Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Carlson Pet Products Carlson Extension Kit for Extra Tall Pet Gate
|Price:||$48.99 & FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details|
|You Save:||$26.00 (35%)|
- Lets small pets pass through, while keeping everyone else out
- Sturdy lead-free, non-toxic, chew proof all-steel construction
- Easy 1-touch release handle Quick, easy setup
- 41" H x 29-34" W Pet door is 10" H x 7" W
- Includes a 6-inch extension to create a 40-inch expansion
- Sturdy lead-free, non-toxic, chewproof all-steel construction
- Easy 1-touch release handle
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
An essential tool for homes with pets, the Carlson Extra-Tall Walk-Through Pet Gate is a convenient, chew-proof way to contain and protect both your pet and home. Made of steel, the 41-inch-tall gate is designed with a pressure-mount system for easy installation and is ideal for extra-wide openings. The #0941PW expands from 29”- 40” and that includes only one 6” extension.. The walk-through design features a one-touch release handle so you can easily pass even while carrying things. A 10-by-7-inch pet door lets small animals pass through while everyone else stays put.
Sturdy Steel Construction with Secure Pressure Mounts
This Carlson pet gate boasts 100 percent steel construction for durability and strength, keeping your pet safely confined within your house. The gate installs quickly with four pressure mounts that are individually adjustable to provide a stable, secure fit.
Elevated Height and Small Door for Accessibility
At 41 inches tall, this is an ideal gate for large pets or pets that like to jump. For convenience, a little door on the bottom opens to allow small pets, such as cats or little dogs to pass through the gate while keeping larger pets where you want them.
Convenient Walk-Through Design
The gate features a convenient design that allows adults to walk through with a simple lift of the lever-style handle that includes a safety-locking feature. The motion requires only one hand, making it easy to operate while carrying items or holding back an eager pet. Prevent your pets from wandering into areas in your house where they can make a mess or get hurt.
Expandable for Custom Fit in Doorways and Staircases
With a 6-inch extension kit, this gate is able to fit openings between 29 and 40 inches wide, in increments. The sturdy gate is ideal for doorways and hall openings, and when used with the four included wall cups, it can be installed at the top of stairs.
Carlson makes it easy to keep your home safe and comfortable for all the members of your family. The company has designed a comprehensive line of gates, crates, play yards and pet beds designed specifically for your pet, with all-steel construction, lead-free and nontoxic materials, and chew-proof durability. Instead of re purposing baby gates, Carlson has created a solution that suits all breeds and all lifestyles.
What's in the Box
Pet gate, four threaded spindle rods, four adjustable hand wheels, four wall cups, four screws, 6-inch extension,and instruction manual.
Compare to Similar Items
This item: Carlson 0941PW Extra-Tall Walk-Thru Gate with Pet Door, White
Carlson Extra Tall Metal Expandable Pet Gate B0089HDZYO
Carlson Extra-Tall Maxi Pet Gate B001BS43SU
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Color||White||Information not provided||off-white||Gray|
|Dimensions||41 inches x 30 inches x 2 inches||31.89 inches x 41.73 inches x 0.98 inches||38 inches x 30 inches x 2 inches||32 inches x 37.5 inches x 1 inches|
|Item Weight||16 pounds||10 pounds||18 pounds||18.24 pounds|
|Size||Tall||32 x 29-50 inch||38 x 37-60 inch||-1|
Please help us improve this feature. Tell us what you think of this feature.
Top Customer Reviews
As you can see in my picture, he was able to pry it open by first grabbing on with his mouth and then sticking his nose through and prying it open (I have the whole thing on video). When I got home I found that the latch was still perfectly secure as were the 4 wall mounts (the gate was very stable). The door itself is now permenantly bent.
It was so close to being the perfect gate, but that is a major design flaw that cannot be overlooked. It would be even easier to escape if the gate opened away from the enclosed pet (like in the product picture) because all they would have to do is push on that corner and squeeze through (which may be a safety concern if they got stuck!)
My only concern is that if you brace the gate in the doorway with tension as tightly as you'd like, the door won't open - basically the tension pinches the gate sides against the person-door - and I don't really see a way around that, design-wise. So our gate is in place with a little less tension than we would like since it's meant to keep a big dog contained, but they do provide you with holders that you would have to screw into the doorways to hold the gate in place, which we plan on doing if our dog figures out that she could probably get the gate out of the doorway if she put in a little effort.
It also comes with an extension for wider doorways, which we didn't need - think you can buy a height extender, for extra big dogs as well. Another note is that there's a bar across the bottom, so you need to step over that, which I don't consider to be an issue. Lastly, I like the gate latch in that it has a little spring-lock mechanism which is kind of nice - mostly we don't latch it all the way to trigger that - we just shut-and-latch rather than triggering the lock - the spring-lock has however, confused some of our slower friends.
Oh - one more thing! This gate is not built for big people! I was surprised by how narrow the person-door is! If you look at the photo you can probably see that it's not very roomy - I guess we'd need to take it down if a larger person came over...?
All things considered, I still think that this gate is the best combination of necessary elements, including price, and that there are work-arounds for its lesser-features. I'd recommend.
1. The red stopper that holds the handle in place is laughable. It slides very simply and my dog even looked at me as if saying "lol, that's cute."
2. The cat door with knob that requires it to be pulled out before the door will open. Now this took her a few days, but alas, a 55lb dog will squeeze her body through that little hole and make you question every single bit of math you've learned throughout life and debunk the saying that you can't fit ten gallons of water in a five gallon bucket. Electrical tape will only work for a short period of time before your dog decides it would make a good snack and requires it being held shut with 5 industrial zip ties.
3. With enough pressure, the bottom of the gate can be pushed out enough for a highly determined dog to escape. The use of a vice grip is suggested, but only has about a 72% success rate, especially if not applied at an exact 62° angle.
4. You may think a combined use of a cable wire bike lock with four digit combo lock would solve that problem. Well, you'd be right. For all of 20 minutes.
5. You must be thinking that with all of these combined measures that surely an animal that that spends her recreational time eating cat crap snacks and chases her own tail wouldn't be able to figure out pressure mounted pressure points and the plastic threaded caps that hold it in place. You would be very wrong.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
We purchased this gate to keep our two younger med-large dogs from getting into the back areas (bedrooms) of our house. In this role, it functions pretty well. Read morePublished 2 days ago by Matthew Huntley
These gates were purchase to keep a baby from crawling and once walking from going into parts of the house forbidden for safety sake. Read morePublished 3 days ago by Wilma
Love this item works perfect. Was worried our cat would not go through the gate (or fit) but she loves it! Would recommend.Published 3 days ago by Michelle
Frankly, I don't know why I had to purchase this as the literature for the Carlson gate says the gate fits a wide range of widths (including my opening) and included two extension... Read morePublished 4 days ago by Thomas P.I.Goddard
This is not an ideal gate for Cats. I bought this extra tall gate for my cat because she can jump over smaller gates, but my cat can easily squeeze through the bars on this gate. Read morePublished 8 days ago by Daniel S.