Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services Paterson Paterson Paterson  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Final Fantasy XIV Shop Now STEMClub17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 1,632 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,682 reviews
on May 27, 2013
I have worn Levi's all my life, no exceptions, for 5 decades, when it comes to denim. What made
me change my mind was the price of Levi's denim. I liked the price of Carhartt's denim so thought
I'd give them a try.

I have worn these jeans for over a month now and they seem very sturdy and tough by feel and
look; appear well made by my evaluation. They are "Made in Nicaragua from Mexico Components"
out of 100% cotton. By the way, Carhartt is located in Dearborn Michigan.

The "Relaxed Fit" seems to be cut a bit tight around the buttocks but waist and length are
appropriately sized for my 6 foot build. They still felt comfortable but just a bit more tight under
the buttock than Levis "Relaxed Fit" jeans of the same size.

I washed them in hot water and dried them in a hot dryer to shrink them UP a bit. The waist was
still appropriately sized and the length shrank a bit. The buttocks area, after the wash and dry
still felt the same. Again, I think it may be the way Carhartt cuts their product in that area.
Maybe someone else can chime in on my observation.

I am just shy of 6 foot tall, 195-200 pounds, and a 32 inch length is 1-3/4 of an inch too long for
me with tennis shoes or the like. With 3/4 inch boot heels they look okay, length-wise, but still
gathers around the ankles. Not my look but, hey, they are jeans for casual and work situations.
The 30 inch length was just too short, especially allowing for some shrinkage, and it appeared that
31 inch were not available. Whether that is a sizing decision of Carhartt's or just unavailable from
the vendor I do not know.

They have the standard 5 pockets; that is, two front and two back with a coin pocket, above and
slightly in the right front pocket. Easily takes my 1-1/2 inch leather belt and should be able to
take up to a 2 inch belt if need be.

Overall I am pleased with Carhartt jeans. Fit and finish is as good as Levis and sturdiness will be
found out in the future, but I feel they will endure well. They are soft as denim can be and look
like any other denim product. I would most likely buy another pair of Carhartt instead of Levis. I
can definitely recommend them as an alternate denim pair of jeans. I gave it only four stars due
to the lack of a 31 inch length and unknown issue of long term wear.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Update 11/22/2013: I did indeed buy another pair of these fine jeans. Although the product ID
number is exactly the same, the back side and the inside of the pockets are a brown-ish color. You
will still see the blue jean color on the outside viewable area but there appears to be no discernible
difference than the color. Curious. (See Photo)

UPDATE 05/2015: Both pairs of jeans are holding up well to repeated washings and drying.
44 comments| 57 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 11, 2017
This will be my last purchase of Carhartt jeans.

I dont know what the deal is but only 1/4 pairs have fit right. I ordered two pairs of these about a year ago, one pair was fine, they other right pant leg was twisted. Very annoying.

They got holes in them in a year, knees, top corners of the back pockets and some belt loops tore off.

Now for some reason, i buy two more pair.

They come in fitting like Jynco jeans from 1999. Might as well be bell bottoms. they are HUGE compared to the two pairs i bought a year ago. I compared thier tags and everything. Same size, same style. Im fed up and taking my business to Duluth.
on June 6, 2016
I ordered 2 pairs of these jeans at the same time. This was my first time ordering these jeans from Amazon, I usually buy the same jeans, same size, at Tractor Supply and have been wearing them for years so I know how they should fit. One pair fit perfect and the other pair is huge. The tag inside indicates that they are the same size but they clearly are not. Attached you will see the photos, compared to the second pair of jeans that fit you can see that they are over and inch of material longer in the length, the inseam, and the waist. I tried repeated drying but they will not shrink enough. Very disappointed in the purchase.
review image review image review image
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon January 18, 2016
My husband has a really hard time finding a style of pants that he likes. When he was younger he preferred a certain style of Levi jeans. However, as he's grown older, gained weight and is now doing work that requires more leg movements he's found that particular style doesn't suit his needs any longer. We found a pair of Carhartt Jeans like this in one of our local Western Wear Stores and he absolutely LOVED them problem was they were drastically over price by the retailer and when we went back later we couldn't find the exact style that he was so pleased with in their stock and they kept trying to sell us something they had in stock rather than order the jeans we wanted.

I recently found the same style he had previously purchased but completely worn out (I took about 4 years to do this) here on Amazon. I made the purchase and crossed my fingers that they would be the same fit. I did order them too long because he use to order 34" jeans but over time and 2 back surgeries we've found he must have shrank. lol Because now he wears a 32 inseam. Since he like the fit int the waist and straddle I didn't even bother returning them for the right length because he wears them with work boots and that allows them to bunch up and take up the extra space. I did have to send them back originally because the warehouse picker picked the wrong size pants which is another reason I didn't return them for the right length I had already returned the product once. The second issue was totally my fault so no harm no foul. He likes his pants.

These are a thick denim material and made for casual wear or working. They last a long time and are worth every penny of the asking price. Carhartt is a trusted brand and we are very pleased with the quality they offer. There are now only two brands of pants/jeans he will wear this one by Carhartt and Duluth Tranding Cargo Pants. The photos below are after several uses and being washed several times.

*I paid full price for these jeans and my husband is the member of our household that wears them for everyday use.
review image review image
on May 22, 2017
Well made jeans BUT they do run on the small side for the given, labeled size. If you're in between sizes by more than a half inch Id suggest you get one size larger.
Edit to add;
My return went smoothly, received a credit to my Amazon account the day my return was picked up. I got the next size up (44 waist) and the fit is much better. What I really like is the placement of the belt loops. I suffer from "Bat Belt" syndrome as I usually carry a bunch of different things off my belt and if belt loops aren't closely spaced my pants sag. Not any more ! I'd buy these again in a heartbeat !

I'll edit my review accordingly.
on October 31, 2014
I recently tore out the entire crotch of a pair of jeans while getting into a car. Yes, getting into a car. I bought those jeans at a store known for aged nautical armed forces. Yes, that one. I was fed up, so I decided to try paying another 10 dollars for jeans (for the first time ever) and took the plunge for Carhartt jeans. They finally started making their jeans in styles other than "high-fastening old man." This style? Definitely not mom-jeans. I wear them below the waist and don't have much of the saggy-butt look going. They do run a little longer than I expected, but I haven't washed/dried them yet, so they might still shrink up a bit.

You want to talk about rugged jeans, though? The denim is nice and thick, without feeling stiff or uncomfortable. The pockets are big, the construction is simple but durable, and the fit is modern without being a skinny-jean. I don't work outside or do any manly things, so i can't speak to the general durability of them. That said, I replicated the movements that ripped my old pair of non-Carhartt jeans, and I have not yet torn through the crotch of these jeans. I say that is a success.

Also -- the lighter wash? Give it a shot. Jeans these days all seem to be running really dark, and maybe that's the fashion, but I really like the look of this medium wash. It's a little more classic and goes well with lots of different colors. I wear a lot of black t-shirts, and the dark-wash jeans look kind of weird with a black t-shirt. These jeans just look timeless and normal. Oh, and I should add: I'm kind of a fat guy, and I like the way the legs of these jeans look. They're not tapered much (if at all), so I don't look like a cartoon character walking around in them.
I've purchased other Carhartt gear over the years, including khaki pants for work and a winter coat. All of those have been fantastic, so I decided to try out their jeans after being disappointed in the quality of the past couple of Levis 560 jeans that I'd bought. Overall, I'm very happy with the feel and quality of the denim used in these jeans, but there are some odd aspects. First, the front belt loops are so close together that it's difficult for me to get my belt tightened and in place - and I don't wear big cowboy buckles or anything. Next, they feel really tight when I sit down on the floor (they are fine in a chair), which I'm not used to with my jeans. I sit on the floor a lot, and these are relaxed fit and the same waist size that I buy in all of my pants, so I wasn't expecting that at all.

I almost gave these three stars, but they are very comfortable while walking around and feel fine when sitting in a chair. I don't like how close the front belt loops are, but overall I do like them. I did decide to buy some Wranglers after buying these, though, as these won't be my next go-to style for pants.
on September 6, 2016
I purchased these exact jeans from Amazon.com 2 years ago. I clicked the 'reorder' button expecting to receive the same pants, but I was sure wrong! The 'new' version of these pants do not fit anywhere close to the pants I purchased 2 years ago. I purchased 4 pairs and each one fit differently. One pair only came half-way up my hip while the next 3 I was able to button but there were so tight it was like wearing "YMCA" pants...get my drift? :-). In addition, 2 of the pairs of pants were long, very long....in comparison to both my old pants from 2 years ago and 2 of the pants that were ordered. You can tell that quality control is non-existent at the Mexican plant where these were made.

I am very disappointed and will now need to search for pants that are reliably sized.
on February 11, 2017
Item arrived promptly. The size was labeled as ordered with a 30" inseam, but was at least 2" too long. I can normally just pick up a pair of jeans in my size without trying them on, but these are being returned. The other issue I have is with the color. I usually order dark jeans, but I ordered these in light vintage blue, and the wash gives them a bit of a dirty look, which may appeal to some, but not to me. There are some slight brown undertones. This may have come out with some washing, but I'll never know as I had to return them. A couple points about the fit: they are tight in the seat, and a bit tight in the thighs - a bit too snug for a relaxed cut. I had a pair of Carhartts several years ago, and these have basically the same cut and fit, including the issue with the length, so be aware before buying. If most jeans are a bit too baggy for you, these should be perfect. In terms of quality, I would call these average to good. They don't appear cheap, but are no better than my other jeans which are LL Bean and Dickies, both of which I prefer as they are cut to fit me better.
on November 7, 2016
I wear these for work, so I re-order them once or twice a year, as my old pairs wear out. Every time I order these jeans from the same product page I end up getting a different color and a different fit. I even use the "Buy it Again" option on my personalized Amazon page. I tried to replace my current pair (which I really like), but was sent a pair of baggie, dark jeans that I can practically swim in. This has happened several times now.

In short, you're better off going to the store where you can see the actual product and try them on, rather than waste your time going back and forth to the UPS store.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.