BCA Month Beauty Fall Reading Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Handmade Tote Bags hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Baby Driver Available to Rent Baby Driver Available to Rent Baby Driver Available to Rent  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis South Park Shop Now FFII_gno

Case Logic DCB-302 Compact  Case for Camera - Black
Color: Black|Style: Compact Case|Change
Price:$7.26+ Free shipping (Addon item)

on February 9, 2016
If you are looking for a case that fits the Canon G7X, two spare batteries, and an SD card, then this case is for you. If you plan on carrying your camera everywhere you go like Casey Neistat, this case has a built in belt loop. I really like this case because of its minimal design. When wearing it on your belt, it doesn't look like you have a big fanny pack hanging on your side. Small, black, and discreet is what I was looking for in a case. This case is meant to hold the bare essentials. If you want more space to carry other things, then this case is not for you. Included with this case is a shoulder strap which i doubt I'll ever use. I had a hard time looking for a perfect fitting case for the G7X until I stumbled upon this case so I hope this review helps someone out there. I took a bunch of pics to show how everything fits inside.
22 comments| 90 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 16, 2011
The case material and zippers appears to be durable. The belt loop is sewn (my preference) rather than snapped. The zippers tags are rubber and easily grasped. I doubt that I will ever attach the shoulder strap.

The Canon PowerShot S100 12.1 MP Digital Camera with 5x Wide Angle Optical Image Stabilized Zoom (Black) slides in and out easily and stays put. However, it is not a custom case for this camera, so the camera is able to shift about 1/4" horizontally and vertically (when I shake it with my hands, but in practice it is not noticeable). The front pocket easily fits two spare batteries and several SD card cases.

When packing for a trip, I like to put the OEM wall charger in the front pocket so I have everything needed for this camera in one place. The wall charger, two batteries, and one SD card case all fit in the front pocket. It is a snug fit, and one of the batteries needs to be stored in the charger, but it is not difficult and does not stress the zipper. When fully packed like that, the camera doesn't slide in and out as easily -- but when I get to my destination the charger comes out of the case and stays in the room anyway, so that's not an issue.

As a bonus, I like that the black with red trim color scheme evokes the look of Canon L lenses.
review image
on April 26, 2017
PROS :
-perfect size for my point and shoot
-belt loop makes carrying this a snap
-extra accessory pouch fits all the essentials
-well padded and durable construction

CONS :
-zipper tab feels like it might rip someday

Overall Thoughts : This camera case is the perfect size for my sony rx-100 iii. It has a dedicated pouch for the camera, and then a small pouch that is large enough to hold a couple memory cards, microfiber clothe, spare batteries, and even the battery charger. It has a handy belt loop strap that I use more than the lanyard. But some might prefer the lanyard. Only thing I don't like is the zipper tabs feel like they're made from a silicone material. I keep thinking I'm going to tear them when I open them. But no issues yet!
Trying to find a camera case that was inexpensive but good quality was difficult. My last case was from Case Logic as well, and it lasted more than 10 years. It technically still holds my camera, but the zipper in the front pocket came away from the seam. I can't keep my extra batteries in there since it won't close. That is why I had to get a new one. But for the case to last more than 10 years is pretty darn good! So I stuck with a good brand. This case came with a neck strap too, and I have already found that very useful as I often don't wear pants with pockets or belt loops and have my toddler with me. The front pocket is spacious, allowing me to fit 3 spare batteries and a cleaning cloth. My camera fits in the bigger pocket perfectly. I have a Canon Powershot SX280 HS by the way.
on August 11, 2017
Fits my Kodak Pixpro FZ41, with room for the data cable, spare batteries and a USB sd-card reader. And - it's a Case Logic bag. I'm no fan girl, and I have exactly zero brand loyalty - but I've been using Case Logic bags for about twenty years now, and they have yet to disappoint. My bag rides with me, frequently tossed into the bottom of a bicycle pannier with a bunch of other miscellaneous stuff, and it still looks good, the zippers are smooth with no snags and have never done that coil zipper trick of popping loose in the middle. I use the belt attachment sometimes, and it still hasn't stretched or pulled loose. In short - like other products that just do their intended job, quietly and competently, it's so good you may never notice it. And that's a good thing.
on March 18, 2017
Nice case with good padding and strong construction. My only complaint is that it has a loop on the back to put it on a belt, meaning you have to remove your belt to put it on. (Another older case I have has snaps and velcro on the bottom of the loop so you can put it on/off of a belt without removing the belt, and the combo of snaps + velcro has proven plenty strong to keep it secure.) I wish this was like my old one in that way (thus -1 star), but other than that, it's a great case.
on July 13, 2015
I purchased this to hold a Canon SX710. It works fine for that purpose.

The case I really wanted was Case Logic's TBC-312 (long story short, that's the case I previously had, but it was stolen along with the SX260 that was in it...grrr), but that appears to be discontinued, and is available only used. Amazon lists this case as the "newer model" of that item.

This case does a very good job holding the SX710. It's just the right size for it, not too tight. The SX710 is on the big side for a compact point-and-shoot, so this case ought to work well for most if not any other compact point-and-shoot camera.

The outer pocket is actually quite large. I've got two extra camera batteries in the pocket, and could probably put two more if I wanted.

The case appears well-constructed. My main complaint is that the clips holding the shoulder strap to the case have no positive locking mechanism, so they are prone to slipping off if manipulated the wrong way. But they do have spring-loaded latches and under normal, careful use should stay attached just fine.

I am still looking for a case similar the TBC-312. This case fails on two important points that the other case did not:

- this case has a single zipper that closes around one short end, stopping at a mid-point along the long edge of the case, which means that it's not practical to leave the camera lanyard dangling outside the case (handy if you want to secure the camera to your wrist before removing it from the case or carry the camera in the case by holding the lanyard, with the shoulder strap removed). The TBC-312's single zipper closed along the long edge, stopping at a mid-point along the short edge of the case, right where the camera lanyard attaches to the camera.

- The case really has _too much_ room. The TBC-312 would fit in a large pocket (e.g. jacket pocket or cargo pants/shorts), which was very handy. This case is really too bulky to put in a pocket, especially one found on pants or a shirt, as opposed to outerwear (a parka pocket is probably large enough).

But until I find a case that is as good as the TBC-312 was, this one will do very nicely.
on December 12, 2016
The new red one Case Logic compact camera case I bought in December 2016 is not as good as the older ones. I have 3 Case Logic compact camera cases.The magenta one I bought in 2014 and the red one I bought in 2015 both have long adjustable shoulder straps that can be worn cross body and are attached in two places at the back. They both have a wide 2 inch fixed padded strap in back to slide onto a belt. I give 5 stars to these cases, They nicely fit my Canon SX260HS, Canon SX710HS,and Canon SX720HS with room in the front pocket for a spare battery and SD card. The new one only has one strap attachment in the center of the upper back of the case, The strap is not adjustable and can only be looped around one shoulder. The back belt strap is now just one inch plain webbing. The case's fabric is now a coarser weave and the size is a little bit smaller. The cameras still fit, but tightly. The SX720 barely fits. I will use the new case for the smallest camera. I hope Case Logic reads this review and goes back to making the higher quality cases that I loved.
on November 5, 2015
Extremely well padded, more so than other cases - what I would call 'firm' or 'dense' foam on the back side of the case - very good protection. Between the large and small pockets is 'normal' padding and the small front pocket has normal padding as well. I use it to carry my small dashcam in the main pocket, and two extra batteries in the small pocket. It is actually a little oversized for this camera, but I can use the extra room to throw in the battery charger too. There is a little inner pocket in the small compartment and it just fits the microSD adapter in its case. The small pocket is interesting because it is bigger than the zippered opening - it's tapered at the top, but nearly as big as the large compartment. My interior measurements are large compartment: 4.5" X 2.75" X 1". Small compartment: 4.25" X 2.75" X 0.75" (tapers, so smaller at one end). The belt loop is really durable - I haven't used the strap yet. Another quality product from Case Logic.
review image
on May 18, 2017
Great size, accommodates my point and shoot digital camera in the main compartment, as well as the USB that charges the battery and downloads photos in the front zippered compartment. There is room for a spare battery in the front section in a mesh pocket.

Nice quality solid construction, camera case is fully lined. Can be worn on a belt but also comes with a detachable lanyard.

For the price, the best little case I have seen on Amazon.