Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 133 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 136 reviews
on December 16, 2016
So-so gloves. I expected more from Carhartt. One issue is, the thumb holes don't have an overlap, so there's a huge open slit across your thumb, which makes for cold thumbs. Also, they are thinner (and colder) than other, similar gloves that I have. The stitching is not the worst I've seen, I think it will hold for a good while. For some reason, NO ONE will make convertible glove/mittens that are ALL of the following at the same time: warm, stitching that doesn't unravel immediately, have magnets as hold-backs, and thumbs that open with overlapping, secure flaps. Let alone any with a windproof/wind--resistant material. I'd be willing to pay $60, $80 for a nice pair of gloves like that. But all we get is crap.

Companies see that people want these, and so they make a product that satisfies the concept, but is of as low quality as possible. There is no integrity in what people produce, they just want to make as much money as possible. "Oh, you want this awesome thing? Well here's a crappy, unsatisfying version of that, you have no better choice cause no one else has integrity either, so give me tons of money".

Also, if you have to buy these cause you can't find anything better: I am a woman with small hands and the small fits ok. But your thumbs are going to be kind of far down in the (badly made) thumb spots.
review image
on May 5, 2016
I ordered these for hubby as he is a mail carrier and needs some warmth during the winter.

These gloves are AMAZING!!! They are so warm, but not super thick and bulky. The fold down part that exposes your fingers have little magnets to keep the flap from flapping around. This allows his fingers to sort the mail, but keeps the other hand perfectly warm.

I know that with all the work he does with his hands during the winter, these will need to be replaced, but this past winter - there was very little wear that shows. He should be able to get 2 or 3 winters out of these.
on November 5, 2012
I like how these gloves look, and they are obviously well made. The only issue I have is that they're not very warm. I went elk hunting with these, and my hands were cold most of the time. If you're wondering... NO, we didn't bag an elk, dammit. But, I don't blame the gloves for this :)
on February 7, 2017
Seems to be a great glove. Not extremely warm but they keep my hands at a good temperature while riding my bike to and from school. About 10 minutes each way. They do fine while I am walking around campus as well. Its been pretty chilly this year, Most mornings are between 0 to 20 degrees. They were a little small. Maybe I measured wrong, but I got a large and needed a bigger size. Sent them back ad bought both XL and XXL to make sure I get the size I like. Free shipping and free returns with Prime so why not? They seem great. Carhartt is usually top notch.
on February 10, 2017
I'm a wildlife photographer. I wear these over gloves made for use with digital devices. These mittens slip right over my gloves and flip back to expose my gloved hand when I need to manipulate the controls on my camera. They have kept my hands warm in 10-30 degree weather. There is enough room to insert small chemical hand warmers if necessary.
on December 15, 2016
I purchased these for my "boss" as a Hanukah gift. They appear to be nicely made, and sized appropriately, I purchased large. They're not for extremely cold/harsh weather. But, should keep his hands warm when scraping ice/snow off the car, driving and brief periods outdoors. It should be nice for him to be able to have quick access to his cell phone without having to take the full glove off. While he doesn't seem to be a mitten man, I'm confident he will love these mittens. I would definitely recommend these.
on February 5, 2015
While this product is obviously well made and is a cool design, it has one flaw that makes the gloves all but useless. Picture a mitten in your mind. The reason that mittens are warmer for your hands than gloves is because mittens allow your fingers to touch and therefore retain more warmth. Gloves separate your fingers and thus do not retain as much heat. Now, this Flip-it: its half-finger glove parts are just a smidge too long and just a scoche too thick--they don't allow your fingers to touch each other when the mitten part is engaged! Therefore, they're not nearly as warm as they should be. I wouldn't call them a waste of money, but I expected more from carhartt.
on December 3, 2016
I got these convertible gloves for playing with the dog outside in winter. The finger and thumb flaps are magnetized, so they stay put when off. The fabric is light enough to be able to do tasks like throwing a ball, using the phone, holding a frosty beverage....
I think these are on the lower end of the "warmth" scale, so I wouldn't recommend them as the only solution for long term, super cold days, but they work exactly as needed for me.
on December 27, 2016
My husband works on and near the water, but had to have finger dexterity to do his job and work on electronics. This glove combines the best of fingerless gloves' dexterity with the best of mittens' warmth and adds Carhartt quality.

There are elastic bands around each finger opening to keep them snug and keep warmth in. These are amazingly warm for how light weight they are - they're not big and bulky at all. They are water resistant, also, so the water doesn't cool your fingers.

My husband loves these so much we're ordering more pairs.

Note: make sure you check the sizing! The Carhartt website has a sizing guide.
on April 23, 2017
I thought Ibwould need the Large size, but they fit a little tight. I ordered the XL and they fit good but still have a snug fit. I imagine if you feel you have wide or large hands but many XL gloves feel too big, I would order the XL at a minimum.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.