Shop Auto Winter Products Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Listen for a chance to win STEM $24.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Echo  Black Friday Deals Week: Fire tablets starting at $29.99. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite Just Dance 2018 Shop Now HTL17_gno

on July 6, 2013
Got this from Amazon just before a two week trip first to the Barcelona area then a cruise that took us to Mount Vesuvius/Pompeii, Downtown Rome via the train, Pisa and a Tuscany vineyard, then walking around Palma on Majorca then back to Barcelona. I experienced no problems with the case at all, Zipping remains smooth, Camera access is good, the strap is comfortable and it holds the gear I use.

Here's what I use it for. My camera is a Sony A-37 with a Kit lens and a sigma 28-200. The other lens is kept in the main compartment which I skew to one side using the included Velcro dividers to allow for better fit for the camera. On the other (smaller)side I keep six P series filters for easy access. With either lens attached to the A-37 I can leave the Cokin filter holder on. With the 18-55 lens on I can leave the Cokin hood on in either the inner or outer position. I put it above the filters in the main compartment when the longer lens is attached. For those familiar with this hood you know its not that deep. The main compartment flap has a zippered compartment for small flat stuff like a lens wipe and screen covers. Sewn into the flap there are two SD card holders with Velcro and each holds two of the new BASIC packaging. It also holds a samsung tab 3 7.0 which I eye-fi my pics to but only with a folio cover if I remove the filters.

The Upper compartment I keep several more filters about another 6, two chargers and four batteries in the mesh pocket on the flap. The mesh is perfect for the batteries because they are easy to find. There's a little room left over but not enough for a flash or another lens. Absent the filters and chargers there would be enough room for any of the Sony flashes and a small primary lens.

The front of the case has a gusseted zippered pocket which I kept a spare filter holder (I thought perhaps I might break one because it goes face down in the case but this was unfounded.), dead batteries and yes, a few more filters. I also kept a dust blaster.

The side of the pack opposite the access flap has a hard strap and an adjustable buckled strap. I used this for the small alum tripod that I use. I would have preferred a pocket at the bottom such as on the lowepro but believe me this is the ONLY thing I would change.

We had just about perfect weather during the trip but we did get caught in a thunder storm in Rome on the way back to the train station. It's amazing how fast the street venders change from offering bottled water to umbrellas but we had the pack covered with the built in waterproof cover so no sale for the street vendors. It takes about 15 seconds to deploy and doesn't interfere the pack strap at all. I don't think that it says this anywhere in the literature but this cover is detachable via Velcro inside the slot where it stores. It's not necessary to detach it to use it.

This pack carried and protected my gear through some pretty tough conditions. Lot's of crowds, buses and trains during the trip. Was definitely up to the task.

One little note. On Carrer Princesa in Barcelona there is a little pastry shop. Let's just say you might want to carry the case in front of you. It's comfortable enough that you forget it's there. So please anyone in Barcelona patronize this shop. It's the one with the plexiglass shelving in the window. No one could have been nicer about the breakage. You won't be disappointed with the pastries either.

Update: After several more photo adventures the bag is still going strong.
on September 13, 2016
I like to keep things small and simple. So I was trying to find the smallest camera bag possible that fits the camera and 3 lenses, and still not as big as a regular camera backpack. I got Nikon D5500 and a super zoom lens attached, plus the hood on the lens that adds about an inch and two prime lenses that are relatively small side by side.

D5500 + this lens (with the lens hood) Tamron AFB016N700 16-300 F/3.5-6.3 Di II VC PZD Macro 16-300mm IS Interchangeable Lens for Nikon Cameras makes it 8 inches long and it all fits in the bag without taking zoom lenz off, which is just what I was looking for! Two prime lenses are sitting side by side and everything is tight and well protected. The front top zipper has plenty of space for charger, batteries, filters, and other stuff.
So if you have any of these (D3x00, D5x00, D7x00) with super zoom lens like (16-300, 18-300, 18-200, 18-140) it will fit!
review imagereview imagereview image
on July 16, 2017
I bought this bag a year ago, because of good design, the great reviews and good price. It remained as a perfect bag for all my gears in one small and efficient place, until one day, I dropped it from knee height (NOT from 3rd floor) to the floor. It absorbed a part of impact, but still failed to protect my lens inside.

Now I take a closer look at it, the walls of the main section are not thick enough. Except that the back plate that directly touches your back is solid and thick (but that's for comfortableness, not really often impact will come from that way), only the lids with multi-layer pouches in every section can absorb slightly more impact. Now I am adding more materials to protect my gears.

I ALWAYS handle my gears very carefully. They are still in mint conditions after years of use. But maybe every few years, this accident might hit you once, and that will be enough.

If you just need a place to store all your gears, but they are inexpensive to replace, get this bag. But if your gears are more valuable, one small accident can cost you fifty times the price of this bag, either you get a more expensive bag with better protection, or you enhance the bag inside out by yourself.

If you don't do that right now, maybe you won't regret for years, but I promise, you will. (Just a piece of advice out of good will.)
on June 29, 2016
I am so happy with this purchase! I am a beginning casual photographer, I mainly take pictures of my sons sports, landscape photos, etc. This case is very convenient for my needs. It fits as a sling across your chest and is very comfortable to wear. One of my favorite features of this bag is that while worn you can swing the bag around to the front and access the main compartment without taking it off. The manufacturer paid close attention to detail. I was very impressed by the straps. They are adjustable but the thing I like is that all the extra length rolls up onto itself and then velcros down to keep it nice and tidy. Right now in my bag I have a external flash, one extra lens and my camera body with the lens on it in the main compartment, which is all seperated by padding that can be moved to make different sized compartments. On the flap to the main compartment there are 2 slots for your memory cards and a zippered slot for any more memory cards . I also have the manual to my camera in the front pocked along with microfiber clothes to clean my lens, and I use this to keep money, etc when out and about. It has a pocket, and a zippered pocket inside the front. Then there is the top compartment, which I kinda wish was divided into maybe 2 compartments but still very happy with the bag. I use the top compartment to hold my camera accessories such as my polarizing lens, remote, and use this area to keep things like my car keys, my cell phone etc when out and about so that I don't have to carry a purse. It also will carry a small tripod on the side and keeps it very secure to the bag and lastly it has a rain cover that you probably wouldn't even know was there if you weren't told about it. It tucks up into a slot from the bottom that runs along the back of the bag. About forgot, it also has a strap that can be used to secure the bag when wearing, I don't use this strap b/c it feels very secure without it and to be able to swing the bag around you have to undo this strap if you are using it. The good thing is it can be tucked away and you would never know it was there. This bag was a perfect purchase for my needs, my only concern is that I am thinking about purchasing another lens and worried about how well it will fit into the bag. I think it will fit into the bag no problem I worry that it will become less convenient if it becomes to tightly packed. I will have to update you on that issue when I get another lens!
on February 5, 2016
I normally use a backpack when I travel but due to shoulder injury I needed to find a sling that fits only over my good shoulder. In the camera compartment I am able to put my Canon Rebel T5 with lens attached, my zoom lens, my small point and shoot camera and my kindle reader. I put extra batteries and charger in the small section along with my wallet. The front section is perfect for passport and travel documents. I am very pleased I was able to organize so much in this bag. I was afraid the bag would seem too large but it's not. It's a perfect size to carry on the plane and for the ports of call during our cruise. Very good quality bag. I am so happy I selected this bag.
on October 12, 2016
Really good sling bag. Even like it better than my Chrome Kadet as far as comfort. The internal seperators work well and are easy to customize. Generous padding gives me piece of mind that my camera is safe. Camera is readily accessible and the stabilizer strap is nice to have. The top pocket can hold a lot, probably will keep snacks and sunglasses in there. Other pockets are well thought out. The rain cover is a great idea and stays out of the way until you need it. Can't think of anything to make this better, except maybe more colors.
on August 10, 2016
I like this sling pack. It is roomy and yet compact enough to not be clunky. You sling it over one shoulder, attach the chest strap and it stays put. You can easily undo the chest strap and then shift the pack around to the front to retrieve your camera easily from the side entry flap. That flap has zipper compartment and 2 extra little pockets perfect for 2 SD cards. The back of the pack has a zipper compartment that is pretty flat, perfect for papers, uv filters, etc. The top section is pretty roomy - I could easily fit my flash in there and a small lens (although I'd have to pack that lens well). There is a small mesh pocket in this top section that zippers closed. They also have a nice feature where if you have extra length on any of the straps, you can fold the extra strap over on itself and there is this neat velcro piece on the strap that secures the folded over strap and keeps things neat. Giving you a more professional appearance. It does have 2 straps on one side of the pack for a tripod. The pack has a neat hidden compartment at the bottom that holds a rain cover for the pack, a really nice feature that you forget about until it rains! I had also purchased the Altura camera sling backpack Altura Photo Camera Sling Backpack for DSLR and Mirrorless Cameras (Canon Nikon Sony Pentax) + MagicFiber Microfiber Lens Cleaning Cloth to compare the 2 products and I think the Case Logic pack is better designed and has better features, although the Altura is a little more sleek looking and the purple/black color scheme I think is a bit more pleasing. All that being said, the problem with both of these packs is that the weight all goes on one shoulder, so it may not work for you ergonomically if you have a lot of heavy stuff to carry. For instance, I did a test hike with this pack with a flash and another lens in the top and my 70D with 34-70 in the main compartment, and a few other things and the lopsidedness of the load bothered my back and just didn't work for me.
on April 16, 2016
This Sling Backpack looks small but actually holds everything I need it to. I am currently carrying a Nikon D7000 with Nikon 50mm 1.8 attached, Nikon 35-70mm 2.8, my SB 600 Flash, 3 collapsible lens hoods, extra batteries for the flash and a collapsible gray card. Even with all of this, I could make room for my Nikon 80-200mm 2.8 (I don't carry that with me often cause of its bulk and weight) by just moving a few things around.

I was using the Amazon Basics Large Camera Bag for the past two years. Although that was a great bag as well, I did not like that I would have to set it down to switch lenses or add a flash or just put my camera away.

This bag is great when I go on photo shoots or camping trips cause it lets me use my hands and hips to carry other things. There's even an outside strap for a tripod. This bag may not be the best choice for carrying along EVERYTHING I own but it sure beats the average camera bag.
on July 10, 2016
I researched camera bags for my Canon 30D DSLR Camera and stopped looking when I found this. It's perfect. The construction quality is excellent, the inside is well-padded, and there are slide pockets, zippered pockets, and mesh pockets galore inside the bag to house your camera, extra lens, and peripheral accessories. It's good looking too. I am very pleased with this purchase and highly recommend Case Logic CPL-107GY Camera Sling for DSLR, Gray to all DSLR Camera Owners.
review imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview image
on April 6, 2016
I read a gazillion reviews for sling bags, and ended up choosing this one because it goes nicely over the left shoulder, which is normally how I wear my regular two-strap backpack...just on the left shoulder.

So, down to functionality. I am able to fit my Nikon D3200 with lens attached, along with two other lenses in the main compartment. The flap to the main compartment has two pockets for memory cards, as well as a zipper pocket to stow whatever you like (small things, i.e., car keys, remote shutter release, drivers license, money, etc.) The front of the pack has another zipper compartment. I've stored my filters in here, as well as extra battery. It is not large enough to stow an iPad mini...sorry. The front compartment at the top is large enough to carry some small snacks and a 1 liter water bottle. I know some have said "no" in the questions about this product, but I did, indeed put a 1 liter water bottle in there, along with some Larabars, and still had a little room left over.

My only complaint, and it is a small one, is that the strap which connects around the belly to the shoulder strap, is just awkward in its placement. I don't know how that could be helped but, it is what it is. For the price, this is a decent bag to take with you on a day shoot.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.