Oil month Automotive HPC Rebound Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Made for you. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fifty Shades Freed available to buy Fifty Shades Freed available to buy Fifty Shades Freed available to buy  Kids Edition Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now Start your Baby Registry

on July 6, 2012
I bought this for my Nikon D5100. The case is very well built and looks pretty cool. It's nice that it does'nt advertise what's inside like "NIKON" or "CANON" on the outside. No point in giving potential thieves too much information. The case itself holds the camera securely and provides ample padding for any bumps that may occur. I'm not sure what would happen it were dropped though. It does have a solid plastic bottom that is nice for setting the bag down without it tipping over or getting wet from puddles or wet grass. The side pouches are big enough for a couple of extra lenses and hoods. The front pouch will hold small accessories and the rear pouch is good for thin items like lens pens and cleaning cloths. The inner pouch has a removable case that can stay with the camera. It's nice for shielding the camera from mist or dust. It has a loop for attaching it to the camera strap but this is a little awkward when taking pictures. It's best just to take it totally off the camera and store it in the case when taking photos.
11 comment| 22 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on November 26, 2012
Bought this case after going through quite a few other cases and backpacks to hold our Canon t3i. Found that backpacks and sling bags may work great for hiking and getting your camera to a place where you are going to be taking pictures but not taking many pictures along the journey.

It was really nice to have the larger outer case to hold extra lenses, charger, memory cards, etc. and the camera in the protective sleeve. That got us from home to our destination, then when we were walking around we were able to keep the camera in the protective sleeve/holster and use the camera strap for easy access to any quick snap scenario we may have encountered. (We have a 1 year old so they are plentiful!)

It takes a long time to get the camera in and out of some of the other cases we tried and with the ability to hang the holster from the strap while you are taking pictures then just slide the camera back in and move on, this case has proved to be the best we have found.

I can see if you have quite a bit of gear (lenses, external flash, etc) this case may fall short on storage, but our setup with a 18-135mm zoom lens attached and a 55-250mm as a rare use lens, this case was leaps and bounds better than others we tried.
33 comments| 30 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on June 23, 2013
I have a 4/3 camera with some extra accessories. This case was a little awkward for me to use. A 100-300mm lens with the sun hood did not fit. I had to remove the hood and turn it around for it to partially fit. The lens hood was too wide and there is nothing that can be done to fix that.

Pros:
Pull out soft camera pouch
Rubber bottom to protect the bottom of the case
Nice side pouches for camera lenses.

Cons:
Small accessory zipper area - not much room for any accessories
Falls over easy due to small footprint
Zippers between carrying handle side pouches are too close together (can't easily distinguish between them without looking)
For me - lens pouches not wide enough

The travel pack case just didn't suit my needs. I kept trying to use it and tried to make it work, but in the end I ended up going with a backpack style camera case (Evecase - black and gary).

This case would be perfect for the person with a simple DLSR setup.
on September 17, 2012
Like any other camera bag, fit it going to depend upon your gear. For me, this is a great bag to go hiking with and keep everything securely in place. My Nikon D7000 with 18-105mm lens fit perfectly in the main compartment. There are two side slots for additional lenses/flashes, however, what you decide to put in these compartments will matter. I found that when I have my camera packed, along with a 50mm prime and 10-20mm wide angle, it's a bit difficult to get the lenses out as it's a rather right fit. The prime lens is small and it sits down further making it difficult to get out without removing the camera first. However, if you're using a smaller DSLR, say a 3100/5100 or the Canon Rebels, you won't have a problem at all fitting two lenses in comfortably. This is why I gave this 4 out of 5 stars. It really depends on your camera. If you have a larger DSLR, I really wouldn't plan on having the room to carry two additional lenses, so the description is somewhat misleading.

I love the fact that this has a separate sleeve for your camera. I was going to buy one anyhow and it's nice that it's included in this.
on April 8, 2014
This Case Logic Travel Pack was the perfect solution for my DSLR needs. It's two cases in one. When I am going out for a day trip or something shorter, where I am primarily shooting with one lens, I just use the soft neoprene insert case. It keeps my camera ready at all times, is easy to use and it does an admirable job of protecting the lens and body. It's so light weight you barely know it's there. And, with a little clip that attaches to your neck strap of the camera, it hangs out of the way while you are shooting, but stays attached so you can't lose it. I love it. And when you get home, the smaller case fits right into the bigger one, it's genius!

The bigger travel bag is also really nice. It's small enough that it isn't heavy or a burden to travel with, but it's big enough to handle my DSLR with a telephoto lens attached (18-135mm), plus room for two more lenses. I really was looking for a lighter travel bag, not some big monster, and this fits "my" needs just about perfectly. I like the cordura nylon on this bag too, it looks and feels like it can take a beating, and the hard rubber bottom is both waterproof and a stable platform for standing the bag up. It's also great protection. I like how it looks, it's black and kind of stealthy. It also feels of quality - it's not flimsy or cheap. It's a bag that I feel was worth the money I paid for it.

Of course, in wanting a smaller travel bag, you have to make some concessions. Some might say the bag doesn't hold alot. I guess that is true if you travel with flash units, multiple lenses, filters and metering equipment. This is not the right bag for those people. I travel with at MOST two lenses, and one or two filters and that's it. If I ever decide to go with more than that, I'll look for a different bag.

Camera bags are very personal, each person probably wants something slightly different. Picking one out online is tough, but I feel with this bag, for me, I got it right the first time and am extremely satisfied with this particular Case Logic offering. But do yourself a favor and check out this entire line of camera bags. There are many to choose from, in different sizes and with different features. Hopefully you find the one that's right for you. Good luck.
on June 12, 2014
I am a Nikon-to-Micro Four Thirds convert! I bought this bag a few weeks ago with my new Panasonic G6. I also just bought an Olympus PEN E-P5 (ya, I know, very understanding wife!). The holster thing that comes out is ok, but it is a little fussy with the velcro piece and gets stuck on the inside of the bag a lot. It also takes up a lot of room on it's own. That is the only thing bad I have to say about the bag. The good thing about that is that you can totally remove the holster thing to fit more stuff in the middle of the bag.

Without the holster in there, listen to what I have in this bag right now:
In the middle compartment, I have:
1) Panasonic G6 with Olympus 45mm f1.8 lens attached (camera on it's side, still have 3/4 of an inch of space in front of the lens).
I put a couple of empty Panasonic lens bags on top of the G6 for padding.
2) Olympus PEN E-P5 with Panasonic 45-175 lens (and lens hood reversed on the lens), with bottom of the camera on top of the lens bags on top of the G6. That's a long lengs - sticks out from the camera almost 4 inches.
The middle cover closes fine, but there is no more room at the top of the middle compartment at all.
In the left side compartment, I have:
3) The Panasonic 14-42 kit lens (with lens hood reversed on the lens).
4) The Panasonic 12-35 f2.8 lens (with lens hood reversed on the lens).
5) The Olympus 17mm f1.8 "kit" lens (fantastic for a kit lens).
No really - they ALL fit in that one left-hand side of the bag.
In the right side compartment, I have:
6) A Nissin Speedlight Di 466.
7) The VF-4 viewfinder that came with the E-P5 kit.
The side compartments are perfectly shapped to hold the lenses snuggly, and they are padded very nicely.
In the back compartment, I have Body Caps, a 58mm Polarizing filter and some small paperwork.
In the front compartment, I have back lens caps, spare battery for G6, spare battery for P5, small lens brush and the thin foot base that came with the Nissin Speedlight.

TWO CAMERAS, FIVE LENSES, SPEEDLIGHT and misc smaller things! I just weighed the full bag and it is a total of about 6.2 pounds. I don't know for sure, but I think that is about the weight of my D7000 with vertical grip and 18-200 lens.

I know what you're saying - "this guy is full of it!" - I swear I'm not!!! All of that stuff is in there! There is not a lot of room left over, although I still could get a little more in the front and back compartments. No vaseline, no crowbar needed to get it in there.

I spent many hours looking at gear at Amazon for the new cameras, so I know what it's like when your trying to decide if something is right for you. I cannot recommend this bag enough. It is outstanding. Well padded, sturdy, SPACIOUS and the bottom even has some kind of hard rubber shell that would allow you to put it down on damp grass without leaking water through the bottom.

Now, my only dilema is, where am I going to put the 60mm Sigma lens I've been looking at?

Good luck and KEEP SPENDING ;-)
on August 21, 2013
Bought this for my wife's D5200 camera kit, which includes the 18-55mm and 55-300mm lenses. The main bag has two compartments for additional lenses.

The 55-300mm lens fits in the side lens compartment, with hood attached in reverse, rather snugly (if slightly tight). The best way to insert this lens is with the front of the lens facing up. The second side lens compartment is used for storing the battery charger. The front compartment is used for storing the USB cables, additional batteries and SD cards.

The day bag works great with the kit lens attached to the camera, but is not big enough for the 55-300mm. (It could, however, work with the Nikon 55-200mm lens). It produces adequate protection, an conveniently attaches to the camera strap.

I love the fact that the main bag has a PV base, which makes easy to clean and protects against wet surfaces.
on February 25, 2014
I just purchased my first Digital SLR camera, along with an additional lens and needed a good case, this one works great for me. I purchased the Canon EOS Rebel T3 along with a Canon 55-250mm telephoto lens, all of this fits very well and I also have room to carry my battery charger and download cable. My camera fits very well in the "day holster" and does not get in the way when I'm using the camera (I have it attached to the camera strap like is suggested). My camera is very easy to put into and take out of the holster with no issues whatever. The day holster then fits nice and snug in the Destination bag. This combo protects my new camera very well and the fit is perfect for me. I am very pleased with this purchase.
on September 11, 2012
This is a nice case but smaller than expected. When I first received it my first reaction was it is too small, I wanted to return it and get a Vanguard Adaptor backpack instead. Needless to say that after taking time to try fitting my gear my opinion quickly changed and I kept the case. My Nikon D7000 was able to fit with a Nikon 40mm micro attached. The day holster provides extra protection for the camera inside the case and is nice to have when you don't need the case, the camera will rest on your chest at an angle however (see their picture). The case is very well padded. It is small and light and ironically that's why I like it now. In the side pockets sits a Nikon 50mm 1.8 D with leftover space ( a telephoto lens will probably fill most of the pocket). In the other side pocket I was able to fit the camera charger (cable separately in the front pocket) and my canon G11 "advanced point and shoot" (bigger and thicker than your average point and shoot). So I was happy about that. The back zippered pocket was too small to fit my WhiBal white balance card which fits easily in the main compartment behind the camera. As you probably know by now the strap is the weakest feature of this case. It really has a different quality than the rest of the case. It is really low quality, looks weak, not well padded!! Basically cheap!! For the quality of the case it should be better. Does it bother me when I carry the case? No! Because the case with the above gear in it is surprisngly light and small and very convenient. Hope this helps.
on September 26, 2013
Bought this for my Canon Rebel SL1. Fits perfectly with the 18-55mm lens attached. Has enough room to fit a larger camera body as well.

The side pockets fit extra lenses well and the front pocket is great for extra batteries, SD cards etc. The Day Holster has proven more than useful and it was also a deciding factor in purchasing this model. The larger case doesn't seem 'so' bulky that I wouldn't want to carry it around for the day though.

There is a small open pocket inside of the Day Holster for the lens cover (great to have). I don't think it would pop out, just wish it would have some Velcro, or a flap over the top so I wouldn't worry about it.

Overall, glad that I purchased this case and would recommend this to a friend.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.