|Print List Price:||$18.99|
Save $16.00 (84%)
The Case for Killing Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top Customer Reviews
Peter Fritze, in an excellent debut crime novel, takes us into a high-paced Toronto legal milieu chuck-full of wannabe killers. If the character’s not “packing”, he or she wants to be! Everyone has a grudge—from our central character, aging anti-trust lawyer Peter Bradley, to his wife the voluptuous Amy. As it turns out—and I won’t tell—some of the red herrings have the greatest murderous motivation.
Which takes me to the title: “The Case for Killing”. In a world where viewers love psychopathic Dexter who murders in each episode, Walter White who runs amok peddling meth in “Breaking Bad” and Nurse Jackie who sniffs speed to keep nursing, is there really a case for killing high-powered, selfish, anti-trust lawyer Peter Bradley? Methinks not! His wife is a user—conniving and cheating. His bosses undermine him with a high-level hire on which he should have been consulted; his juniors and secretary have issues. I kinda feel sorry for the guy. But then, obviously, at least one character doesn’t.
On a technical level, Fritze’s pace is fast, the dialogue seamless and the prose flows. He brings the city of Toronto to life. His sex scenes are spicy and his legal world venal. And then, there’s that important reflective after-glow. Not every novelist entices the reader to go back to consider plot, characters, motivation. Well, I went back and I bet many a reader will as well.
Peter Fritze has crafted a great case for reading!
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thrillers & Suspense > Crime > Murder
- Books > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thrillers & Suspense > Spies & Politics > Assassinations
- Books > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thrillers & Suspense > Suspense
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Suspense
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thrillers > Assassinations
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thrillers > Crime
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thrillers > Pulp