Shop Auto Winter Products Salon Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide $24.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Echo Plus  Black Friday Deals Week: Fire tablets starting at $29.99. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite Just Dance 2018 Shop Now HTL17_gno

Case Logic DCB-302 Compact  Case for Camera - Black
Color: Black|Style: Compact Case|Change

on February 9, 2016
If you are looking for a case that fits the Canon G7X, two spare batteries, and an SD card, then this case is for you. If you plan on carrying your camera everywhere you go like Casey Neistat, this case has a built in belt loop. I really like this case because of its minimal design. When wearing it on your belt, it doesn't look like you have a big fanny pack hanging on your side. Small, black, and discreet is what I was looking for in a case. This case is meant to hold the bare essentials. If you want more space to carry other things, then this case is not for you. Included with this case is a shoulder strap which i doubt I'll ever use. I had a hard time looking for a perfect fitting case for the G7X until I stumbled upon this case so I hope this review helps someone out there. I took a bunch of pics to show how everything fits inside.
22 comments| 100 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 16, 2011
The case material and zippers appears to be durable. The belt loop is sewn (my preference) rather than snapped. The zippers tags are rubber and easily grasped. I doubt that I will ever attach the shoulder strap.

The Canon PowerShot S100 12.1 MP Digital Camera with 5x Wide Angle Optical Image Stabilized Zoom (Black) slides in and out easily and stays put. However, it is not a custom case for this camera, so the camera is able to shift about 1/4" horizontally and vertically (when I shake it with my hands, but in practice it is not noticeable). The front pocket easily fits two spare batteries and several SD card cases.

When packing for a trip, I like to put the OEM wall charger in the front pocket so I have everything needed for this camera in one place. The wall charger, two batteries, and one SD card case all fit in the front pocket. It is a snug fit, and one of the batteries needs to be stored in the charger, but it is not difficult and does not stress the zipper. When fully packed like that, the camera doesn't slide in and out as easily -- but when I get to my destination the charger comes out of the case and stays in the room anyway, so that's not an issue.

As a bonus, I like that the black with red trim color scheme evokes the look of Canon L lenses.
on July 13, 2015
I purchased this to hold a Canon SX710. It works fine for that purpose.

The case I really wanted was Case Logic's TBC-312 (long story short, that's the case I previously had, but it was stolen along with the SX260 that was in it...grrr), but that appears to be discontinued, and is available only used. Amazon lists this case as the "newer model" of that item.

This case does a very good job holding the SX710. It's just the right size for it, not too tight. The SX710 is on the big side for a compact point-and-shoot, so this case ought to work well for most if not any other compact point-and-shoot camera.

The outer pocket is actually quite large. I've got two extra camera batteries in the pocket, and could probably put two more if I wanted.

The case appears well-constructed. My main complaint is that the clips holding the shoulder strap to the case have no positive locking mechanism, so they are prone to slipping off if manipulated the wrong way. But they do have spring-loaded latches and under normal, careful use should stay attached just fine.

I am still looking for a case similar the TBC-312. This case fails on two important points that the other case did not:

- this case has a single zipper that closes around one short end, stopping at a mid-point along the long edge of the case, which means that it's not practical to leave the camera lanyard dangling outside the case (handy if you want to secure the camera to your wrist before removing it from the case or carry the camera in the case by holding the lanyard, with the shoulder strap removed). The TBC-312's single zipper closed along the long edge, stopping at a mid-point along the short edge of the case, right where the camera lanyard attaches to the camera.

- The case really has _too much_ room. The TBC-312 would fit in a large pocket (e.g. jacket pocket or cargo pants/shorts), which was very handy. This case is really too bulky to put in a pocket, especially one found on pants or a shirt, as opposed to outerwear (a parka pocket is probably large enough).

But until I find a case that is as good as the TBC-312 was, this one will do very nicely.
on November 19, 2015
Bought this for Canon G7X and it fits snugly. My big gripe is that the strap configuration is totally different than the picture on Amazon, and for that matter, the picture on the packaging. The one I received has only one midline strap loop and includes a non adjustable wrist strap rather than adjustable shoulder strap. Over-the-shoulder is my usual way of carrying this camera, so I am annoyed. Can't believe they didn't even bother to change the picture on the package. Also the belt loop looks much cheaper than the on in the pictures. Still, it's inexpensive, so I won't bother to return it. I guess I'll try to find an old strap that will work.
UPDATE 04/01/2016

I've had this case for 2 years now and have taken it with me to my child's school events and on vacations. It's a perfect size for Canon A1400 Point and Shoot camera. I've had as many as 6 AA batteries in the front compartment or usually have 4 in their, a spare SD card and a place for my keys. It's easy to wear around the neck and easy to get to the camera. No complaints. It was because of my experience with this Case Logic product that I bought a Case Logic Sling for my DSLR. Very good quality products.

ORIGINAL REVIEW

I purchased this case to go with a Canon A1400 Point and Shoot camera. The camera fits in nicely with a little room to spare & the additional zippered pouch with a small net inside is great for an extra memory card as well as a pair of spare AA batteries. On occasion I've put 4 spare AA batteries when I know I will probably be using the flash a lot or taking lots of pictures. Amazon considered this an Add -on and I was able to get a price reduction when I purchased it alongside a camera. It comes with a strap and can be worn around the wrist, neck or shoulder. A great way to protect your camera for very little money.
on April 23, 2012
This case is very good. It does what is advertised and just a bit more. I thought I'd only have enough space for the camera and spare memory card, but it turns out I have space for camera, spare memory card, spare battery, USB cable and even still have space to fit some cash! The case however looks very deceivingly small.

The adjustable strap allows for different hanging positions. I first used to carry it around my neck, then decided to lengthen the strap and use it across my chest and under one arm (Much more comfortable)

I use this case for my Fujifilm FinePix F505 16 MP Camera (Black). The camera fits very comfortable in the first compartment. Probably has space to stuff another in, though I wouldn't recommend that due to fear of scratching either the lens or the screen. In the second compartment, there is another smaller compartment where you can hold a memory card, spare batteries, cash, credit cards and many other things. There is also a bigger general space where you can keep USB cables, more cash, a phone (maybe).

All in all this is an excellent product.

The ONE possible con to this product is the fact that the clips that connect the strap are plastic and may wear quickly over time and may even break. Maybe with version two they can release metal clips.

Aside from the minor detail, definitely will buy again (if need be).

5 stars is all I can give... deserves a lot more.
on June 9, 2014
I used to own a Canon A4000 IS which is a very small camera and I had a very small case to go with it. When I bought a Samsung WB250F, which is a large(er) camera, I needed a new case. I like Case Logic and this one seemed to be big enough to fit. Sure enough, it is plenty big for the WB250F, and it fits nice and snug. I also like the outside pocket, I use it to keep the shoulder/neck strap that came with the case. The case is really nice feeling in the hand and has excellent padding. The zippers both feel really solid and the little zipper handle things are a bendable rubber that feels really nice and quality. Overall, this is an excellent case that is big enough to fit 95% of all point and shoot cameras, but isn't too big.
on October 21, 2016
If you put an Olympus SZ-15 in this, you'll find that it's an extremely tight fit, and the power button can get pushed, which means the lens may attempt (unsuccessfully) to extend while still in the case. Once the camera's been shoved into the main compartment, the secondary pocket can fit one extra battery, which must always be taken out and put in after the camera. Not a practical solution for keeping an Olympus SZ-15 (or similar 'SLR" body styles featuring a "grip") in a handy case on your belt while still keeping it safe from unnecessary damage.
on May 24, 2016
Good quality case that fits my camera perfectly, and the front pocket has room for an extra battery or two, a small lens cloth, and a spare memory card. I bought the red one so I can find my camera easily in the murky depths of a duffel bag. The non-slip zipper pulls are (literally!) a nice touch. The back of the case I received is a little different from the one pictured, with a narrower but well-attached belt loop, one D ring, and a lanyard. The lanyard is too lightweight for the fully loaded camera case but the D ring works fine with a carabiner. I thought about deducting one star for that, but decided not to as this case entirely meets my needs.
Update: The sizing on this case seems to be inconsistent. Please see comments.
on November 28, 2016
When I purchased my Sony Cybershot rx100m5 a week ago I was hard pressed to find a case. It was a case (pun intended) of the goldilocks situation. Cases were either too tight or too big. I was looking for something small enough just for the camera and a memory card or two. This case didn't disappoint. It has room for the Sony RX 100 V with a grip. It is a snug fit but you are by no means smashing it into the case. You can remove the camera easily. The extra storage compantment even has room for at least two extra memory cards with cases and tewo extra bateries. You may be able to get the USB charger in there as well but not much else.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.