Industrial Deals Luxury Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Grocery Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Book House Cleaning Catastrophe Catastrophe Catastrophe  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Shop Now

Format: Paperback|Change

Showing 1-10 of 113 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 154 reviews
on June 5, 2016
This book holds a special place in my heart and is one of the first books I remember being able to "read" (I had it memorized) as a toddler. It's a simple story about a determined little boy who, despite being told by everyone around him that he will fail, plants and grows a carrot from a carrot seed. The haters hated and players played, and he just shook shook shook it off.
on August 15, 2014
I remember this in song form from when I was a child, many many years ago. It's a great book to teach persistence in the face of doubt and discouragement. If you can find the tune for the song it is catchy and a good one for children to learn. The words are different than the book but they are a great companion. You can hear a part of the song at The Kiddie Rekord King. Click on Music Library. You will see several record covers in the middle of the page. Find #6 and click on it. It has a speaker to click on to hear about a minute of the song. I highly recommend this book as well.
on October 18, 2016
I love this book. I am a big fan of Crocket Johnson's Harold and the Purple Crayon books. This one is much simpler and shorter, but has a great moral to it. My daughter likes the book. It is quite short and simple though, so definitely more appropriate for younger children.
on April 6, 2017
Great illustrations by Crockett Johnson whose art made "Harold & the Purple Crayon" one of my childhood favorites coupled with an inspiring story that teaches little ones great life lessons.
on February 28, 2017
One of my favorite books of all time! This was an excellent product for the price - solid construction and no dings or scratches. Great product!
on March 12, 2017
Came in poor condition. Most pages say the same thing over and over again. The ending is very abrupt.
on June 26, 2016
This is becoming one of our favorites. You can't beat a classic.
on December 3, 2003
My parents gave me the paperback version of this book as a child many years ago (which I still have), and I recall reading it over and over and over during my formative years. My mom bought me the hardback version again when I graduated from high school. I am nearly 30 years old now, and I still gravitate toward the very simple yet profound message it teaches all of us: have a quiet childlike faith, trust, persist, persevere and you will be richly rewarded. Today, I run a $2.5 million a year professional organization, and we recently completed a large corporate visioning project for the next several years. I read Krauss' book at the close of the first phase of our vision meeting. My colleagues--with a cumulative total of nearly 75 years of professional business experience--spontaneously applauded at the end of the book, no joke! I also purchased several copies of the book to give to my team as a reminder of the core values it espouses--simple, yet profound values that will guide us and lead us to the next level. It is a book of timeless value that touches my heart each time I read it--and one that you, your child, your family, your peers, or your colleagues will treasure for years to come. Buy it and share it with others, if you haven't done so already.
on February 25, 2014
I love the description on the back of the book: "When you are very young, there are some things that you just know..."

This book is as sweet as can be. I remember being a child & I just knew something was going to work out somehow. Unfortunately for me, most of the time the "seeds" of my childhood didn't yield such wonderful results as this boy's, but I love the message of hope and perseverance in this darling book.
on March 15, 2016
Every child should be read this book. It is a classic that every child, and every parent, should know.