. But I decided to give them a chance and after a couple of days of wear they loosened up nicely and now pretty much fit perfectly. They are still a little snug on my thighs for something considered "loose fit" jeans, but honestly I don't have a problem with it. For me I assume this is probably about how normal jeans fit on normal sized guys.

For what it's worth I also received a pair of Carhartt "relaxed fit" jeans for Christmas and for me those are completely unwearable. I tried my best to break them in but they are like ridiculous hipster skinny jeans on me and are very revealing. So for me I am definitely sticking with the Relaxed Fit jeans for a while. I have only had the first pair a couple of months but they are holding up great and I have already ordered two more pair of them. I would definitely recommend these to anyone who wants a comfortable durable pair of jeans.
on January 30, 2015
Been wearing Levi's since I was a lad (40+ years). I like Carhartt's shirts and decided to give these a go. Bought these and the Relaxed Straight Fit to test the sizing, quality and look. I am 6'3" 220#. In Levi's I typically wear 34W36L (except after the holidays! then its a 36W36L). I got these in the 36W36L for both pair/styles, figuring if they ran big I could just wear them 'round the house, or for the day after Thanksgiving.
Sizing was dead on to what I am used to. I WILL be ordering another pair but in the 34W. Overall, they have a more solid feel to them than my Levi's, and the cut is good. (Maybe a slightly higher waist...maybe.) It's been a couple weeks, but overall they seem more comfortable than my 36W36L Levi's (and it's hard to beat a good pair of broken in Levi's).
The length is long, but I always wear boots and jeans shrink. A 35L would be perfect, but 34's end up too short.
Again, buying clothes without being able to try them on is always risky, but these were spot on.
on March 17, 2016
I started buying Carhartt jeans several years ago after my previous job as a safety and security tech (working on fire alarm systems, video surveillance systems, etc.) was absolutely destroying the cheap jeans I'd been buying at places like Old Navy, Wal Mart, and Target.

The Carhartt's are really not much more expensive than non-sale jeans at those stores, but will last several years rather than several months.

Although I'm not working outside in all kinds of conditions anymore, I still buy the Carhartts. They wear so much better after repeated washings and it takes more than a year for my daily carry Leatherman Super Tool 200 to wear through a hole in the right front pocket!
on January 13, 2013
Levi's were my choice for 45 years. Then something happened. They left the country and with that went all the traditional high quality of their core product. Now its popped rivets, holes at the end seams, fly buttons falling off...all in short time. I knew Carhartt was a better brand right off the bat. After receiving them I did the usual bit of tossing my three new pairs in for a quick wash to soften them up and get any factory chemical treatments etc off them. They took nearly twice as long to dry than the old Levi's used to. Better material and more of it. And they fit first time right. It's all about quality and Carhartt seems to have it.Time will tell..Levi's has big brass ones charging what they do for a product that is now so sub-standard and lousy. Sorry Levi's, I hate to say goodbye but you did it to yourselves. The good ol' days are over.
25 people found this helpful
|11 comment|Report abuse
on January 10, 2015
I have had a hard time finding jeans that actually fit since the whole hipster nut-hugger skin tight jean thing caught on. These jeans however, I can move naturally. The quality seems on par with $100 jeans! Fit is a little tighter than I expected, I usually wear 34x32, but had to order a pair of 36's. Once on, EXCELLENT. I will be buying more of these eventually. Would highly recommend a pair or two!!!
2 people found this helpful
on December 24, 2014
Finally found jeans that fit me properly! I'm 6'3" and weigh close to 200lbs. Finding jeans that fit right is a hard task. These are awesome and very high quality. The waist seems to be spot on, but they run VERY long. I normally wear a 35/33 and the 35/32 were a little too long even with boots. Since they don't do odd lengths, if you're on the fence, definitely go on the shorter side.
3 people found this helpful
on August 20, 2015
I got these as a birthday gift for my husband because he really wanted to try carhartt pants. so i talked to a coworker of mine because that's what he had and he told me to buy them because they are so comfortable and are a good quality. so i bought them and my husband absolutely loved them. they kept him warm and was a true fit to his pants size. carhartt pants are truly made to last and make there customers truly happy with there products. since then I have bought more jeans and other products. try it you wont be disappointed.
|0Comment|Report abuse
These are great jeans. The fit is a bit large (and I'm very familiar with Carhartt clothing's "fit" - meaning they run large vs popular/trendy brands such as Ralph Lauren, Tommy, Nautica, etc.) for what I was looking for, but are comfortable and I'm happy with them. The construction is VERY solid, I would however remove the belt loops that are 2" from the main button. The material is thick, but not stiff after two days of break in. I'd recommend these to a friend.
on August 1, 2015
I'm a long-time Carhartt guy simply for the quality of materials and workmanship. These pants are no exception and will replace Carhartts I've had for 5 years that are just a bit too ratty to wear to work.

I would concur with others: These run a little snug in the waist, and a little long in the inseam. I prefer jeans that are snug at the waist but loose everywhere else. For reference, I'm 6'4" and 220. I bought 38x36 compared to my normal 36x36 due to previous reviews. The waist is good (maybe a touch snug) but the length is easily a 38". Not a problem if you'll wear them with boots like me, but definitely a problem if you're wearing with regular shoes.

Also, for reference, the front pockets are about medium depth..... when I reach fully in, my watch stops just before going into the pocket.
One person found this helpful
|0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.