Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Eco Complete Planted Black Aquarium Substrate
& FREE Shipping on orders over $25.
Get free shipping
Free 5-8 business-day shipping within the U.S. when you order $25 of eligible items sold or fulfilled by Amazon.
Or get 4-5 business-day shipping on this item for $13.78. (Prices may vary for AK and HI.)Learn more about free shipping
- Complete substrate for freshwater planted aquariums
- Contains major and minor trace elements to nourish aquarium plants
- Substrate encourages healthy plant root growth
Unlock 5% savings on this product when you subscribe to 5 or more products that arrive in the same month. Skip or cancel any time, and shipping is FREE. Learn more
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
New formula for enhanced root development. Why does Eco-Complete planted aquarium substrate outperform other products? For the same reason that Hawaii, Bali and Costa Rica are famous for lush, exuberant plant growth. The secret lies in rich basaltic volcanic soil which contains iron, calcium, magnesium, potassium, sulfur plus over 25 other elements to nourish your aquatic plants. Eco-Complete Planted Aquarium Substrate is mineralogically and biologically complete, giving you luxuriant aquatic plant growth without nuisance algae. Iron rich Eco-Complete eliminates the need for laterite. No artificial dyes, paints, or chemical coatings. Eco-Complete has highly porous spherical grains for optimum diffusion performance and contains live Heterotrophic bacteria to rapidly convert fish waste into natural food for your aquatic plants. It establishes a natural biological balance which makes cycling a new aquarium faster and safer.
Size: 20 Pound | Color: black
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Compare to similar items
This item CaribSea Eco-Complete 20-Pound Planted Aquarium, Black
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||$8.00||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Relaxbuty||Aqua Forest Aquarium||SubstrateSource||Amazon.com|
Top customer reviews
As noted by the product, this is not your "normal" gravel. It comes in a bag partially filled with water. It does not need to be rinsed. Just put it right in your tank.
I got this stuff for 3 reasons, which are:
1) I planned to get, which since then I have, some nerite snails, dwarf shrimp, and some friendly bottom swimmers, and I figured smaller grain would better for those types of fish.
2) Most tanks have the "normal" gravel, and quite frankly I wanted something a little different. And I couldn't be happier. I really like the look of this stuff. Some of the smaller, almost sand size, particles have a nice gloss so there's almost a little bit of a glitter to it. Not crazy or anything, but just enough to give it kind of a cool look.
3) I wanted to experiment with live plants. I was sick of the artificial plastic plant décor, and when I was searching for a good substrate I stumbled upon this stuff. And the live plants I've purchased so far seem to be doing pretty good. And they stayed put with relatively little effort.
All said and done I'm very happy with the purchase, and I'm so glad I took a shot. I will never buy "normal" gravel again.
1) Dark almost black appearance. If you want that look this is the substrate for you. It wont fade like the painted gravel.
2) CEC- basically it absorbs nutrients and your plants take the nutrients from the rocks (in a nutshell)
3) no cleaning of the rocks- open the bag, pour it in your tank, no rinsing, no mess....plug and play
4) fish safe- I am a cory cat fish nut, and I hear people say it will cut their barbels... that is an urban legend. this is my 3rd tank I am using this on, all of my cories have long nice healthy barbels.
5) Easy to plant, grab my tongs/tweezers and push plant into place.
6) Cheap- cheaper than Aqua soil or fluval or whatever. 20 pounds of clown puke (colored gravel) is the same price.
7) I can push my plant tabs in the substrate with ease. I do the home made osmocote plus (which I bought from amazon)
8)Stable- it won't break down like aquasoil will, wont raise ph, ammonia etc....
With the money I save I can buy some plants or some fish.
1. Plants seem to enjoy it.
2. Easy to plant into and holds in place very well.
3. Not jagged unlike other brands that could be harmful to cory's or loaches.
4. Speeds up cycling of tank, and if you are impatient like me, that is a very good thing.
5. Zero rinsing needed. Did not cause any cloudiness in my 90 gallon tank.
1. SMELLS TERRIBLE OUT OF BAG. I believe "burnt tire mixed with chocolate" is appropriate. Needless to say, it was a bizarre smell that I don't care to whiff again. That said, once in water you don't smell it at all.