Customer Reviews: Carhartt Men's Washed Twill Dungaree Relaxed Fit,Dark Khaki,32 x 34
Amazon Vehicles Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Electronics Holiday Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 New Professional Skin Care Cozy Knits STEM Book 2 or More Hours of House Cleaning on Amazon LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 All-New Kindle for Kids Edition Lady Gaga Shop Cycling on Amazon

Size: 32W x 34L|Color: Dark Khaki|Change

on May 9, 2012
The review title is cliche, but it really is appropriate here. I am a huge fan of Carhartt and their wonderfully durable clothing, especially their pants. Carhartt KNOWS their pants. I have them in every grade of thickness, from the heavy-duty 12 oz. dungarees to the duck double-front ones, to the lightweight canvas carpenter pants. Aside from formal wear, a few pairs of chinos, and hiking pants, I don't wear anything else.

These middleweight pants are the perfect compromise between work-ready durability and clothes you can wear around town, being of a narrower cut and lighter-weight fabric than Carhartt's iconic heavy duty pants which, while famously durable, are just intolerable in hot weather. The tool pockets and hammer loop are still there, but they're unobtrusive enough not to clash with an Oxford shirt and a sport coat. The one pair I've bought will by no means be my last.
on December 26, 2013
Carhartt usually runs big huh? usually a size up
Not these pants. the only way to fit these is to order 2 sizes up from your normal waist. For example i ordered a 32&32 (My usual size in jeans) but had to exchange them for a 34&32 for them to fit comfortably. Size in length was normal, waist is just tighter than expected. hassle to return but good quality pants, breathable, tough. Comfortable after sizing up

What to take away
on June 8, 2013
I first ran across these pants in Goodies in south Huntsville, AL. I normally wear 32x32 and sometimes those are big on me. The Carhartt's were tight. A 33x34 would have been perfect but they only come in 2" increments. The 34x32 is a little big but they still look good and not baggy. I wear these into the office and sometimes to church. Unless someone notices the hammer loop everyone assumes I'm wearing Dockers.

I plan on buying more.
on February 4, 2014
My husband loves these pants, so I ordered him a pair in the dark khaki. They came and fit him perfectly, so I ordered another in the green later that month. He opened the second pair and we threw them right into the wash without trying them on. They were so small on him! I ordered the exact same size, exact same pant and washed them the same way and they do not even fit him in a squeeze! The tag said they were the same size, but they are clearly different side to side! Great pants, just watch out for the maybe mislabeled pants before you wash them!
on September 18, 2013
I'm a field biologist and much of my work is conducted in various forests. I usually end up walking through some pretty thick vegetation that would rip through most other pants. I have been caught in heavy limbs, dense briars and even barbed wire fencing numerous times and they have yet to tear. I know that a lot of people think that Carhartt's materials are really thick which makes them heavy and hot, especially during the summer. Although some of their styles are, this particular style isn't the case. I've never thought that I was weighed down or too hot when I was out working in these pants. This is actually my third pair, with the other two still holding strong. It's definitely worth the investment.
on April 22, 2013
I liked the general look and feel of the pants, but they run too small. I usually wear a 33 waist, which gives me room to spare, but the Carhartt pant size 33 was tight - probably need a 34 or 35 in Carhartt Sizing. Try a pair on before ordering them.
on April 7, 2015
My husband is a Robotics Engineer, so he has to wear collared shirts and nice pants for meetings, yet be able to go out and get greasy on the floor fixing problems in the cells. He has been wearing the Carhartt Twills for 3 years now. These are the right amount of heavy duty, but not too heavy. They fit great, clean easily, and last a long time. As a matter of fact we have one in every color and he's worn them all for 2years. We had to replace this color because he snagged a big rip in them on a machine. He likes them because they fit like a comfortable pair of jeans vs dress pants.
on February 6, 2013
My local big-box store rarely has my size in stock.
It is way more convenient to just order from
Saves gas too.
I like everything about these pants except the hammer loop. A few minutes with a razor knife and the hammer loop is gone. I just held a metal spatula tight to the seam as a backer for the razer knife so I could get a close cut without damage. Now you can't tell the loop was ever there. They have been through several washings and all is good.
on February 18, 2016
These pants are very nice, I like the fit. I am 5'11", 175 Lbs and the 34W/32L size fits even though I normally wear a 32-33 waist. The length seems consistent with most other pants but the waist does seem to run a bit small. The overall fit is nice and loose, not baggy, just the way I like my pants to fit. Not as thick or "heavy" as typical jeans but not overly thin either. Kind of in the middle. I prefer thin and these are somewhat thin but I have thinner pants and would actually be fine if these were a bit thinner but that's just me. They can be worn with just about anything, even a sport coat for a very semi-formal or business casual gathering. They also look great with a t-shirt, tank or a nicely pressed Tommy Bahama shirt. The pant legs and crotch area are comfortably loose (not baggy) and they are wide enough at the bottom that they don't bunch up around your ankles. I hate that! People like that? These will "drape" over your shoes unlike the overly popular, annoying and ridiculous looking "skinny" pants that are so common nowadays. They ARE a bit "cargo-ish" but kind of tastefully so and NOT overloaded with goofy looking pockets like typical (juvenile) cargo pants. They seem a bit more suited for the "untucked shirt look" but I haven't tried them with a tucked shirt and a sport coat but I suspect it would look just fine with the right choice of shirt (and shoes)! I like the fit and the look and my wife approved and she usually disapproves of my attire selections. Also, the twill material is nice and "cottony" and is NOT a fuzz and pet hair magnet and I like that this material DOES NOT attract static cling like some pants do. I will probably buy a couple of other colors and these will be my "go to" casual pants for a couple of years until something else comes along and tickles my fancy.
on September 25, 2016
My husband is an Art Professor and teaches print making and other 2 dimensional art classes. He can dress business casual and could wear jeans but feels that they aren't very professional looking, and yet he doesn't want to wear slacks. We have bought him these Carhartt dungarees before and he absolutely loves them!

He loves the quality of the fabric--it's sturdy and thick like jeans can be, yet it's not too hot.
He love the pockets on the front, side and back. And, it's so hard for him to find pants that fit him as he's tall and slender--weighs 170, and is 6'2". Going to department stores is just futile. Department stores rarely have his size in stock, and looking for his size is like looking for a needle in a haystack.

These are awesome in every way. They're easy to wash and dry, and fold without any wrinkles. It would take more than 5 years of wearing these for the fabric to get threadbare.

He's reluctant to buy these for himself as he shops bargains, but everyone in the family now knows these are his favorites.

I highly recommend them!