Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Cars
Editors' Holiday Gift Picks Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Electronics Holiday Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Subscribe & Save Gifts for Him Get up to $100 back on House Cleaning services westworld westworld westworld  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Sports Collectibles

• Cars
  • Customer Reviews

Format: Amazon Video|Change
Price:$2.99

Showing 1-10 of 2,084 reviews(verified purchases). Show all reviews
on September 6, 2006
A lovely movie that leaves the kids with a beautiful life lesson and big time entertaining for the whole family. Main character is Lightning McQueen, a beautiful little spoiled racing car too vain of his own early success to see beyond his own unexperience. Too proud and sure of himself to rely on others' advice, and believing that he would never be in need of anyone else. When he accidentally falls off the truck that was taking him to California to participate in the Piston Racing Coup, he finds himself on his own in an unknown place. Lost and alone he gets to Radiator Springs, a long-ago forgotten community struggling to stay in business nevertheless no big roads or highways pass nearby. A bunch of colorful guys there, with engines and parts perhaps not so brand-new and shiny but with certainly far more experience will eventually make him value all those meaningful and important things that go far beyond the mere outside looks and efervescent success: friendship, companionship, experience, and love.
...And plus: what a soundtrack! Rascal Flatts' version of "Life is a highway" got me rocking all the way home after the movie theater... These guys are just purely and plainly great and make unbelievable music, even when remaking a new version of this famous 80's tune. I love them. Sheryl Crow's "Real Gone" opening theme rocks! The rest of the soundtrack is just as great combining classic tunes by Chuck Berry and James Taylor with performances by Brad Paisley, John Mayer and others. My advice: buy the movie DVD along with the soundtrack CD! You won't regret it.
on November 8, 2006
First let me say this is a ***** 5-star movie, it is the single disc DVD that reduces it by a star. But wait....

Yes, there are 2-Disc versions of this classic-to-be Pixar movie, but the "powers that be" are making you look for them! Only certain U.S. retail store chains have gotten them and their second discs are different, so you have to buy them all to get all of the extras.

Even the acclaimed Australian 2-Disc DVD doesn't have all of the extras that are on the U.S. retail stores second disc.

Why Buena Vista decided to market this movie this way can only mean a real 2-Disc version will be made available to everyone next year after their exclusive contracts expire.
on September 5, 2006
There is a reviewer on here who says this movie is not good for younger kids. I disagree. It really depends on your child's interests. My son was three when this movie first came out. He had never watched a movie all the way through before, and is usually bored by videos/movies. This is the first movie that he has shown any interest in seeing. Long before it came out he was fascinated by the pictures of cars with faces and we took him to see the movie months ago (his first movie theatre experience) and there has not been a day since that he doesn't talk about Cars. He knows all the characters, remembers the whole plot (we only saw it once), and now he compares the types of cars in the movie with the ones he sees on the road. I thought I wouldn't like the movie because I am totally uninterested in cars, but I thought it was really well done. The characterizations are fun and the animation is superb. Only Pixar could come up with such a creative, engaging movie about cars. My husband LOVED it and is looking forward to the DVD release as much as my four-year-old, who keeps asking for it for Christmas. I was pleasantly surprised by this movie and admire Pixar even more after seeing it.
on August 1, 2008
I feel forced to write about seeing "Cars" for the first time in Blu-ray.

I have a five-year old named Benicio. "Cars" was his first experience in a real movie theater. On DVD, he used to watch it several times a day; it was basically background to his daily activities running around playing at home.
He knows the movie intimately, and since he knows how to use the remotes, actually maneuvers around the film at will.

Well, I was recuperating from surgery, and I plopped this disc into my new Blu-ray player the afternoon after my hernia repair. Ben plopped down right next to me, seeing the disc case, asking, "Are you going to watch "Cars"? Can I watch it with you?"

The movie loaded and unspooled, and you would have thought he had never seen it before.
Was it the three-dimensional, hypnotizing, hyper-real images? Was it the completely enveloping audio mix?
Who knows? But let me tell you WHATEVER it was, it worked magic on my little guy. He got back into the movie as if it was a totally new experience.

Now as a father who probably could lip-synch the movie if pressed, I have to tell you the same exact thing happened to me. I was lost in this "Cars" world. The picture was crystalline; the audio pure.

What an extraordinary experience for a film buff! I felt a true sense of rediscovery. Details, in-jokes, audio subtleties..."Freebird" indeed.

Anyone who owns a Blu-ray player should have a copy of this already on their shelf.
on August 5, 2015
I really did not think I would like this movie. I know it's been out for awhile, but I only just got around to watching it recently because of my boys. They're 3.5 and love racing, cars, and trucks. I found this movie to be just as much a delight as they did, probably even more so, because of the magically disguised adult jokes. Pixar always puts out treasures and this is no different. I loved all of the tie-ins to NASCAR and the story was sweet. Mater is an obvious fan favorite for more reasons than one and I'm glad I gave it a chance. A great movie
on June 23, 2016
This movie is a favorite in our family. So clever and cute! My boys especially have loved it and each went through a stage when there was always Lightning McQueen car in their hands - meal time, nap time, bed time, grocery store, playground - always a McQueen in those chubby little fingers. It's great for kids and adults alike. We love it! Super cute family show.
on February 10, 2010
This gift set has been one of the greatest value for money purchases I have found in a long time,a car each for My boys and the dvd for their play room and the Blueray for Me....cer-chow !
on December 3, 2013
Always loved the Cars original movie, and had hoped they would do a 3d version. The 3d is good, and the movie, as always, is great. Livin' the dream, Mater.
on August 29, 2008
I bought this movie for our 2 year old son, and he LOVES it! We've probably watched it every day for 3 weeks straight, and I'm actually not sick of it yet! The animation is amazing on Blue Ray; in some of the scenes, the cars actually look real. And there are so many little details that went into this movie that make it really special, like how the engine noises of the different types of cars are accurate (like the purr of the Porsche).
My favorite scenes are Guido's 3 second pit stop, and the tractor tipping scene (I crack up every time Mater says, "That's Frank!")

This is a fun movie to watch, even if you're not a racing fan. And I think this is a cute movie for kids of all ages. Every day when we come home, our son says, "Mama, wace car, wace car!"
on April 15, 2014
This movie is my 4 year old son's all time favorite movie--Cars 2 is a close runner up. He wasn't even born yet when this movie was released, but as soon as he was old enough to pay attention to a full length movie (around 2 years old) he watched this one, and has been hooked ever since. Since then he's watched this movie umpteen times--I really cannot give an accurate count, but the number is astronomical. It's so bad that I've had to purchase this DVD at least twice. We originally purchased the two-disc pack--DVD, Blu-ray combo. But my son watches the movie so often, and insists on handling the discs himself, that invariably they get scratched--he usually watches the DVD on his portable DVD player, which he can operate by himself. Luckily our Blu-ray copy has survived his rough handling. LOL I purchased this widescreen DVD as a replacement for the two-disc combo set that I previously purchased. My husband and I both prefer the wide-screen versions of movies, but my son couldn't care less--widescreen or full-screen makes no difference to him. Since it would be a catastrophe on par with a world war if he could no longer watch the movie on his portable DVD player, I am forced to replace the DVD whenever it is damaged. LOL Luckily, now that he's 4 and smarter, we no longer have that problem. This is a great family friendly movie that is sure to delight viewers of all ages-my husband, I and our 6 year old daughter also love this movie. It's a beautiful story about the value of friendship.