Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Carhartt Men's W.B. Waterproof Windproof Insulated Work Glove
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports STEM

on February 27, 2012
I bought these gloves as a present for a friend who works on a horse farm. He is often unloading hay, feeding animals, mending fence, and handling horses in cold and rainy weather. He says that these are the best gloves that he has ever had. They are warm and waterproof. The fingers are flexible enough to get work done, but the construction is tough enough to stand up to grabbing the strings on 65 pound bale of coastal hay, cutting wire, carrying buckets, etc. There is even a "nose wipe" strip, which is gross but useful and comforting. He and I wear many Carhartt products, including jackets and shirts, both men's and women's styles, and find them practical and good quality.
0Comment| 99 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 17, 2011
Very nice pair of winter gloves. These are the warmest gloves I've owned in a long time. The quality seems top notch. I think they will do me well during these long Midwest winters! Do not hesitate to buy these. Highly recommended.
on January 5, 2012
I've just worn them once for 2.5 hours shoveling snow. The gloves protected my hands from the cold, were kept dry, and padded protecting from shovel hitting concrete cracks. CARHARTT QUALITY
on February 16, 2012
these gloves are great if your just keeping your hands warm or going snowboarding. Butt if your grabbing, lifting, pulling, or anything rough the seems start to tear. The synthetic materials they use just aren't up to rough use like leather is.
on February 6, 2014
I wanted warm, waterproof gloves that I can use to shovel snow and clean up in winter. My biggest problem with gloves has been that the melting snow and water seeps in and freezes. The description said these gloves are waterproof so I bought them. Before getting frost bite I did a simple test by putting it in water for 30 minutes. See uploaded picture. At the end of 30 minutes, gloves were filled with water.

They are nice and warm otherwise but I would not recommend for waterproof use. Get them if you just need to keep your hands warm.
review image
55 comments| 71 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 15, 2012
I have only worn them 5 times and they are coming apart. This is not up to the quality I have come to know from Carhartt.
on March 22, 2013
I own a lot of Carhartt clothing, jackets, and hats. I swear by there quality, durability and overall effectiveness against cold weather. This was my first pair of carhartt gloves. I was disappointed to say the least. I work outside for 10 to 12 hours a day in the cold, wet weather. This pair of gloves protect very well against wet weather, but fail against extreme cold. My hands were freezing about an hour into my first time wearing them at work. Any temperatures below 20 degrees, these gloves fail to protect. I would not recommend these gloves.
33 comments| 31 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 8, 2013
These gloves would be warm enough if you were simply walking around. Unfortunately I got these gloves because I am confined to riding a scooter, even in the winter. At 50 degrees, going only 35-40 MPH, my hands were still freezing. These work better than my other gloves, which is why the 4 star rating and "okay" applies, but these are definitely not riding gloves for winter. At best it keeps you warm for 10-15 minutes of riding, and then you're going to be freezing.

Most likely, I will have to also buy thermal inserts. These are thick, and surprisingly windproof, but not thick enough to insulate at frigid temperatures. There is also a matter of dexterity: You absolutely cannot do fine movements, like picking keys out of your pocket or removing a helmet, with these gloves on. Some reviews indicate they have exceptional dexterity, and this is simply not the case, which is why I mention it. You will NOT get good dexterity out of thick gloves regardless of what brand you buy: The warmer they are, the thicker they are, and the less able you are to move your fingers.

For you fellow riders out there, these are sufficiently dexterous enough to easily throttle and apply hand brakes, but for everything else you will definitely have to take them off. These gloves are not exceptional, they're simply mediocre to the task. Being that I grew up in the frigid frozen Norths I definitely know gloves, and these are mediocre. I would not recommend for people in Minnesota, or Dakotas, for example, except for short duration.

I still give it four stars, because I cannot really blame them for my specialized need. I am simply writing a thorough review for those with a similar need, or those from the frigid North.
on March 11, 2012
There are two reasons why these aren't work gloves. The first reason is the fabric on the finger tips is too loose to pick up bolts and thread them back in. The second reason, I was playing with my mom's german shepard and she lightly bit the glove and a seam opened up. If it is a work glove, it should be made a little tougher than a normal glove. As a winter glove, they are warm.
on January 25, 2014
Worth noting -- and helpful. I ordered two pairs of Carhartt gloves, both came with tags indicating their level of warmth. The other pair was labelled "warmer" and this pair was labelled "warmest." I kept these and the others went back.

An attractive glove whose main purpose is warmth. They're puffier, they have elastic, a nylon pull st the wrist and a velcro closure flap at the gauntlet to seal you in. They're windproof and waterproof. They're going to do great on the coldest days of the year.

The puffiness is not overly stated, is great for insulation and fine for working with levers, hammers, screwdrivers, pliers, shovels, doorknobs, car handles, steering wheels and the like, but not for operating a phone, picking up bolts or pushing small buttons. That's the trade-off for a warm glove. I'm OK with that, and plan on using these on the coldest days, and lighter gloves on warmer days.

Remember that a puffy jacket is warmer than a thin jacket, and the same goes for gloves.