Amazon Business Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 STEM March Birthstone Book House Cleaning SneakyPete SneakyPete SneakyPete  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now STEM

Format: Hardcover|Change

on March 26, 2017
OK. I "buy" this man's theory. He certainly makes for a strong circumstantial case citing statistical rise in diabetes, etc. Easy to read. Harder to put into practice - - and therein lies one of the author's points! Sugar is in everything.
on March 26, 2017
Written with intelligence, skill and integrity I both believe and feel that this book is not only important but necessary. The intrepid Mr. Taubes deserves our respect and gratitude.
on March 24, 2017
The book is a bit more than I expected. It gives a medical history how sugar became the culprit that it is. But it also provides an excellent overview on the effects of sugar on your health. It provided me with enough information that I was forced to re-look at my eating habits, and change my diet.
If your looking a book on the effects of sugar on your body, I highly recommend this book...jose m.
on March 22, 2017
This book clearly laid out the facts from a logical and historical perspective. The circumstantial and clinical evidence is, to me, irrefutable that today's sugar is both profitable and deadly. I am seriously trying to get off the drug. Very difficult.
on March 22, 2017
A spectacular and compelling for anyone interested in nutrition, diabetes, obesity, and why we are in this mess. I've studied this field for a decade and still learned a ton from this book. Gary is a masterful researcher, a prolific writer, and weaves a terrific tale. What I love the most about him is his dedication to the science and what the data says. A great read!
on March 21, 2017
would have liked the book better if the author gave a plan to live sugar-free. Atkins diet perhaps?
on March 18, 2017
I'm already a fan of Taubes and a diet obsessed reader, but this book changes everything. As he pointed out in "Good Calories Bad Calories" nutrition science is terrible, but the lack of study on sugar can only be seen as criminal. Instead of Michelle Obama telling our children to eat smaller portions and "move" more, she should use those bare arms to take down the sugar industry. Read this book, it will literally change your life.
on March 18, 2017
It's well written. I think it could be shorter though. It tends to dive deeper into sugar history than it needs to.
on March 18, 2017
Just in case you weren't already sure that sugar is Bad with a capital 'b', here is Gary Taubes latest offering. I found this book to be less rigorous in the evidence department than some of his previous books but that didn't stop it from being a good read.
on March 17, 2017
To bad today's population don't understand how bad science and politics have ruined so many lives. A wonderful read.