+ $3.99 shipping
& FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details
About the Product
- Exciting aircraft carrier operations with new military equipment
- 3 new aircraft carriers and 3 mighty fighter aircraft
- 5 great missions and 6 open-ended mini training missions
- Authentic deck operations with AI traffic on and above the carrier
- Super-accurate launch and recovery using 3WireX technology
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
For this add-on you'll have new military equipment:
- USS Bonhomme Richard
- French Charles de Gaulle
- British HMS Illustrious
- F-35C Lightning II Joint Strike Fighter
- AV-8B II Plus Harrier
- Rafale M
- FSX - moving carrier - you'll take off and land from a moving surface
- FSX - super-accurate launch and recovery using 3WireX technology
- FSX - five great missions and six open-ended mini training missions
- FSX - maverick missile
- Aircraft Carriers - USS Bonhomme Richard, HMS Illustrious, Charles de Gaulle
With five previous releases of our world-renown Flight Deck Series we have the know-how and experience to bring you the excitement of aircraft carrier-based flight.
* Moving carrier, catapult/recovery operations using 3WireX, missions and mini-missions available for FSX only; Static carrier, simplified catapult/recovery operations, and 200 pre-saved flights for FS2004.
It's launch time on the Charles de Gaulle.
Taxi into position over the catapult. The launch team connects you. The steam is flowing and the catapult armed.
Shove the throttles forward. Release the brakes. The catapult slams you to the back of your seat.
Returning to the Charles de Gaulle, you'll descend, fly past the carrier, turn a quick base, and lower your flaps.
Quickly lose some speed and then turn final to line up with the deck.
Drop your gear and tailhook. Don't lose too much height. The LSO gives you the green. Hold steady. Over the edge hit the deck and give it full power.
Exciting Carrier Missions:
Fly these exciting FSX missions
All missions are top quality--just like our highly regarded Mission Series (Mission: Blackhawk and Mission: Combat Force) and Flight Deck 5 add-ons. They feature exciting action and narration.
- Mig Crisis: you're on maneuvers in F-35 in the north pacific with the carrier task force when a new break-away rouge state claims territorial waters of your route and sends out 4 Mig aircraft towards the carriers.
- Mig Thunder 1: the Charles de Gaulle carrier is under attack by four unidentified Mig aircraft off of South America.
- Mig Thunder 2: the Charles de Gaulle carrier is under attack by four unidentified Mig aircraft off in the Mediterranean.
- Mig Thunder 3: the Charles de Gaulle carrier is under attack by four unidentified Mig aircraft off of a desert coast of Africa.
- Joint Mission Training: fly the F-35 on maneuvers from the Charles de Gaulle alongside the UK HMS Illustrious and the USS Bonehomme Richard.
- HMS Illustrious Training: joint practice naval amphibious operations with the US navy and Marines at Cape Wrath bombing range.
- Charles De Gaulle operations in Hawaii
- Charles De Gaulle operations in Indian Ocean
- Charles De Gaulle operations in Philippines
- Charles De Gaulle operations in Suez Cana
- HMS Illustrious operations in New Orleans
- HMS Illustrious operations in the Panama Canal
You can also use the HUD display to guide you on your missions.
Launch and recovery: simplified operation of catapults and cables with steam and sound effects
Aircraft: HUD, tail hook, folding wings, cowl flaps, afterburners, cargo door
Aircraft carrier: navaids, AFD, AI traffic, wake effects
The carriers are positioned near these locations:
- North Pacific
- South America coast
- Africa coast
- Indian Ocean
- Suez Canal
- Panama Canal
Top Customer Reviews
Look at the name of who made this sim add-on(((Abacus)))and stay away from all other abacus products.If all the aircraft cockpits are this bad do not waste your money.Microsoft must not have run this add-on or they would have stopped it's release for flight sim x because it is that bad.It runs fine as far as running goes but thats it.You have to see it for yourself to understand how BAD it really is.This has the most messed up cockpit graphics I have seen in any sim or game of any kind ever.
Like I said if it were not for the missions I would put it in the trash where microsoft should have made the producers(abacus)put this add-on.It is nothing like the cockpits you will find in the microsoft flight sim x aircraft,not even close.I do not see how they got away with this sim add-on the way the graphics in the cockpits are.
If you like good solid high performance graphics inside and outside of your aircraft stay away from this add-on.You will find it has the most messed up cockpit graphics that you will ever see and even at this price it is still a crime to sell it to people.
((It is that bad))!!!!!!I read this in another review but did not think that it could be that bad.Boy was I so very wrong!!
Well it is that BAD!!!!!Think it over befor you waste your money like I did!!!!!
As I mentioned previously I can't say much about the "Strike Force Carrier" add-on and be fair. I may need a newer Joystick in order to make a definite evaluation and statement.