Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Carrington Farms Coconut Oil, 54 oz
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Celine Dion Water Sports

on December 14, 2012
I am just learning about the benefits of coconut oil. I bought this to experiment with making my own toothpaste, deodorant, body and face lotions. Now we have started to put it in our smoothies and it makes wonderful popcorn. I have not had much chance to bake with it but I bet it will be great in cornbread or muffins. I also like it for sauteing chicken.

By the way, this coconut deodorant is by far the most effective deodorant I have EVER used.
Coconut Oil Deodorant
3 T coconut oil, 2 T baking soda, 2 T arrowroot
Place the oil in a small glass jar or custard dish. Place the glass container in a pan of hot (not boiling) water just until the oil is melted. Remove the glass container from the pan and stir in the baking soda and arrowroot.
You can pour it into old deodorant containers or into muffin tins. It stays solid under 74 degrees F.
66 comments| 44 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
TOP 500 REVIEWERon December 9, 2012
I just recently started using coconut oil for everything that calls for butter. I love it. Coconut oil has recently been in the news for helping and even reversing alzheimer's and related diseases. It is delicious. If you don't have any coconut allergies or don't have an aversion for the taste then you owe it to yourself and your health to give it a try. It's buttery and silky smooth with a mild coconut taste. This Carrington Farms brand Coconut Oil is from the Philippines. It is cold pressed, non-hydrogenated, unrefined, virgin and organic. I did purchase this at Costco for less than the $24.99 that it is currently being sold for on Amazon. With that said I believe this is a 5 star product! This 54 oz size should last several months. Needs no refrigeration and stores for over 2 years! You can visit carrington farms dot com and read up more on it.
44 comments| 28 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 17, 2012
This is a great product. Im a raw foodie and I use 54 oz every month. Ive tried many brands but like this one best.
on March 10, 2014
Ever since greedy Amazon sellers inflated the price of the Nutiva coconut oil beyond hope (and they didn't even offer Prime shipping, pffff), I was looking for another coconut oil that wouldn't break our wallet and could be easily accessible because we literally CONSUME coconut oil.
My mom went to Costco looking for Nutiva because I had read on another review that someone got the 78 oz of Nutiva for around $23.
One of the Costco employees told my mom they didn't carry the Nutiva one and gave her this one instead. She called me to confirm if it was ok and I had to admit, I was a bit hesitant because we had been using Nutiva forever until we ran out a couple of months ago and the price here on Amazon was ridiculous, making it inaccessible to us. My mom had been cooking with olive oil all this time and I told her we really needed to get to Costco and buy coconut oil before it was "too late". (Cook using vegetable oils and you're going to have a bad time.)

Anyway, Carrington Farms' coconut oil is JUST as good. I'm not telling you not to buy whatever brand you prefer but if you were like us and went to Costco looking for Nutiva and they didn't carry it, this is JUST as wonderful and you shouldn't have to overpay. Tastes the same, looks the same, and achieves the same purposes. It's organic and all that good stuff. I put it in my flax seed in the morning and it made a huge difference right away in comparison of those months we went without coconut oil. Now I have more energy mid day again! That's how I know this oil is legit.

I'm not very good at math but since we can't get the Nutiva at a good price anymore and all the smaller jars are overpriced in supermakets, this one is actually saving us a lot of money vs. ordering online. Now, we can just run to the store and get it.

We don't have a Costco membership but my mother was able to find a good samaritan to get us just this oil.
on May 17, 2015
I used to love this coconut oil, it tasted like fresh coconut, and was identical in taste to the very expensive Nutiva (I bought this Carrington farms brand from Costco). The last year or so the quality has decreased to the point where I no longer purchase it. Another reviewer stated it had a toasted flavor. I agree in a way, it has a really bad "off" rancid flavor that kind of tastes like coconut mixed with old bacon grease, and when you heat it it smells like lard, not coconut (anymore).
At least if they are cutting it with lard it's supposed to be pretty good for you. But I won't be buying it anymore, because I'm paying for cold pressed fresh coconut oil. The same thing happened to another brand of coconut oil I had been using for a while.. It tasted great with the richest yet subtle delightful coconut flavor (I eat my coconut oil straight out of the container, because I can and when it's real it tastes good) and then one day it just tasted gross (a new container, and from then on), and cooking with it made everything smell like cooking lard.
OH PLUS!! Now it gives me acid reflux which does not happen with cold pressed coconut oil that actually tastes like fresh coconut. I eat real Kerrygold butter straight all the time, by the heaping spoonful, and other coconut oils, but with this stuff I can't do it anymore (for the past year or so, maybe a little longer?).
on January 3, 2013
Very good quality coconut oil. I used it for making hand creams and salves and I must say I was very impressed. Also happy to see this product is now available at my local Costco!
on December 14, 2012
I have switched from regular use of Olive Oil to Coconut Oil for cooking. For Salads I still use Olive oil though. I would the smell of Coconut Oil. Nom Nom Nom....
on February 9, 2014
I use this as part of my healthy-made better for you Coffee Creamer.

It makes a great Coffee Creamer "Creamier" as compared to that Crap Powdered type of regular coffee creamer.

Of course? I drink about 32 Ounces of coffee each day...
& I'm French Canadienne...we LOVE our Cafe-Au-Lait....mostly equal parts.

CoConut oil & Powder + Whey Based Coffee Creamer Recipe:

1 - Cup of Coconut Oil
(Carrington Farms Pure Unrefined cold pressed 100% Organic extra virgin)
1 - 1/2 Cup Powdered Non GMO Lecithin
1 - 1/3 Cup PR Pure Vanilla bean extract
4 - Cups Vanilla Flavour GNC Pro-Performance Amplified Whey Protein Powder Mix
4 - Cups Coconut Powder
1 - Cup of Stevia Splenda Blend
(12 ounces Raw [green] powdered stevia 3/1 ratio mixed with 4 ounces white stevia extract (90%) + 8 ounces [By Volume] Splenda)

Mixed/blended with R/O Filtered Water yields about a gallon of Coffee Creamer.
on April 25, 2015
I've only just begun to use this product, but so far, I'm loving it. I use it in place of the olive oil I have always used and it works great. According to what I've read, it is better for you, so if it works as well and is better for you, that's got to be a good thing. I read that it could be used for weight loss by eating a tablespoon or two before meals, so I tried tasting it. While it doesn't TASTE bad, the feel of it would prevent me from using it for that purpose unfortunately.
on August 27, 2013
I really like this stuff. I've tried several coconut oils and this is the best by far. I live the taste of the coconut and this has it. It is also smooth, clean looking and really just about perfect. I will be sticking with this oil from here on out.