Carla D. Bass
Similar authors to follow
Manage your follows
About Carla D. Bass
Colonel Carla D. Bass, USAF (Ret), empowers others to achieve goals -- personal and professional -- through persuasive communication based on her book "Write to Influence!" This stand-out book won eight national-level awards and is now in its second edition with 70 additional pages incorporating material developed for her many, highly acclaimed workshops. Choose "Write to Influence!" if you want to:
• Land that dream job … Craft a stellar resume
• Score a big promotion … Nail input to performance reviews
• Secure contracts and grants … Write winning proposals
• Stimulate new business … Project a potent web presence and marketing materials
• Open academic doors … Ace the college application essay
Government agencies, corporations, private businesses, NGOs, and individuals benefit from Carla's engaging presentations and private coaching. Her battle cries are twofold:1) “Powerful writing changes lives” and 2) “Powerful writing is the lifeblood of effective organizations”
The goal -- make each word count and every second of the reader's time play to your advantage. The secret -- Strategize your message and replace bureaucratic blather with text that is clear, concise, and compelling.
What others say:
• Your "Write to Influence!" training … led to increased professional advancement opportunities for countless numbers of service members. -- Lt. Gen. Dana T. Atkins, USAF (Ret), President and CEO, Military Officers of America Association (MOAA)
• This book should be in every professional's library. I heartily recommend Write to Influence! -- Baba Zipkin, Former Senior Counsel, IBM
• Write to Influence! will be my go-to-guide for many years to come and is now a must-read reference for all my employees. – Rick Mix, President and CEO, Cleared Solutions Inc.
• Write to Influence! is a gem! Anyone interested in powerful, super-charged writing will appreciate this clear discussion of how to produce attention-grabbing pieces – D. Donovan, Senior Reviewer, Midwest Book Review
Throughout her 45-year career (30 in the Air Force and 15 with a federal agency), she composed items sent to Congress, the White House, generals, and ambassadors; hundreds of performance reviews; award nominations; and budget justifications.
As a squadron commander, Carla transformed her 480-person unit from the most losing in state-wide, professional awards into the one to beat. She developed her writing methodology and taught her troops to write. So successful was her program, she taught thousands of Air Force members for the next 15 years.
Carla has been featured on five live TV interviews (e.g., "Great Day Washington" and "Good Morning Washington") and radio interviews (e.g. Federal News Network) and has written articles published in national-level magazines and on-line venues on business-related topics.
Need help? Contact Carla@WriteToInfluence.Net or 540-364-2946. More into at www.WriteToInfluence.net
Customers Also Bought Items By
Titles By Carla D. Bass
Winner of eight national-level awards:
- 2020 eLit Book Awards – Gold Medal: Education/Academic/Teaching
- 2020 Best Book Award – Finalist: Business: Communications/Public Relations
- 2020 Best Book Award – Finalist: Business: Marketing & Advertising
- 2020 Reader’s Favorite Award – Honorable Mention: Marketing
- 2018 eLit Book Awards – Bronze Medal: Business/Careers/Sales
- 2017 Next Generation Indie Book Awards – Finalist: Careers
- 2017 Best Book Award – Finalist: Careers
- 2017 Reader’s Favorite Award – Honorable Mention: Occupation
The second edition includes 70 new pages, incorporating material from Carla’s highly acclaimed workshops given to government agencies, corporations, private businesses, NGOs, and academia. It also contains 200 exercises (with answers) to test your skills and an analysis for each to observe the transformation!
What readers say:
- Your Write to Influence! training … led to increased professional advancement opportunities for countless numbers of service members. -- Lt. Gen. Dana T. Atkins, USAF (Ret), President and CEO, Military Officers of America Association (MOAA)
- This book should be in every professional's library. I heartily recommend Write to Influence! -- Baba Zipkin, Former Senior Counsel, IBM
- This helped me pass my college classes! Write to Influence! is an amazing source to improve your writing and earn higher grades! 10/10 recommend! -- Emily, Amazon Reviewer
- Craft a stellar resume … to land that dream job
- Nail input to performance reviews … to score a big promotion
- Write winning proposals … to secure contracts and grants
- Project a web presence … to stimulate new business
- Ace the college application essay … to open academic doors
Don’t take my word! Here are more testimonials!
- Write to Influence! will be my go-to-guide for many years to come and is now a must-read reference for all my employees. – Rick Mix, President and CEO, Cleared Solutions Inc.
- This book has been a game-charger for my professional life. Carla’s no-fuss, conversational voice made improving my writing skills easy to understand and implement! – Ashley Bernardi, Founder and Director of Media Relations, Nardi Media