The Carol Burnett Show: The Final Show
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
SAYING SO LONG TO A BELOVED TV CLASSIC… IT’S CAROL BURNETT’S FINAL SHOW
On September 11, 1967, Carol Burnett and her madcap cast took to the airwaves on CBS for a new variety series that combined sketch comedy, singing and dancing. Little did they know that The Carol Burnett Show would become an Emmy Award–winning program and survive the changing tastes of TV audiences to last eleven delightful seasons.
But, on March 29, 1978, the curtain came down for good. THE FINAL SHOW, billed as A Special Evening with Carol Burnett, takes a two-hour stroll through the show’s glory days. Carol, Vicki Lawrence and Tim Conway present a video scrapbook of unforgettable moments from their routines and movie spoofs:
- Tim’s first sketch playing a beleaguered news broadcaster
- Snippets from Carol’s duets with Ella Fitzgerald, Bing Crosby, Ray Charles, and others
- Mr. Tudball and Mrs. Wiggins along with Eunice and Mama Harper from “The Family” bow out with their pride and wigs intact.
- Tim springs a surprise guest on Carol who blows her mind.
Entertainers loved Carol and she passed it on to her fans. The love was never more heartfelt than in this long goodbye. This DVD features the entertaining final episode, as it originally aired on television, and showcases some of the most acclaimed and beloved moments from The Carol Burnett Show, including:
- All-new installments of classic long-running sketches “Mrs. Wiggins,” “The Family” and “Charwoman”—including Eunice’s visit to a therapist
- Television and movie parodies Cobumble, The African Queen, The Murderer Always Rings Twice and The Doily Sisters
- Hilarious outtakes including Harvey Korman as Mother Marcus
- Guest stars Liza Minnelli, Perry Como, Rock Hudson, Burt Reynolds, James Stewart, Bob Hope, Dick Van Dyke, Rita Hayworth, Carl Reiner and many more!
- Exclusive bonus features including the newly produced featurette The End of 11 Years: Saying So Long and an interview with Carol discussing her final episode.
- High-profile visibility surrounding the 50th Anniversary of The Carol Burnett Show:
- 2-hour special on CBS this autumn commemorating the 50th Anniversary of The Carol Burnett Show!
- Burnett will continue her live, national tour of her show Carol Burnett: An Evening with of Laughter & Reflection.
- Carol Burnett is returning to TV this fall to star in a new ABC comedy Household Name by executive producer Amy Poehler.
- National Appearances: Carol will appear live on many TV and radio shows, plus new print features, during street week.
- First time ever on DVD – this is the crown jewel, the end of the era for the iconic series!
- DRTV Exposure:
- New The Best of the Carol Burnett Show infomercial launched in April of 2017.
- National cable and network airings ramping up in Q4, with targeted media spending of over $200k per week starting in October.
- Over $35 million in DRTV spending to date.
- Proven Winner: Over 4 million DVDs already sold!
- Carol Burnett won the prestigious 2013 Mark Twain Prize for American Humor.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
In 2017, fifty years after the first show, she brought back many of the people who were on the show who were still alive and able to come. The two-hour show showed clips from the eleven years, but this took only about half the show. The rest of the time, she spoke to actors and comedians who had appeared on her show. It is well-worth seeing, as is this last show when she was surprised by the appearance of James Stuart.
There's a BEST OF HARVEY KORMAN pre-order, also, in my saved-basket!
The best variety show CBS ever had!
Remember that A-N-Y release of A=N=Y, popular Variety Show [Sony & Cher;
Smothers Brothers; Mac Davis; Shindig; Tom Jones; Johnny Cash; Jim Nabors;
Helen Reddy; Ed Sullivan; Dean Martin; Glenn Campbell; The Tonight Show; etc.,
ALWAYS suffer from copyright laws and restrictions. The financial aspect has af-
fected television shows from the beginning of---I can't help saying it---RECORDED