Industrial Deals HPC Children of Blood and Bone Casual Friday Style nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. GNO for Samsung S9 Only: $44.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon marchmadness marchmadness marchmadness  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment. Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now TG18PP_gno

Case Logic DCB-302 Compact  Case for Camera - Black
Color: Black|Style: Compact Case|Change
Price:$6.99+ Free shipping (Addon item)

on February 9, 2016
If you are looking for a case that fits the Canon G7X, two spare batteries, and an SD card, then this case is for you. If you plan on carrying your camera everywhere you go like Casey Neistat, this case has a built in belt loop. I really like this case because of its minimal design. When wearing it on your belt, it doesn't look like you have a big fanny pack hanging on your side. Small, black, and discreet is what I was looking for in a case. This case is meant to hold the bare essentials. If you want more space to carry other things, then this case is not for you. Included with this case is a shoulder strap which i doubt I'll ever use. I had a hard time looking for a perfect fitting case for the G7X until I stumbled upon this case so I hope this review helps someone out there. I took a bunch of pics to show how everything fits inside.
22 comments| 125 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on March 19, 2017
Case seems well padded and decently made. However, it just barely fits G7X Mark II. The camera is thick and the case has to stretch a bit to close. I would go for a larger case, especially since i'll probably add a filter adapter to it which thickens it more.

Update: to make more room. I cut out a circular hole in the middle wall. I sealed the nylon with a soldering iron and will sew it together. Technically you could just cut all of it out too. There's is still padding in the front pouch and around it. Attached picture
review image
on November 13, 2016
This is a great little case. It has a compartment that is the perfect size for a Powershot ELPH 360 HS and another with a little pocket that the NB-11LH batteries fit perfectly. There's a substantial neck strap which you can attach to a metal ring on the top of the back of the bag and the camera lanyard can be securely attached there as well making it impossible for you to drop the camera.
review imagereview image
on November 28, 2016
When I purchased my Sony Cybershot rx100m5 a week ago I was hard pressed to find a case. It was a case (pun intended) of the goldilocks situation. Cases were either too tight or too big. I was looking for something small enough just for the camera and a memory card or two. This case didn't disappoint. It has room for the Sony RX 100 V with a grip. It is a snug fit but you are by no means smashing it into the case. You can remove the camera easily. The extra storage compantment even has room for at least two extra memory cards with cases and tewo extra bateries. You may be able to get the USB charger in there as well but not much else.
on January 15, 2016
If you own the Canon SX170 this case DOES NOT WORK!! Purchased my husband the camera for Christmas along with this case. The photos clearly show two hooks on the back of the case to attach lanyard for over the shoulder carry. The description of the case also clearly states which 3 Canon cameras are NOT compatible with the case & the SX170 isn't listed. The camera in no way will fit into this case (see photos). The back of the case has one hook, which is centered, and is definitely not a preferred way to attach a lanyard for balance & safety when carrying the camera. We do alot of hiking w/our cameras so this was a selling point. Amazon was prompt in sending a replacement (we thought perhaps the wrong case had been attached to the card that stated the case was the DCB-302) which arrived in 3 days. Unfortunately, it was the exact same case. I realize styles & products change but when they do the description/photos should also be changed. Just know if you want this case it's a nice one, the belt clip would be fine but it won't fit this particular model camera and you sure don't want to attach the lanyard in this manner.
review imagereview imagereview imagereview image
22 comments| 13 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on October 28, 2017
Good Build Quality. Just what I have been looking for. The Canon G9X Mark II fits well with a little wiggle room so you can secure & remove the camera with ease. Like many G9X owner's it was hard for me to find a case that fit. I purchased several and sent them back because they did not fit. My requirements were to have a camera bag that was belt mounted with small footprint and room to store an extra battery and memory card. Like one reviewer said look no further this is the only bag you'll need for the G9X Mark II.
Fits my Kodak Pixpro FZ41, with room for the data cable, spare batteries and a USB sd-card reader. And - it's a Case Logic bag. I'm no fan girl, and I have exactly zero brand loyalty - but I've been using Case Logic bags for about twenty years now, and they have yet to disappoint. My bag rides with me, frequently tossed into the bottom of a bicycle pannier with a bunch of other miscellaneous stuff, and it still looks good, the zippers are smooth with no snags and have never done that coil zipper trick of popping loose in the middle. I use the belt attachment sometimes, and it still hasn't stretched or pulled loose. In short - like other products that just do their intended job, quietly and competently, it's so good you may never notice it. And that's a good thing.
on July 13, 2015
I purchased this to hold a Canon SX710. It works fine for that purpose.

The case I really wanted was Case Logic's TBC-312 (long story short, that's the case I previously had, but it was stolen along with the SX260 that was in it...grrr), but that appears to be discontinued, and is available only used. Amazon lists this case as the "newer model" of that item.

This case does a very good job holding the SX710. It's just the right size for it, not too tight. The SX710 is on the big side for a compact point-and-shoot, so this case ought to work well for most if not any other compact point-and-shoot camera.

The outer pocket is actually quite large. I've got two extra camera batteries in the pocket, and could probably put two more if I wanted.

The case appears well-constructed. My main complaint is that the clips holding the shoulder strap to the case have no positive locking mechanism, so they are prone to slipping off if manipulated the wrong way. But they do have spring-loaded latches and under normal, careful use should stay attached just fine.

I am still looking for a case similar the TBC-312. This case fails on two important points that the other case did not:

- this case has a single zipper that closes around one short end, stopping at a mid-point along the long edge of the case, which means that it's not practical to leave the camera lanyard dangling outside the case (handy if you want to secure the camera to your wrist before removing it from the case or carry the camera in the case by holding the lanyard, with the shoulder strap removed). The TBC-312's single zipper closed along the long edge, stopping at a mid-point along the short edge of the case, right where the camera lanyard attaches to the camera.

- The case really has _too much_ room. The TBC-312 would fit in a large pocket (e.g. jacket pocket or cargo pants/shorts), which was very handy. This case is really too bulky to put in a pocket, especially one found on pants or a shirt, as opposed to outerwear (a parka pocket is probably large enough).

But until I find a case that is as good as the TBC-312 was, this one will do very nicely.
Trying to find a camera case that was inexpensive but good quality was difficult. My last case was from Case Logic as well, and it lasted more than 10 years. It technically still holds my camera, but the zipper in the front pocket came away from the seam. I can't keep my extra batteries in there since it won't close. That is why I had to get a new one. But for the case to last more than 10 years is pretty darn good! So I stuck with a good brand. This case came with a neck strap too, and I have already found that very useful as I often don't wear pants with pockets or belt loops and have my toddler with me. The front pocket is spacious, allowing me to fit 3 spare batteries and a cleaning cloth. My camera fits in the bigger pocket perfectly. I have a Canon Powershot SX280 HS by the way.
Top Contributor: Cyclingon January 28, 2018
I am pleased with this camera case because it appears to be well made (Caselogic does make good cases), and it's padded protecting a compact camera, especially the LED screen. Also like a wide belt loop on the back to attach to a belt, but its about three inches wide so even a wide purse strap, laptop bag or even big sholder bags will fit through. The belt loop makes it harder to leave behind while sight seeing and always on the go.
There is just enough space to fit a Nikon Coolpix S5600 and wrist strap in the main compartment. The tiny secondary compartment is just large enough to hold two Nikon rechargeable batteries and a 6 inch usb charge cable, but it's a super tight fit.
The price is very good and the quality is much better than no-name cases in department stores selling for similar prices.
If you want a small case for compact point & shoot cameras that won't be in your way or a bother to bring, this case should work for you.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse