Beauty Kindle 10th Anniversary Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now HTL17_gno

Case Logic DCB-302 Compact  Case for Camera - Black
Color: Black|Style: Compact Case|Change

on February 9, 2016
If you are looking for a case that fits the Canon G7X, two spare batteries, and an SD card, then this case is for you. If you plan on carrying your camera everywhere you go like Casey Neistat, this case has a built in belt loop. I really like this case because of its minimal design. When wearing it on your belt, it doesn't look like you have a big fanny pack hanging on your side. Small, black, and discreet is what I was looking for in a case. This case is meant to hold the bare essentials. If you want more space to carry other things, then this case is not for you. Included with this case is a shoulder strap which i doubt I'll ever use. I had a hard time looking for a perfect fitting case for the G7X until I stumbled upon this case so I hope this review helps someone out there. I took a bunch of pics to show how everything fits inside.
22 comments| 92 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 16, 2011
The case material and zippers appears to be durable. The belt loop is sewn (my preference) rather than snapped. The zippers tags are rubber and easily grasped. I doubt that I will ever attach the shoulder strap.

The Canon PowerShot S100 12.1 MP Digital Camera with 5x Wide Angle Optical Image Stabilized Zoom (Black) slides in and out easily and stays put. However, it is not a custom case for this camera, so the camera is able to shift about 1/4" horizontally and vertically (when I shake it with my hands, but in practice it is not noticeable). The front pocket easily fits two spare batteries and several SD card cases.

When packing for a trip, I like to put the OEM wall charger in the front pocket so I have everything needed for this camera in one place. The wall charger, two batteries, and one SD card case all fit in the front pocket. It is a snug fit, and one of the batteries needs to be stored in the charger, but it is not difficult and does not stress the zipper. When fully packed like that, the camera doesn't slide in and out as easily -- but when I get to my destination the charger comes out of the case and stays in the room anyway, so that's not an issue.

As a bonus, I like that the black with red trim color scheme evokes the look of Canon L lenses.
on April 26, 2017
PROS :
-perfect size for my point and shoot
-belt loop makes carrying this a snap
-extra accessory pouch fits all the essentials
-well padded and durable construction

CONS :
-zipper tab feels like it might rip someday

Overall Thoughts : This camera case is the perfect size for my sony rx-100 iii. It has a dedicated pouch for the camera, and then a small pouch that is large enough to hold a couple memory cards, microfiber clothe, spare batteries, and even the battery charger. It has a handy belt loop strap that I use more than the lanyard. But some might prefer the lanyard. Only thing I don't like is the zipper tabs feel like they're made from a silicone material. I keep thinking I'm going to tear them when I open them. But no issues yet!
Trying to find a camera case that was inexpensive but good quality was difficult. My last case was from Case Logic as well, and it lasted more than 10 years. It technically still holds my camera, but the zipper in the front pocket came away from the seam. I can't keep my extra batteries in there since it won't close. That is why I had to get a new one. But for the case to last more than 10 years is pretty darn good! So I stuck with a good brand. This case came with a neck strap too, and I have already found that very useful as I often don't wear pants with pockets or belt loops and have my toddler with me. The front pocket is spacious, allowing me to fit 3 spare batteries and a cleaning cloth. My camera fits in the bigger pocket perfectly. I have a Canon Powershot SX280 HS by the way.
Enthusiast: Cyclingon August 11, 2017
Fits my Kodak Pixpro FZ41, with room for the data cable, spare batteries and a USB sd-card reader. And - it's a Case Logic bag. I'm no fan girl, and I have exactly zero brand loyalty - but I've been using Case Logic bags for about twenty years now, and they have yet to disappoint. My bag rides with me, frequently tossed into the bottom of a bicycle pannier with a bunch of other miscellaneous stuff, and it still looks good, the zippers are smooth with no snags and have never done that coil zipper trick of popping loose in the middle. I use the belt attachment sometimes, and it still hasn't stretched or pulled loose. In short - like other products that just do their intended job, quietly and competently, it's so good you may never notice it. And that's a good thing.
on July 13, 2015
I purchased this to hold a Canon SX710. It works fine for that purpose.

The case I really wanted was Case Logic's TBC-312 (long story short, that's the case I previously had, but it was stolen along with the SX260 that was in it...grrr), but that appears to be discontinued, and is available only used. Amazon lists this case as the "newer model" of that item.

This case does a very good job holding the SX710. It's just the right size for it, not too tight. The SX710 is on the big side for a compact point-and-shoot, so this case ought to work well for most if not any other compact point-and-shoot camera.

The outer pocket is actually quite large. I've got two extra camera batteries in the pocket, and could probably put two more if I wanted.

The case appears well-constructed. My main complaint is that the clips holding the shoulder strap to the case have no positive locking mechanism, so they are prone to slipping off if manipulated the wrong way. But they do have spring-loaded latches and under normal, careful use should stay attached just fine.

I am still looking for a case similar the TBC-312. This case fails on two important points that the other case did not:

- this case has a single zipper that closes around one short end, stopping at a mid-point along the long edge of the case, which means that it's not practical to leave the camera lanyard dangling outside the case (handy if you want to secure the camera to your wrist before removing it from the case or carry the camera in the case by holding the lanyard, with the shoulder strap removed). The TBC-312's single zipper closed along the long edge, stopping at a mid-point along the short edge of the case, right where the camera lanyard attaches to the camera.

- The case really has _too much_ room. The TBC-312 would fit in a large pocket (e.g. jacket pocket or cargo pants/shorts), which was very handy. This case is really too bulky to put in a pocket, especially one found on pants or a shirt, as opposed to outerwear (a parka pocket is probably large enough).

But until I find a case that is as good as the TBC-312 was, this one will do very nicely.
on November 19, 2015
Bought this for Canon G7X and it fits snugly. My big gripe is that the strap configuration is totally different than the picture on Amazon, and for that matter, the picture on the packaging. The one I received has only one midline strap loop and includes a non adjustable wrist strap rather than adjustable shoulder strap. Over-the-shoulder is my usual way of carrying this camera, so I am annoyed. Can't believe they didn't even bother to change the picture on the package. Also the belt loop looks much cheaper than the on in the pictures. Still, it's inexpensive, so I won't bother to return it. I guess I'll try to find an old strap that will work.
on May 19, 2015
Love this camera case. The case that was recommended for my Nikon CoolPix 6500 was so narrow, I can't zip it closed. This one has plenty of room. I have a back-up lithium battery in front compartment.
UPDATE 04/01/2016

I've had this case for 2 years now and have taken it with me to my child's school events and on vacations. It's a perfect size for Canon A1400 Point and Shoot camera. I've had as many as 6 AA batteries in the front compartment or usually have 4 in their, a spare SD card and a place for my keys. It's easy to wear around the neck and easy to get to the camera. No complaints. It was because of my experience with this Case Logic product that I bought a Case Logic Sling for my DSLR. Very good quality products.

ORIGINAL REVIEW

I purchased this case to go with a Canon A1400 Point and Shoot camera. The camera fits in nicely with a little room to spare & the additional zippered pouch with a small net inside is great for an extra memory card as well as a pair of spare AA batteries. On occasion I've put 4 spare AA batteries when I know I will probably be using the flash a lot or taking lots of pictures. Amazon considered this an Add -on and I was able to get a price reduction when I purchased it alongside a camera. It comes with a strap and can be worn around the wrist, neck or shoulder. A great way to protect your camera for very little money.
on March 28, 2012
So I bought this along with my Canon Powershot SX230(from Amazon as well) and I am ABSOLUTELY in love with it!! Personally, when I opened it up I was worried that the camera wouldn't fit (at first glance) but my SX230 fits is AMAZINGLY and it really protects it well. The front pocket is great and I use it to store my memory cards and I am hopefully soon getting extra batteries and it defiantly has the room to hold that! I personally am in love with this case AND true story!!! Today as I was driving I saw a snake on the road, well I always make sure to put my camera in my case so I grabbed the case and went to try to get the snake to move faster. I used this case (with my camera inside) to try to get the snake to move faster. The snake attacked the case twice, no damage to either, and I ended up stopping traffic so that he would get across. In the end when he reached the grass I was only able to get two shots but all that to say, if you know it fits your camera IT'S WORTH IT!!! Great deal GREAT price!
review image review image review image