Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Case Logic DCB-302 Compact Camera Case (Gray)
Amazon Vehicles Buy 2 kids' books and save Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now

Color: Gray|Style: Compact Case|Change
Price:$7.05 - $87.76

on January 8, 2012
After reading many positive reviews, i got one for my SX40 HS. It's a perfect fit. The camera sits in the case, not too tight, not too lose...it's just right.
Plus, plenty of extra pockets for battery charger, extra battery and memory cards too.
The handle is good to carry but i like the strap.
Highly recommend for folks looking for a good case
on February 9, 2016
If you are looking for a case that fits the Canon G7X, two spare batteries, and an SD card, then this case is for you. If you plan on carrying your camera everywhere you go like Casey Neistat, this case has a built in belt loop. I really like this case because of its minimal design. When wearing it on your belt, it doesn't look like you have a big fanny pack hanging on your side. Small, black, and discreet is what I was looking for in a case. This case is meant to hold the bare essentials. If you want more space to carry other things, then this case is not for you. Included with this case is a shoulder strap which i doubt I'll ever use. I had a hard time looking for a perfect fitting case for the G7X until I stumbled upon this case so I hope this review helps someone out there. I took a bunch of pics to show how everything fits inside.
on January 9, 2012
After acquiring my S95 I went looking for the smallest possible case to hold it and a few accessories. What I found were cases with nice designs but limited functionality. As in all things in life, everyone prioritizes and makes compromises...

After starting out with the Olympus Horizontal Neoprene and Nylon Case (Black) I found a very nice, stylish and compact case with 2 small issues, a slight magnetic closure misalignment & somewhat offense odor.
Its a great case for the S95 if you are looking to carry only the bare essentials; camera and 2-spare memory cards (w/out plastic sleeves or cases).
You can read my review here:

I also tried the Case Logic TBC-302 Ultra Compact Camera Case with Storage (Black) and found a similar size case but with a very different look and a slightly expanded capacity. While I view the Olympus case as slightly more stylish, I see the Case Logic as more utilitarian. Not only can it hold my S95 and memory cards, but I can also squeeze in a battery.
See my review here:

In my quest to pack just a little more into the smallest case I discovered the Case Logic DCB-302. Unlike the Olympus which sits on you belt horizontally, this case (similar to the TBC-302), is oriented vertically. Personal preference will dictate which you prefer as each has it's advantages and disadvantages. The horizontal orientation makes it less obtrusive when worn on your belt and facilitates easier insertion and removal of the camera. But it tends to bulge slightly when sitting in your car with a seat belt wrapped around you. Truthfully, none of these really work that well in this scenario.

But what really sets the Case Logic DCB-302 apart from the other 2 cases is its exceptionally compact size and flexible storage capacity. Its made from a "ballistic" fabric similar to soft-sided luggage, very durable. The accessory pouch has a fine "mesh" design with a thin vertical red stripe detail that sets it off nicely. The sturdy zippers have perfectly sized "pulls" that are rubberized making it easy to open and close. The interior has a sewn-in light gray nylon lining, sort of generic but effective.

Granted, it is the widest (thickest) of the three due primarily to it's accessory pouch but it also affords the most capacity. The overall outline is slightly larger (barely) than the Olympus case but with just a little "puffier" padding and more rounded corners. Its an attractive and elegant design that appears well made; securely contains both camera and accessories and provides flexible carrying options.

You can either wear it on your belt (thread it through the stitched, wide loop sewn on back) or over your shoulder using the included adjustable shoulder strap that clips to 2 small plastic hook loops (attached at the top back side).

While there is no question this design bulges slightly when worn on your belt its two zippered compartments will securely carry the following:
- S95 Camera
- (3) SDHC Cards (w/plastic cases) (2 spares + 1 in camera)
- (4) Batteries (3 spares & 1 in camera)

If you are willing to pack only one spare battery you can mange this optional arrangement:
- S95 Camera
- (2-3) SDHC Cards (w/plastic cases) (2 spares + 1 in camera or possibly 3 spares if you omit the plastic cases)
- (2) Batteries (1 in camera + 1 spare inside charger)
Canon CB-2LY Li-Ion Battery Charger for NB-6L Li-Ion Batteries

BTW, I also purchased Wasabi Power Battery and Charger Kit for Canon NB-6L, PowerShot D10, S90, S95, SD770 IS, SD980 IS, SD1200 IS, SD1300 IS, SD3500 IS, SD4000 IS, ELPH 500 HS and unfortunately discovered the battery charger design is very different from the Canon (much thicker) and will definitely NOT fit in the accessory pouch along with the S95.

All this in a profile approximately 1/3 wider than the Olympus case which I consider to be the slimmest! Given all my requirements (size, style, quality, capacity and very reasonable price, I got it for $5.98) its an excellent value. It's not perfect (nothing is) but it does provide the smallest footprint while carrying what I consider the most essential items for an extended photo shoot.
on May 15, 2011
I am an advanced amateur photographer who has been using SLR's for 40 years. I use a Nikon D90 for serious photography, but I bought the Nikon CoolPix P500 because I wanted to have a quality camera handy that is not a chore to bring along making you sorry you brought it. I am going on vacation to the Bahamas and I wanted a day bag for the camera. This case has ample room for the P500 and the strap in the main compartment. The side pockets are ample for extra memory cards and batteries. You can also fit the Nikon rapid charger and a few pre-moistened lens wipes, but not much else. Perfect. It is compact enough that it does not get in the way and has a belt loop so you can attach it to your side or back to keep it from swinging all over the place when climbing, hiking or biking. It is well padded and should protect the camera well from bumps and bruises as well as light rain. This bag provides ample protection without the bulk of a bigger bag. VERY SATISFIED.
11 comment| 111 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 15, 2010
Package Type: Standard Packaging|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This is a nice solid bag for small cameras. Has two side zippered pockets,another inside the flap zippered pocket that is perfect for memory cards. A flexible soft divider wall inside. Also included is a detachable shoulder strap, grab handle, and a belt loop. Says it fits Canon PowerShot SX20 IS, Nikon Coolpix P10, and similar sized cameras. Measures 7"x5"x4"
on September 14, 2012
This case fits the Sony RX100, which is a little bit chunkier than most compact cameras.
Also, you might be interested in this super-short micro-USB cable, which will fit nicely in the case: CableJive microStubz: Extra short USB to micro USB Charge & Sync Cable along with the battery Sony High Capacity Battery NPBX1. It's a bit tight, but worth it to not have bits and pieces lying around.
review image
on November 17, 2010
I purchased the Case Logic DCB-304 High/Fixed Zoom Camera Case together with a Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ40 digital camera based on Amazon's suggestion in the "Frequently Purchased Together" section the web page. The product met my expectations and I am satisfied with it. In my opinion it is well constructed and has adequate padding to protect the camera from the knocks that sometimes accompany travel.

I carry my camera in the case with the lens hood either in storage mode (i.e., reversed on the lens)or fastened to the lens in normal mode. You need to know that the camera just fits in the case when the lens hood is attached in the normal position. If you plan to carry the camera with a telephoto extension and adaptor attached together with the lens hood I don't think it will fit the case (I don't have these accessories so I am not absolutely sure about this).

There are two side pockets in which I store the av, usb cables, battery charger and spare battery. There is a zippered pocket in the inside of the top of the case where I carry my spare memory cards.

I found this to be a very handy compact case that just fits the camera plus essential accessories and is convenient to carry and great for traveling especially where space is at a premium. If you have need to carry more accessories or equipment then a larger case or camera bag will be necessary.
33 comments| 38 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 30, 2011
I actually bought this case over the counter at a store near me. I had seen so many reviews expressing disappointment with Amazon recommended camera cases that I decided to examine some cases first hand for my new Canon PowerShot SX230HS 12 MP Digital Camera with HS SYSTEM and DIGIC 4 Image Processor (Black) before buying. Of all the cases I looked at this one was the best fit and was constructed as well or better than any other case in this size/price range.
My SX230 fits snugly in the case but is by no means "tight". I can easily remove the camera without it feeling awkward. With my SX230 placed in the case with the lens mount forward and in the upper part of the case I can put a spare battery at the very bottom of the small front pocket and have it set against the face of the camera below the lens mount. A small sleeve in the front pocket will hold a spare memory card in a case or several cards without a case. A strong belt loop and a neck lanyard give you carrying options.
The items mentioned above are about all you're going to fit in this case but it should be great for holding all your needs for day or weekend trips out and about.
on August 29, 2013
I bought this for my GE X550 Digital Camera. I like the case. It's simple and sturdy. It also has enough pockets to hold all your basic camera needs such as a sync cord, memory card, batteries, etc. It will not hold anything big though but I guess that is why they call it a compact system camera case.

What I liked about this case:

1. It has 3 good sized pockets to hold my basic camera needs.
2. Built to last
3. Will fit most SLR cameras. (Notice I said most, because remember it is COMPACT)
4. Affordable and will get the job done.

What I did not like:

1. I did not like how the pocket you put the camera opens. I felt that it's a little small and that they could have made it go around the case for easy object placing.
2. There is not a lot of padding so if you drop things often then I suggest you adding a little of your own.

I added pictures as well so you can check them out if you like.
review image review image review image review image
on January 3, 2012
Canon EOS Rebel T3 with 18-55mm Lens did NOT fit in this case. Otherwise, case seemed fine, reasonable quality, reasonable price at around $11.