Oil month Automotive Best Books of the Month Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Offline listening. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home Gift Guide Mother's Day gifts across Amazon Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fifty Shades Freed available to buy Fifty Shades Freed available to buy Fifty Shades Freed available to buy  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now Start your Baby Registry

on December 17, 2015
Have bought these for some time, my favorite brand. But last pairs purchased have developed wholes at corners of rear pockets and even couple also near bottom of zipper after only a few washings, still were "new". Very disappointed with recent diminished quality from Carhartt.
Update May 31,2017. Recently got Carhartt to respond to me. They deny hearing any issues with their quality, insist they haven't changed any thing in the"manufacturing process" but won't address the fabric quality issue. They offered me a 20% one time coupon which I won't be using. All I had asked was if they could assure me the fabric issue had been addressed before I order more as I desparetly need to but I guess I'll be looking for another brand.
review imagereview image
33 comments| 10 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on March 26, 2017
great jeans, but back right pocket rips after several months. has happened on last six or seven pair. Don't use that pocket for anything! Upper left corner of right rear pocket has ripped on almost every pair I have had. Commented this to lady at store near here that also sells Carhartt products, was checking prices, she said her husband wears same jeans and his rip too, in same place.
on August 12, 2014
PEOPLE, NOTICE THAT THE 1 STAR REVIEWS ARE ALL RECENT!! 1 wearing, 1 washing and a big hole on the back pocket inside corner. This is virtually the case on all of the 4 pairs I have purchased recently. I always have purchased Carhartt as they had excellent quality for construction work and were worth the price. These are now no better than rags. I will never, never purchase these jeans for my husband again. Found out that other men on his job site have the same problem. Also since I am seeing other reviews with the same problem on this site, it confirms that Carhartt does not give a hoot about this defect in their product. Word of mouth is the best defense. 1 man can tell at least 20 other men who can tell 20 more men. Well, Carhartt, I am sure you get it!
11 comment| 10 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on May 2, 2017
Very stable in how they're made. Unlike another brand jeans (starts with 'L' ends with 's') can get several pairs and they all fit the same.

Recently dropped a good amount of weight so I bought two pairs (36" and 38"). Able to wear the 36" regularly, but keeping the 38" for times when I want a bit more room (IWB). Plan to order more of the 36" soon.

These are also very sturdy jeans. Easily standing up to abuse.
on November 6, 2017
These are def' not the B17 jean of the past and the carhartt site reviews read much like my own so maybe it is their pant and not copy as I worried about. But these have legs that are so wide they look like clown pants. I wear the same size I used to w/ old ones that worked great but these are cut so odd. Never ran into this before had to ship them back and search for a replacement brand after all these years. I wound up w/ another brand I normally wouldnt of worn but they fit much like my old b17 carhartt so alls ok. (wrangler cowboy cut mens premium) I only put it there to help others I could care less what you buy I dont have any benefit form this. Frankly wrangler is cowboy to me and thats really not me but hey they work. Mailing stuff back and forth is a big pia. But Im grateful they let us since this size is very difficult to locate in person. (46x30).
on December 13, 2016
These Carhartt jeans are awesome. I love them. It's the only denim I wear.
The fit is perfect, and they are built to last.
I like how the lip of the pockets doesn't fray or wear out and turn white.
The openings by your feet stay looking good too, well as long as you don't buy them too long and drag your feet.
Right out of the dryer they are ready to wear. They do a really good job keeping their shape.
The dark blue is nice also as they don't have the faded and worn out look. No fancy designs on the pockets, just plain denim jeans in a durable and quality denim material.
on June 20, 2017
I have quite a few pairs of carhartt jeans, however over the years they've gone down in quality. That being said a major downside of buying these online is they could ship a pair that was made anywhere in the world. Most pairs I've ordered have been all the same from Nicaragua. However the most recent pair was made in mexico, the same exact size I always wear. This time the pants were no where close to fitting. I ordered a 34 waist, they sent me what was comparable to a 29 waist. I will be sending back to purchase another brand.
on November 29, 2015
They have changed the pattern used for making these, and incorporated a lot of labor-saving and quality reducing features. Instead of felling the inseams, they're done with a five thread overlock and topped stitched. That's faster and requires less skilled assmeblers, and covers up some errors made by the operator. (At the expense of having one leg an inch larger in diameter than the other, on the pair I got.). Lots of other sewing mistakes, too.

The fabric appears to be of decent quality, and they're still lining the back pockets (which makes a big difference in how long they'll last.), so they're not total junk. But they're not any better than what Walmart sell, which is a long way for carhart to have fallen.
on October 1, 2017
I don't think the people at Carhartt know the definition of the word "relaxed", at least when it comes to jeans. These were not only at least a size too tight in the waist, but very binding in the entire seat area. I will have to be returning them, and possibly trying one size higher hoping it will be acceptable. I expect the waist will be better, but I am not as optimistic with the fit of the seat.
on March 18, 2018
I have been wearing this carhartt style for many years. I am glad it remains unchanged. I wear a size 42 x 34 and these are my standard every day work or lounging jeans. Because they are "relaxed fit" they do look a little baggy around the butt and upper legs - but they are comfortable and allow for more freedom of movement than standard fit. Mine normally do not develop any tears, no seam or zipper issues, etc. Mine just "wear out" and go thin after many many wearings and washings - great value for money.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.