|Additional DVD options||Edition||Discs||
|New from||Used from|
|Watch Instantly with||Rent||Buy|
This item is available because of the Add-on program
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Based on the best-selling Stephen King novel, Carrie "catches the mind, shakes it and refuses to let it go" (Time)! Starring Sissy Spacek and Piper Laurie (in OscarÂ(r)-nominated* performances), John Travolta and Amy Irving, this ultimate revenge fantasy is "absolutely spellbinding" (Roger Ebert), "outrageously witty" (Los Angeles Times) and one of the all-time great horror classics! At the center of the terror is Carrie (Spacek), a tortured high-school misfit with no confidence, no friends...and no idea about the extent of her secret powers of telekinesis. But when her psychotic mother and sadistic classmates finally go too far, the once-shy teen becomes an unrestrained, vengeance-seeking powerhouse who, with the help of her 'special gift,' causes all hell to break loose in a famed cinematic frenzy of blood, fire and brimstone! *1976: Spacek, Actress; Laurie, Supporting Actress
- Photo Gallery
- "Acting Carrie" 45 min. documentary
- "Visualizing Carrie" 45 min. documentary
- Stephen King and the writing of "Carrie"
- "Carrie: The Musical" featurette with Betty Buckley and L.D. Cohen
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
This is a two-disc set, with Disc 1 containing the film, plus the trailers for all four "Carrie" movies (the original 1976 version, the 2000 sequel, the 2002 TV version and the 2013 remake). Disc 2 is where all of the bonus features are included. What you get are the following:
- New interviews with Lawrence D. Cohen (Writer), Paul Hirsch (Editor), cast members Piper Laurie, Nancy Allen, William Katt, P.J. Soles, Betty Buckley and Edie McClurg, Harriet B. Helberg (Casting Director), Mario Tosi (Director of Photography), and Pino Donaggio (Composer). These interviews are relatively interesting, and really show how the film came together.
- A 10-minute segment called "Horror's Hallowed Grounds", which goes back to the film's original shooting locations. It's kind of interesting to see how things have changed (or not) in 40 years, but the guy hosting the segment is a bit grating on the nerves. At the end, you see outtakes of him doing the segment, and he can't even remember the actors or character names in the film.
- TV Spots (About 6 of them)
- Radio Spots (2 of them)
- Still Gallery (Lobby cards, posters, etc.)
- Rare Behind-the-Scenes Photos
The remainder of the bonus features were ported over from the previous DVD and Blu-Ray releases, which include:
- Acting Carrie: Interviews with Sissy Spacek, Amy Irving, Betty Buckley, Nancy Allen, William Katt, Piper Laurie, Priscilla Pointer, P.J. Soles, Jack Fisk (Art Director) and Brian DePalma (Director)
- Visualizing Carrie: Interviews with Brian DePalma, Jack Fisk, Lawrence D. Cohen & Paul Hirsch
- A Look at "Carrie: The Musical"
- Stephen King & the Evolution of "Carrie" (Text Gallery)
As for packaging, the standard edition comes with a slipcase with new artwork depicting Carrie walking away from the burning school with a car bearing down on her. There is also reversible cover art, which gives you the option of either using the new artwork or the flip side, which is the original poster art. There was also a limited deluxe edition with an additional slipcase with alternate artwork (the one I prefer), as well as two posters showing the new artwork.
Overall, another great release from Shout! Factory, who consistently release quality products and put the extra effort into their releases that many other companies won't. Again, if I had to make a suggestion on which copy of the film to purchase (no matter what format), this is the one I recommend. This is by far the best the film has ever looked.
And of course, Scream! Factory has done it's usual fantastic job of Restoring the film quality. Plus packing it full of extras that any fan will love.
This is an overall AWESOME edition of Carrie
Most recent customer reviews
Well so far I have to say that the 70's seem to have horror down.Read more