Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Cascade Plastic Booster 2-In-1 Plastic Cleaning Additive, 6.8-Ounce Tubes (Pack of 10)
Your Garage Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis DollyParton Shop Now

on March 24, 2006
This is one of those miracle products you can't live without after you try it!! All three grocery stores in my town have recently stopped carrying it, so in a panic I tried searching the internet and wound up here!

I started using Cascade Plastic Booster a year or two ago because I had a coupon and it said it would get the red stains out of Tupperware. I was absolutely amazed! It brightened things that I didn't even realize were dingy! I borrowed a Tupperware Cake storage piece from my mom for my daughters birthday cake. I washed it with the Cascade Plastic booster before returning it. My mom said, "What did you do to this thing?! It looks brand new!" She told me she had had the cake thing for close to 40 years and had always washed it by hand rather than put it in the dishwasher because she was afraid of melting it. I looks completely different now.

The other HUGE plus in my opinion is the scent of this stuff. It smells very nice and makes your dishwasher smell nice while it is running--no more of that horrible yucky hot water dishwasher odor. It even cleans the inside of the dishwasher while it's running.

My only complaint was that it was kind of pricey, so I always tried to use a coupon and didn't use it for every load. But now that I'm ordering it by the case, it won't be such a big deal.

Kristen in MD

Happy again!
on May 23, 2013
Why?????????????????? did they discontinue this product. It was the best thing since apple pie. I"m so sad that I cannot get ahold of this anymore. Do you think the will bring it back? HHHHHHelppppppppppppp
on September 11, 2006
I was skeptical when I first bought this and thought-yea right it will get out the red stains. But after my first use, I am sold. It not only got out the red stains, it also cleans your dishwasher and has a nice smell to it. I won't be without this anymore!!!!!!
on July 24, 2009
I've used this for several years to get the spaghetti sauce stains out of the plastics we use. I was only able to find it at my local Walmart and noticed they stopped carrying it and so I called the manufacturer and was told by the lady over the phone it has been discontinued. I love this product and would recommend anyone buy any remaining stock before it's gone forever.
on October 28, 2009
Plastic Booster is a fantastic product, but I can't find it in any store. I ordered it this past March from Amazon & paid about $40 for the box of 10 - I can't believe the price - are you sure this isn't a mistake - $139.99 for 10 tubes???!!! I guess I won't be using this product any more . . . :(
on November 9, 2006
This stuff definitely works as advertised in the dishwasher, cleaning stains off of plastic kitchenware and getting rid of odors. I highly recommend it. We bought a case recently and are about to buy another.
on January 12, 2007
after driving all over town trying to find cascade plastic booster, i turned to amazon.com. this product is amazing at removing stains from tupperware and other plastic dishes, especially stains from spaghetti and other red sauces. why stores like target, walgreens, and the major grocery stores aren't carrying it anymore (shelf space issues, i guess) it is available here and i purchased a case (a life time supply...just in case it disappears). Maybe next year I will give it as stocking stuffers. :)
on August 23, 2016
This product was great and now it is gone. Upon research of the magic "ingredient" in hopes of duplicating its effect, I found that it was benzoyl peroxide. YES, the stuff you use on your face to clear up acne. Check out their MSDS (material safety data sheet) and under ingredients at the bottom it states benzoyl peroxide 1-5%.
Here is the link: [...]
I have since (years now) been using benzoyl peroxide WASH 10% (amazon item #: Topix Benzoyl Peroxide 10% Wash 8 oz bottle
from Topix) but will try 5% next time but this 10% works like a dream. I only use the amount the size of a peanut M&M. I am not telling you that YOU should use this. I am stating this is what I use since I found out the ingredient. If you try it on your own, that is YOUR prerogative. Just dealing with the facts here.
on April 24, 2016
Another great product off the market and why???? This is a wonderful product and works wonders on plastics. You don't use it on a daily basis so if you add up the time of use, it's not expensive. P & G please bring it back. Thank you.
on January 3, 2007
First, I am bitter about my buying experience. I bought the cleaner once and, at a later date, I tried to purchase it again and was denied because I live in Alaska. Usually we just have to pay more for shipping, but they will not even consider that for groceries. I have written many times to complain and have not received a satisfactory answer.

Ok, back to the cleaner. It works great. We used it every time we ran the dishwasher for the first 5 washes or so. We ran all of our plastics through the wash during that time. It worked wonderfully on everything except the tomato stains that were caused by reheating the tomato dish in the container. That was only a few for us, so we were not disappointed. We use it every time we have tomato sauce and everything comes out sparkling clean. It really has extended the lifespan of our plastic containers. (Once they look dirty, I feel like I have to throw them out.)

One downside to the product, the instructions say to use 3 tablespoons per wash, which is quite a bit for such a small tube. We were at first dismayed that we would have to buy ten tubes at a time, but you have to use so much for each wash that they will not go to waste.

See 1 answered question