Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Carlson Extra Tall Pet Gate, with small pet door" and save 43% off the $74.99 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Carlson Extra Tall Pet Gate, with small pet door
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Expands from 29 to 34 inches. Add the included 6-inch extension and expand your gate to 37 inches to cover wide openings and stairways
- Stands 36 inches tall
- Easy 1-touch release handle Quick, easy setup
- Patented Small Pet Door. Lets small pets pass through, while keeping everyone else out
- Sturdy lead-free, non-toxic, chewproof all-steel construction
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
Carlson Pet Products Extra Tall Metal Gate At 36 inches tall, the added height makes this gate just right for large pets and pets that like to jump. Expands from 29 to 34 inches wide. Add the included 6-inch extension and expand your gate to 37 inches wide. Convenient walk-through design has an easy, one-touch release handle. Patented pet door is 10 inches by 7 inches to let small pets pass through, while everyone else stays put. Pressure mount system makes set-up quick and easy.• Pressure mount system makes set-up quick and easy. • All-steel construction is sturdy, durable, lead-free, non-toxic and chew-proof Specifications: • 36” H x 29-34” W• Includes a 6-inch extension to create a 37-inch expansion• Pet door is 10” H x 7” W• White
An essential tool for homes with pets, the Carlson Extra-Tall Walk-Through Pet Gate is a convenient, chew-proof way to contain and protect both your pet and home. Made of steel, the 41-inch-tall gate is designed with a pressure-mount system for easy installation and is ideal for extra-wide openings. The #0941PW expands from 29”- 40” and that includes only one 6” extension.. The walk-through design features a one-touch release handle so you can easily pass even while carrying things. A 10-by-7-inch pet door lets small animals pass through while everyone else stays put.
Sturdy Steel Construction with Secure Pressure Mounts
This Carlson pet gate boasts 100 percent steel construction for durability and strength, keeping your pet safely confined within your house. The gate installs quickly with four pressure mounts that are individually adjustable to provide a stable, secure fit.
Elevated Height and Small Door for Accessibility
At 41 inches tall, this is an ideal gate for large pets or pets that like to jump. For convenience, a little door on the bottom opens to allow small pets, such as cats or little dogs to pass through the gate while keeping larger pets where you want them.
Convenient Walk-Through Design
The gate features a convenient design that allows adults to walk through with a simple lift of the lever-style handle that includes a safety-locking feature. The motion requires only one hand, making it easy to operate while carrying items or holding back an eager pet. Prevent your pets from wandering into areas in your house where they can make a mess or get hurt.
Expandable for Custom Fit in Doorways and Staircases
With a 6-inch extension kit, this gate is able to fit openings between 29 and 40 inches wide, in increments. The sturdy gate is ideal for doorways and hall openings, and when used with the four included wall cups, it can be installed at the top of stairs.
Carlson makes it easy to keep your home safe and comfortable for all the members of your family. The company has designed a comprehensive line of gates, crates, play yards and pet beds designed specifically for your pet, with all-steel construction, lead-free and nontoxic materials, and chew-proof durability. Instead of re purposing baby gates, Carlson has created a solution that suits all breeds and all lifestyles.
What's in the Box
Pet gate, four threaded spindle rods, four adjustable hand wheels, four wall cups, four screws, 6-inch extension,and instruction manual.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
1. The red stopper that holds the handle in place is laughable. It slides very simply and my dog even looked at me as if saying "lol, that's cute."
2. The cat door with knob that requires it to be pulled out before the door will open. Now this took her a few days, but alas, a 55lb dog will squeeze her body through that little hole and make you question every single bit of math you've learned throughout life and debunk the saying that you can't fit ten gallons of water in a five gallon bucket. Electrical tape will only work for a short period of time before your dog decides it would make a good snack and requires it being held shut with 5 industrial zip ties.
3. With enough pressure, the bottom of the gate can be pushed out enough for a highly determined dog to escape. The use of a vice grip is suggested, but only has about a 72% success rate, especially if not applied at an exact 62° angle.
4. You may think a combined use of a cable wire bike lock with four digit combo lock would solve that problem. Well, you'd be right. For all of 20 minutes.
5. You must be thinking that with all of these combined measures that surely an animal that that spends her recreational time eating cat crap snacks and chases her own tail wouldn't be able to figure out pressure mounted pressure points and the plastic threaded caps that hold it in place. You would be very wrong.
Any of the following may result in your dog eating three comforters, a book, multiple towels, a box of Kleenex, paint rollers, two sets of blinds, three dog beds, a few shoes, and a hospital equipment manual for your new job. If your dog is in the habit of doing any of the above, please save your money and just pay for the exorcism up front.
As you can see in my picture, he was able to pry it open by first grabbing on with his mouth and then sticking his nose through and prying it open (I have the whole thing on video). When I got home I found that the latch was still perfectly secure as were the 4 wall mounts (the gate was very stable). The door itself is now permenantly bent.
It was so close to being the perfect gate, but that is a major design flaw that cannot be overlooked. It would be even easier to escape if the gate opened away from the enclosed pet (like in the product picture) because all they would have to do is push on that corner and squeeze through (which may be a safety concern if they got stuck!)
The gate opens easily as does the small 'cat' door in the bigger door. The only thing I'd caution you on is that the gate handle doesn't seem to catch when you take it out of the box, there's a note on it, it's supposed to be that way. As you screw the sides against the wall, it slowly pushes the gap closed. The problem here is that you can screw it too far so the gate won't open. I'd adjusted it to where it felt secure against the wall, where it wasn't going to slide but then I couldn't open the gate so I had to back it off some. When I did that, it just didn't seem as secure against the wall, I could push it around. Now, for me, I'm just trapping some kittens in the back room until my current cat & the new kitties get used to the sight and smell of each other so I don't think a couple of 3-4 lb kitties are going to be able to move the gate. But, if you have a larger animal like a dog who is determined, they will be able to move it.
As a side note, the gaps between the rails will not keep kittens or small cats back. I'd planned on having to do something for the kittens but once I had the gate up, my full grown but smallish cat just squeezed herself right on through. Once I zip tied the netting for keeping kids safe on balconies or banisters, all animals were safely trapped on their side of the gate.