Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services _fof _fof _fof  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis Shop Now STEMClub17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 473 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 513 reviews
on November 10, 2011
Short Review - Great bag design, shoddy construction

Long Review - This bag is great for travelling. It has a main compartment to hold your slr with one lens attached (I have the 28-135mm), two smaller areas to hold two additional lens, a great place to hold your sunglasses/passport as well as a sleeve area to hold a Galaxy 10.1 tablet.

Overall, great design as I'm in love with it as I was able to pack all my travel needs into one area.

Now with reality of using this bag. To make it short, the construction of this bag is shoddy.

For bag #1, I went on a 2 week trip to Japan and on day 2, the main shoulder strap started to tear. It ripped about 3/4 of an inch and it was obviously due to weight. This bag may have all these great pockets and compartments, but it cannot support the weight if you fill the contents. For the remaining days overseas, I emptied out the bag to carry just the SLR (Rebel T3i), 3 batteries, and my passport. The bag did not rip any further but my disappointment with this bag did not end here.

After returning to NY, I called Amazon and they were kind enough to send a replacement bag with 1 day delivery. Great!, I thought. I received the bag yesterday and brought it out with an SLR + 28-135mm, 3 batteries. No issues until I returned home.

As I was opening the main SLR compartment, to my surprise and disgust, the shoelace material that surrounds he main SLR compartment, rips. I spent 15 minutes trying to get the shoelace material reattached to no avail.

I had enough with this bag, it's way too much stress over a bag and I'm just grateful Amazon's customer service is exceptional and allowed me to return this item.

Once again, I reiterate, the design of the bag is well thought out and I absolutely loved it. It is very functional for your SLR and travelling needs; however, the shoddy manufacturing of this bag really disappointed me.

Thank you Amazon, Thank you Case-Logic Design Team, Shame on the manufacturing team.
55 comments| 84 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 9, 2013
This little bag is great!!!

I currently carry my Canon t4i with kit and zoom lens (55-250), attached battery grip, huge goitos bulb, Otpech utility sling, battery charger, and cables in the camera compartment. I still have enough room to add a nifty-fifty or the 40mm pancake whenever I get it. Removing the bulb will allow for a flash, and maybe another stubby lens.

The upper compartment (which was my main point of hesitation) is actually quite large and adjustable. you can move up or down into the camera bay. I found this rather interesting as I am able to expand the lower camera section about an inch or less depending on the configuration.

The front pocket is rather tight and flat, so don't plan in putting lost of things here....it does carry a tablet (Asus TF101) perfectly as well as a notebook, a pen, and cleaning pen as well.

Tripod, or more likely mono-pod configuration is ok at best. It maybe too cumbersome to carry anything given the size of the bag, but I'm chucking this to personal preference....I don't like to lug too many things.

Most importantly it's very easy to carry and non-intrusive. I also have a Vivitar DKS-20, which can fit a 15.4 laptop, and a few more gadgets comfortably, but it is a big bag....you can't always get away without hitting things or people as you try to squeeze into tight places with it...the DCB-308 is quite slim for the amount it can carry.

The only negative that I can raise is that the sling can only go over the left shoulder, which is the same shoulder I sling my Optech utility sling. I think it's a matter of getting used to it. My previous bag I could do either shoulder, I would use the bag on the right shoulder and the camera sling on the left, but again this is not a deal breaker.

I will be posting pictures of my configuration soon. Overall very satisfied with the purchase!

I would highly recommend this bag!!!!

05/09/13 UPDATE______________________________________________________________________________

I took the bag on my first trip since I got it and worked like a charm. I did find a flaw with the bag...the top compartment zipper opens from the "bottom" when you have the bag slung in front of you. Basically once you are wearing the bag on your back and you bring it forward to access the camera compartment (which should be facing up right now), the top compartment, which opens in a "c" form, opens from the bottoms side of the bag. This could be a problem if the top compartment is loaded. I was carrying ND filter kit in the mesh pocket on the top compartment, so I felt the need to be extra cautious when getting snacks out of the bag.

This alone is not enough to take a star down, but maybe enough to deduct 1/2.

I was able to carry everything that I needed and more form my trip in the Bahamas, and felt that the gear was well protected at all times while riding a scooter through the city.

7/10/13 UPDATE____________________________________________________________________________
I have to say that I really like the versatility of this bag. I use it several times a week, and still holding strong. I have to say that I am very impressed with the construction and weather proofing. We took our daughter to the zoo, and it rained 4 of the 5 hours we were there. I packed everything in the bag and put the weather cover on it, and during the 4 hour rain, the bag and all of it's contents remained dry.

Recently took it to Disney World for the weekend with 9 lbs worth of gear (Canon T4i, 50mm f1.4, 35mm f2.0, Rokinon 8mm f3.5, and some misc gear in the top compartment) and as a person with lower back issues, I can honestly say this bag did not hurt my shoulders nor back during the two days were there.

Overall you cannot get a better value than this bag!
review image review image review image
on April 18, 2017
I've used this case for over 5 years now, and I'm still ambivalent about it. On the plus side, it is well made, it is quite compact, it holds all the gear I want to carry with good protection, and the ability to rotate it to the front for standing access has proven very handy at times.

HOWEVER -- On balance, I wish I had purchased a conventional backpack style, for three reasons:
(a) The one-strap "sling" style just isn't comfortable for long periods. Though the strap is wide and well-padded, the asymmetry of the load proves quickly uncomfortable. I carry a rather heavy zoom lens on my Canon Rebel plus a medium zoom telephoto and a flash, so there is a fair amount of weight. This would be easy to carry around all day with a two-strap design, but it's a strain with this design. And that narrow stabilizer strap across the chest is no help at all -- it makes it MORE uncomfortable for me and adds to the inconvenience of putting it on and off besides.
(b) It's really inconvenient for normal carrying-around use. I use a conventional two-strap backpack a lot for carrying my work stuff, and that is easy and comfortable to slip one strap on one shoulder or lug via its top handle. This one-strap design doesn't sit well when just slung over a shoulder. Though there's a reasonable cloth handle at the top, the amount of dangling strap stuff makes carrying it that way awkward too (for its size, the straps on this thing account for a lot of bulk). The side-entry camera storage is great when you're wearing using it in the chest-access mode, but it's a pain in every other situation. And frankly, it's a lot easier to slip on a regular backpack than this thing -- especially if you are wearing a heavy coat or a hat.
(3) It doesn't provide for other storage. Though it provides well for all my regular camera gear, it doesn't have room for much else (I do slip my iPad Mini in the front pocket). There's no room (or strap provision) for carrying a light jacket, a book, a water bottle, etc. If you're on a hike, this carries your camera - period. And if you're traveling by plane, this is one of your carry-ons. So you really have to carry another bag too.

I purchased this model because the idea of being able to access my camera on my chest really appealed to me. And it IS a great feature in certain situations -- such as when you are standing in a crowd or walking and can't easily or safely take off your backpack for access. When in those situations, this design is superb! However, it's pretty much a pain all the rest of the time, IMHO. After extensive use, I don't personally find this one convenience is worth the rest of the inconvenience.
on December 17, 2011
This was not the first camera bag I purchased. In fact, I started with another Case Logic sling by almost the same exact name: Case Logic SLRC-205 SLR Camera Sling (Black)
That was bad. If you want my full thoughts on that bag, you can read my review of it in full there, but in short, though I thought the build quality was EXCELLENT, the design turned out to be far less so. There was next to no usable storage in the bag, with the only available space being taken up by a tiny compartment for the camera itself, and one huge, wide open, oddly-shaped pocket that I would not want my stuff flopping around in--or worse yet--rubbing together in. I returned that bag to Amazon and sprang for the extra $6 to go with this model, the DCB-308. WHAT A DIFFERENCE. In fact, it boggles the mind that Case Logic makes both these bags. This one is so well thought out, you would honestly think it's from another company entirely. First, the size on this bag is certainly bigger than the other, but not a whole lot bigger. It's still significantly smaller than a regular backpack. The second thing I noticed about it is its ability to stand up on its own. The bottom of the bag is firm and flat, and the camera sits in the bottom of it, giving it a nice firm footing and allowing it to be stored in the most efficient space-saving way possible (the other bag just slumped into an unorganized pile when you set it down--not pretty). Inside the camera compartment, there is a cavernous space with plenty of room for my 7D (which is a big camera) and any relatively large lens attached. The compartment is divided with a system of semi-rigid dividers with velcro strips. These dividers also section off the bag from the other access areas and provide the bag's solid form. It doesn't feel like a plastic box covered in cloth, but it also doesn't just feel like a loose bag. It has a firm feel that inspires confidence that it will protect your gear and hold on to its good looks, but it also has some "give" to remind you that it is, in fact, a bag, and it won't hurt you to carry it around. In the very top of the bag, there is a zippered "door" to access what I call "the trunk." This compartment is roomy, deep, has a solid floor, and just BEGS you to put all your odds and ends in it: battery charger and spares, air puffer, cables, wireless...you name it. This compartment is just plain USEFUL. And it's situated perfectly. There's also a nice stiff handle right above the trunk to carry the bag when you're not going to sling it over your shoulder. Other pockets include a many-layered front flap big enough for an ipad (for size reference--I doubt I'll be carrying mine in there) with several pockets, flaps, zippered compartments, etc., and a small lens cap pocket (clearly designed just for that purpose). If you are a pro with many lenses you need to carry around everywhere, it still probably won't work for you and you will need to go with a full backpack or other bag. But if you're like me and want to be able to carry around a camera with one lens attached and 2-3 other lenses, and also have a convenient place to store all your camera accessories, I don't know if I could design a better bag. I'm that happy with it. --And as someone who has returned another bag in the search, you can trust I'm not one of those "loves whatever he has because he wants to prove to himself that it was a good decision" guys. This bag really is that good.
One last note regarding comfort: This one feels a littel firmer on the back, which isn't a bad thing. Also, the secondary strap on this one seems better thought out than the other. On the other bag, the secondary strap was a belt strap, and it was too short for many people. It also did little/nothing to ease the burden. On this bag, the secondary strap comes up under your left arm and clips to the main strap right below your collarbone. This does two things VERY well: it locks the bag on your body to the point where it almost feels like a safety harness. It's very secure, but still comfortable. Secondly--and this is kind of a big deal--it gently pulls the main strap away from your neck/collarbone and prevents rubbing. I have no doubt I'll use it for that feature alone. Sling bags by design use the area between your shoulder and your neck as a stop to keep them in place. Sometimes after a little wear, that can start to feel a little too much like you're wearing a bag around your neck. This bag offers some relief in that way, where the other never could.
If you happen to be on the fence at all between this bag and the SLRC-205, the choice is clear. Now for the embarrassing part: the biggest factor in choosing the other bag in the first place was looks. How silly is that? Well, as it turns out, pictures don't do this bag justice. It's actually very handsome in person.
on May 31, 2016
The Good:
This sling offers a variety of pouches and ample space. I was able to fit my Nikon D3000 along with two lenses (18-55mm & 55-200mm) in the largest compartment with extra room. The cool part here is that you are given Velcro inserts to customize how everything sits in the compartment. I was also able to carry the charger, computer link cable, phone, wallet, external battery and light snacks. The sling was also carrying my 5ft tripod with minimal swaying. So, the best thing about this sling is it's carrying and customization options.

The Bad:
If you plan on wearing this sling for extended periods of time, reconsider. This sling is better for short periods. I was wearing mine for 4-5 hours at a time and I was constantly shifting the sling from shoulder to shoulder. I had to do this since it was uncomfortable for those long periods. It may have been caused by all of the weight resting on one shoulder.

The Ugly:
The seam at the bottom of the sling is coming undone after one weeks use. The tear is between 2-3" in length and the only thing holding the sling and backpack together is the remaining seam and the mesh that is found on the back side of the backpack. My girlfriend offered to stitch it back up, but I am resisting considering how long it took for the product to come undone. It may be only another weeks time before something else comes undone.
on February 16, 2016
I would venture to say that this is probably the most perfect case I laid my hands on. That being said, cases are a matter of taste, needs, equipment and preferences. For me, this one is perfect because of:

1) Size: Its perfectly compact while allowing you to carry most of your photo equipment. I generally have my canon t2i (god damn it, why is the mark III so expensive), one 18-70mm lens, one 200mm lens, one 430ex flash and all of this fits perfectly.

2) Very easy access to all that you need. The sling swings around and all your equipment is in easy reach. I love carrying this.

3) Perfect design. Everything is intuitive and where it should be. I cannot imagine changing the design of this bag in any way. It's just exactly what i wanted. Whether I am traveling with family, at a birthday party, or at a client... this thing is always with me.

4) Great compromise in terms of size.... it's not too small or too big. Yes I have other bags, a smaller one for when I need just one lens mounted on a body and a larger one for when I move everything I have.... but this is my go to bag 90% of the time.
on October 23, 2015
At first, I was a little skeptical that this bag would fit my needs. However, I decided that for the price, it was worth a gamble. I have found, after a few months (about 2-3 times a week), that for the most part, I am happy with my purchase. The strap is comfortable and wide enough to not pinch when the bag is full and heavy. I have read reviews which mentioned that the strap was tearing or coming off, I have seen none of that. I have yet to use it in inclement weather, so I can't comment on the water resistance of the bag itself or the included water proof cover. It has plenty of storage space for a day trip, with enough pockets and pouches to keep everything organized. I can fit my Pentax K-50 with 55-300mm lens attached, which is great. I wish it was a little bigger, so that the top storage pocket would have more room. You can move the bottom of that pocket to have more room at the expense of losing room for camera/lenses. My biggest worry, which turned out to be true, was that the "tripod system" looked sub-par. I use a SLIK 340DX, and while it does fit, only two of the legs can be fit into the pocket and the securing strap is too low and loosely attached that it constantly flops around. I imagine a monopod would fit well, as well as a much smaller tripod, I just find it was not well thought out. Overall, I'm happy with the bag (for $40 I'm not expecting it to be perfect) but with a larger, more secure tripod system, I would've been much happier.

Pros:
- Deep enough to fit my Pentax K-50 with 55-300mm lens attached (lens hood reversed)
- Able to change lenses using the bag, rather than finding someplace to set down the camera, which is convenient and reduces the exposure to dust
- Front pouch easily fits my tablet
- Shoulder strap is easily adjustable with a velcro strap to secure excess material

Cons:
- Could be larger
- Tripod system needs to be redesigned
on September 21, 2014
This is the first time I have left a review for anything I have bought. I love this bag!! Here's why...This is my setup, Canon 70D, 18-135 STM lens, 55-250 STM lens, Rode VMO shotgun Mic, , 2 spare batteries and charger with cable, lens cleaning kit. All fit in main compartment with room for more smaller lenses like a 50 mm or an external flash or LED, or whatever.
Manfrotto 294 Monopod fits in side pouch, Manfrotto 500 AH Flat Base Fluid Head fits in top compartment and it's handle fits in main compartment with some slight configuration on the side Velcro area...not an inconvenience at all.
3 filter lenses, SD cards fit in front zipper pouch area.
The pack slips around so easily from your back to your stomach for easy access to your camera for on the go Pics, plus you can use the bag while it is on your frontside to stabilize your shot by resting your elbows on it...pure genius!!
The interior padding is good and it's a small bag on your back. Seems well crafted and zippers are good, which is a big deal to me, as many zippers have failed me in the past...Hope you find this review helpful !!
on April 14, 2017
I have had a number of Case Logic sling bags. The problem with this one is the top zipper zips from the bottom not from the top. That means if you unzip while the bag is slung over your shoulder items in the top compartment will fall out since you are unziping from the side facing the ground.The other Case Logic bags I have had the zippers are opposite and I love them. Without this one design flaw I would give it a five star. If you look at the photos they post you see what I mean.
review image
on November 27, 2016
 This bag is cool. I was shopping for a bag for my DSLR cannon 70 D.
I saw three or four different bags, and I didn't like any of them. And then I saw this one from Logitech and it looked interesting, so I decided to order it. I've been using it for more than three years, and the only thing that I can say about it is that I love it.

PROS: It has more than 15 different compartments, and some of them are adjustable, so you can use them however you need them to be.
It has little cover so you can cover her to whole bag from the rain, just in case you are shooting photos on the outside and starts raining.
All the zippers are easy to use.

The other thing that I like is the one strap design. Also, that it has two holders, one on the top and the other on the left side for easy carry.

CONS: It is not 100% water proof, they can improve on that. I wish that they can make it water proof.
It's a little too expensive.
I wish they can also make this in different materials, so it's a little more smooth.

FINAL THOUGHTS: With all the different and adjustable compartments, it's an easy choice. Too bad that it's not water proof, and I wish that they would lower the price a little bit. But overall, this is an awesome bag, I highly recommend it.