Lyft Vehicles Review Oprah's Book Club Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Three new members of the Echo family Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Paperwhite Game of Thrones: The Complete Seasons 1-7 now available on Blu-ray and DVD Shop now TG18_gno

on November 15, 2014
Not soft. Comfortable. Really warm. Wind does not go through.
on March 3, 2010
I had originally ordered this jacket for a work jacket after receiving it and trying it on it became my nice jacket. Great product really warm and comfy Way to go carhartt. OH ya the sizes are right on with this jacket.
on June 3, 2012
Im a big guy so I bought this 3x tall jacket. It fits great and no one has to look at my butt crack when I bend over. It is a very warm jacket. It will make you sweat in temperatures above 60 degrees outside. Zip it up and you will sweat when its 50 outside. It has every bit of the quality you expect from carhart brand clothing.
22 comments| 12 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on January 8, 2012
I tried reading the reveiws on this jacket to try and find out how light this jacket is. Even went to a store to see what kind of jacket this might be and I was wrong. I was hoping it was a little bit thicker for colder temps, but after thinking it's actually good for the area I am in (Virginia), b/c it doesn't get that cold here. The price of this jacket, when I got it, was so cheap and I was able to get it in a tall size! I couldn't beat this deal! I work in construction and I will ALWAYS buy carhartt jackets b/c I have been for over 15 years and there is nothing better, NOTHING. Just know this is a heavy jacket but not the thickest one they make. Thank you Amazon!
on November 14, 2011
I have always loved Carhartt's clothing, still wear some of it regularly. This jacket fails to meet the traditional bill for the company.

MY first impression when trying the jacket on was that the arms were not proportionate to the torso - by a large margin. Also, the zipper was very hard to align and I encountered snags every which way, having to switch the alignment of the jacket a few different ways each time I zipped up. To add to the fact, the zipper was made of cheap plastic that would be very hard to replace as it is entwined into the outside elastic.

I haven't given up on the company. Tag shows it was still made in the USA. Still, not happy with the quality of this jacket.
on January 23, 2011
This was a good jacket for the price. I ordered a size up, and it seems to fit nicely with a little room to spare on hubby. The outside is a really heavy duck material, which is awesome for yucky job sites. It washed and dried well without shrinking noticeably. The inside has a thermal (think thermal under shirt) lining that's not particuarly impressive. There's no material between the coat shell and the thermal, so it's not insulated at all. But it'll work great protecting whatever my husband is wearing underneath from work funk, and that was the point! It does have a neat little interior pocket for a cellphone, which I thought was a nice touch.
on February 13, 2013
I remember growing up and seeing all kinds of people wearing these ugly looking jackets, I thought at the time. I could never appreciate Carhartt clothing, but lately I have been focusing on buying American-made only products and since I was in need of a jacket, I decided to try the black one. I received it, inspect it, and pulled on the material and I was really impressed with the quality of the material and how well it's made. I am very proud to be an owner of a Carhartt that was made in America by Americans. Thank you Carthartt for not outsourcing. You just won a fan.
on January 24, 2014
I have owned several of these jackets over the past 20yrs, in various styles and price ranges. I have been happy with them all. They are rugged and can take quite a beating. The material does not 'snag' on equipment like some materials do on work jackets. I get about 4-7 yrs out of a jacket and I use them everyday when it is cold and I use them for everything (hunting, fishing, construction, ATV and snowmobile riding, etc.) The only thing they are not good for is heavy rain use; but then they are not designed for that anyway. I always have a good one and a "beater" for really messy jobs. Great dependable jacket
on January 10, 2015
This jacket is my go-to as soon as fall hits. I wear it from October through Spring. It keeps me toasty in very cool weather, but at times I wish it were a bit larger so I could wear another layer under it. It truly is a workhorse - I've had it now for a few years and it looks brand new. When it gets dirty, I throw it in the washer and it looks like new. This is definitely the absolute best bet for your buck.
on December 25, 2009
This jacket is amazing! It's got the perfect combination of weight and warmth. It feels light, yet is nice and warm. It's also breathable so it feels cool when it's too warm. It's just awesome. Super glad i got this for christmas!
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.