Casabella Silicone Mini Cube Ice Cube Tray, Set Of 2
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Casabella silicone mini cube ice tray makes petite cubes for small containers
- Set of two easy to use and clean silicone ice cube trays
- Constructed from flexible food grade silicone with no-spill reservoir for mess-free use
- Dishwasher safe
- Measures 7-1/2 by 4-inch
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers also shopped for
Casabella silicone mini cube ice tray makes petite cubes for small containers. Set of two easy to use and clean silicone ice cube trays . Constructed from flexible food grade silicone with no-spill reservoir for mess-free use. Ideal for making ice, chocolates, baked-treats; Dishwasher safe. Measures 7-1/2 by 4-Inch. Casabella cleaning tools, kitchen and bath accessories and organizing products have received numerous design awards and industry recognition for beautiful design and high quality workmanship. Casabella - Be Gourmet
Top Customer Reviews
As with any new silicone mold, soak it in warm lightly soapy water for 15-30 minutes then rinse thoroughly also in warm water then allow to air dry before using. Skip this and you will ruin the taste of whatever you use them for. Good idea to clean them this way to avoid passing flavors too.
Fill to top of dividers or below, NOT top of edge of tray.
Once set up, bend the mold forward to separate cubes by rows, bend end to end to cross separate, then band mold backwards to remove the cubes. Best to do over a bowl or tray with sides, removing individual cubes would be a problem, all or nothing.
These easily handle any temperature range in a normal kitchen, up to almost 600 F.
The only down side is it does take about 50% longer for things to set up in them as there is no airflow between each section.
Standard 1lb+ hard candy batch fills 2 and a half trays. I am happy enough with these I am now ordering enough to give me 24 trays for a good rotation in my candy making.
Cubes come out 7/16th of an inch, about the size of a mini die. No mold release needed for hard candy.
I also found these quite useless as well but others seemed to love them.
Perhaps they are not all made of the same materials & act different?
But it does work well for homemade chicken broth for a quick dash of flavor to a meal while on the stove.
So many little holes do take some time and patience to fill. We've used a rubber spatula to fill them all in quicker, but its a bit messy that way. I will pick something with larger cavities next time.
- EXCELLENT at keeping a drink ice cold with very little dilution. This would keep a mint julep or mai tai strong and flavorful for much longer than crushed ice.
- No "snow" that typically comes with crushed ice and leads to over-dilution
- Beautiful presentation in a drink with much clearer cubes than are typically available in a crushed ice drink.
- Soft body makes it much easier to remove cubes than a hard plastic design.
- Very easy to fill and move, there is a lip to prevent spillage.
- It takes almost 2 full trays to fill an 8 ounce rocks glass; you'd be pushing 3 trays to get a collins-sized swizzle.
- No easy way to stack if you did want to ramp up production to keep enough mini ice on hand for regular cocktail use.
- Cubes melt slightly while removing, which means always putting wet ice back in the freezer. Cubes will freeze together as a result and need to be broken apart with an ice scoop or other tool.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Must have for any seasonRead more