Shop Auto Winter Products Salon Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop STEM Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Despicable Me 3 available to buy Despicable Me 3 available to buy Despicable Me 3 available to buy  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on February 10, 2013
I have been wearing these pants for many years, beginning when they were only available in the Carhart brown. However, Carhart has now outsourced production to other countries. Last year, i ordered 5 pair in various colors. Every pair - identical size 34 x 30 - were cut differently. One pair, tight in waist and too long, another too wide in waist and too short, another correct waist but wrong length, etc. The green were made in Nicaragua, the brown in Mexico, etc, and the sizes seemed to vary by country of origin. So, extremely poor quality control. I ordered 2 pair this year, and had the same issue. So, unless you can go into a store and try them on, better get something else or be prepared to send them back and try to guess what size will arrive. I see Carhart is now advertising a clothing line as "Made In USA" so I guess they recognize the issue. Too bad. I really like these pants. But NOT recommended for on-line purchase.
183 helpful votes
184 helpful votes
77 comments|Report abuse
on April 28, 2017
I've been wearing these pants for 18 years. For working they can't be beat, in fact I wear them day-to-day at work in the office and when they start to wear a bit, I transition them to wear while I'm doing manual labor (working on car, yard, etc.). I don't know of a better pair of pants that fit me, every other manufacturer seems to have gotten the skinny jeans craze (and I literally mean those companies are crazy if they think I want to wear that). These pants also are comfortable and wear out slowly. They are more expensive than some jeans, but given how long they last, I think they are a pretty good price. I never had a problem until my most recent order where I ordered two pairs of pants, same style in different colors. One showed up about 2 inches longer than what I had ordered. That doesn't seem right, others here have said they seem to be having quality control issues. I agree.
on September 27, 2017
As a woman who works on a farm, it's extremely difficult to find quality, durable utility pants (we need those pockets too!!). I'm 5'8" and a size 4 and this size fit me with just enough room to add thermal underwear or leggings when the temps get chilly. I'll definitely be adding another pair or 3.
on March 1, 2016
These are my boyfriends favorite work pants. He says they hold up well to his abuses as an electrician. He also thinks they fit him well and look good on him. He even wears them when he isn't working! These pants have a better fit than another popular brand but he says these pants are much more expensive. We will continue to buy these but not as much because of the added cost factor.
on April 22, 2017
My husband is a mechanic for a large company. He crawls under and in machines getting dirty and sometimes grease on his clothes.
These pants are great for him. Unreal how much abuse they can take. Great value when you need them to last.
on July 10, 2017
The perfect color and ruggedness of material provides the armor you need for that tough day when it's all gone south and you're expecting a northern mild day. You can almost walk through fire and hold dragon eggs while wearing these.
on October 26, 2017
I love carharrt. I’m a 32 waist in every pant I own. Somehow I seriously need a 34. 33 is even snug it’s worth going bigger then getting charged by amazon to return an item. Btw AMAZON remove true to fit if you haven’t already. Otherwise great work pants
on May 22, 2017
Love my Carhardtts. Bought this pair to replace a pair that got caught in a fertilizer muncher.
2 helpful votes
on April 4, 2017
Really big legs with tighter waist than other pants with same sizing. Material was really stiff and would probably break in but I found these to be uncomfortable right off the bat so I'm returning them.
on March 7, 2017
quality pants. however, the last ones I received are 2 inches smaller in the waist. The labels show the same info as the previous ones I purchased, so I know they are the same, but for some reason are smaller in the waist. I had to return them.
0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.