Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Carhartt Men's Workwear Midweight Jersey Pocket Long-Sleeve T-Shirt K126
Amazon Vehicles Fall Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Florida Georgia Line Shop Now

on December 16, 2010
I purchased one of these to wear at work and liked it so much I bought four more. Extra long so it stays tucked in even when you are physically active. Heavyweight cotton. Just a great shirt. I even wear them at home, they are so comfortable.
on March 23, 2010
Hard to find a long sleeve T with a pocket, so I was willing to take what I could get. But this T is thick and soft, not like some of the cheaper ones you find. It was odd finding different prices for the colors, but that appears to be due to availability; some were only sold by certain sellers.
on June 10, 2010
This shirt is the best for hard working men. I'm a machinist, welder, and fabricator, and I need something that doesn't tear or come untucked during the workday. Like other reviewers have said, the sizing is quite generous, I wear a medium when I would normally wear a large regular tee shirt. The extra length tucks well into pants and doesn't bunch up. The pocket is deep and on the left side, where it doesn't interfere.
11 comment| 69 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 16, 2016
I am very disappointed with this shirt and am returning it without even bothering to try it on.

I own this exact shirt in this exact color that I have owned for several years. My older shirt is made of much heavier fabric than the new one I received today.

I read a number of other negative reviews here that mention the Haiti manufacturing facility as being the source of the poorly made shirts and low quality fabric. From what I learned today about the Ash color, XL, Carhartt Men's Workwear Midweight Jersey Pocket Long-Sleeve T-Shirt, I have to agree.

I purchased two of these shirts. One Ash and one Black. Both are inferior to the Ash colored XL that I currently own. I'll list the facts which confirm to me the poorer quality of the fabric in the new version.

My original Ash colored shirt- Made in Honduras | 99% cotton/ 1% polyester | Weighs 424gm/15oz
New Black colored shirt- Made in Guatemala | 100% cotton | Weighs 402gm/14.2oz is slightly larger and was weighed with tags and stickers still attached.
New Ash colored shirt- Made in Haiti | 99% cotton/ 1% polyester | Weighs 384gm/13.5oz is slightly larger and was weighed with tags and stickers still attached.

The fabric on the Ash/Haiti version was very coarse to the touch and practically see through when held up toward a light across the room and is immediately noticeably, thin.
The fabric on the Black/Guatemala version was ok, but not great and I hope it softens up in the wash. It blocked a fair amount of the light when held up but was still noticeably thinner than my older shirt.
My Ash/Honduras version is, obviously softer after years of washing, but blocks most of the light when held up and feels thick and substantial.

I am returning the Ash/Haiti version because it is such poor quality and had it been my first ever Carhartt shirt I would assume that the brand was over-hyped and made crappy workwear.

I will keep the Black/Guatemala version and wear it around for a while before deciding whether or not to keep it or send it back. Regardless, both of these shirts were a big let down and the quality is not what they used to be.

Both of the newer shirts ran larger than sized and even with all that additional fabric, as compared to my other shirt, still weighed in at 1-1.5 ounces lighter even including all the cardboard tags and stickers.

FYI: After many, many years buying from Amazon, this is the first review I've ever written. That should tell you something about how negatively I view this product; Carhartt Men's Workwear Midweight Jersey Pocket Long-Sleeve T-Shirt.
on May 24, 2010
Excellent value. My husband is a union welder and wears these shirts summer and winter. They are worth EVERY extra penny.
on January 9, 2007
The shirt was the perfect gift for my father-in-law. He loved it. He is an old farmer who freezes all the time. The shirt was a great gift. The product was in great condition and was the color and style I ordered.
on December 19, 2014
I bought this for my husband... He doesn't like it. The "Carhartt" inscription is not fixed in the middle of the pocket. And obviously the "Port" color is "ugly" .. I would not recommend this T shirt.
review image
on April 26, 2011
I ordered two of these Carhartt long sleeve shirts, one in "Ash" color, the other "Navy" blue, the shirts arrived and right away I notice the Ash shirt has that rough feel. The Ash is marked 99% cotton and made in Dominican Republic; the blue one is 100% cotton made in Honduras. The Ash shirt shrunk in the first wash so much the sleeves are too short to wear. The Blue shirt is fine quality shirt all around.
44 comments| 37 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 22, 2014
This is a thick, well made shirt. The army green color feels a little stiff. Notable for very long arms and long length overall. It did shrink somewhat in the wash. Small size fit my husband who is 5'9'' and approx 150 lbs, but he may have preferred the medium to have some extra room.
on July 6, 2015
Carhartt used to be the best in my opinion and justified the price. Now? the material is getting thinner, the longevity is getting shorter but the price is still the same? I think it's still the best work clothing comfort wise but with the changes in quality the gap between Carhartt and other brands may not be a gap anymore. Even the feel of the cotton has changed, it's starting to feel like Key, Haynes & fruit of the loom which I am not a fan of how those three brands feel. Thin, cheap and stretchy should not be premium priced.