Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Case Logic Display Sleeve LAPS-113, 13.3-Inch, Black
Your Garage Editors' Picks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports

Color: Black|Size: 13.3 Inch|Change

TOP 500 REVIEWERon March 1, 2011
Case Logic, Inc. has been around since 1984, which is probably right about the time I bought my first Case Logic case for my cassette tapes. Over the years, as they added items to their product line, so I added their products to my collection. As a sample, I believe I have owned at one point or another, Case Logic cassette cases, CD & DVD cases, CD player cases, Zip Drive cases, trunk organizers, and more. I'm looking around my home office and I can spot several of their products and I bet you do too. Case Logic's 13.3 Laptop Sleeve (LAPS-113) is one of many sleeves that Case Logic makes and it just might be the perfect protective, no frills sleeve for your 13.3-inch or smaller laptop.

PROS:
- No nonsense, sleek design
- 6mm EVA foam padding
- Smooth gliding zipper
- Protective lip prevents damage from zipper

CONS:
- Slight rubbery odor

I define my perfect laptop sleeve to be one that has no handles, pockets, zippers, or bulk. What I want out of a sleeve, is a relatively form-fitting sleeve that I can then toss into one of my other bags, like my Timbuk2 messenger bag or my JanSport backpack. The LAPS-113 hit each of my requirements perfectly, except for the inclusion of a zipper. Though, as you'll soon see, the zipper turned out to be a neutral feature for me, not a negative one.

PROTECTION
First and foremost, the LAPS-113 will protect your laptop from scratches. The exterior and interior materials are made out of 100% polyester. What makes the LAPS-113 stand out from many similar sleeves is the fact that it actually has some worthwhile padding to protect your laptop from impact. It is surrounded by a 6mm layer of EVA foam which feels a lot like memory foam. This thin layer provides enough protection that I feel very comfortable with it in my aforementioned bags. The sides also have a woven webbing that provides a protective texture as well as making it look attractive. As I mentioned before, I did not like the idea of a zipper on a laptop sleeve because I fear scratching my laptop with it. Fortunately, the Case Logic LAPS-113 has a protective lip around the zipper teeth. Essentially, when you begin to zip the the sleeve shut, the protective lip folds down over the laptop so that it is protected from coming in contact with the zipper teeth.

USAGE & SIZE
The smooth gliding zipper runs across the entire top of the sleeve and about an inch down the sides. It is very easy to insert and remove my laptop from the LAPS-113. When inside my messenger bag, I can remove my laptop without having to remove the entire sleeve from the bag. The Case Logic LAPS-113 laptop sleeve is listed as a 13.3-inch appropriate sleeve. The internal dimensions are 13in x 9.1in x 1.1in and weighs just 6 ounces. The new 13-inch Macbook Pro is listed as 12.78in x 8.94in x 0.95in, so the sleeve should be perfect. However, I have a 12.1-inch Google Chrome Cr-48 notebook and that too fit amazingly well. As my readers probably know already, I LOVE Timbuk2 products but I think the LAPS-113 just usurped my Timbuk2 sleeve as the sleeve my Cr-48 will live in. All you game developers who got their free Cr-48 from the Game Developers Conference in San Francisco might want to try the LAPS-113 for your brand new toy. To top it off, the LAPS-113 comes in three colors-black, red, and tannin (a sort of red wine, brown mixture). I also want to mention that the sleeve does give off a slight rubbery odor at first, but fades away after a few days. I know that some people are highly sensitive to smell so I just wanted to mention it for their sake.

CONCLUSION
There are plenty of folks out there who want a sleeve that has enough padding for better impact protection. The Case Logic LAPS-113 is able to do that without adding significant bulk in a simple and attractive design. I recommend it for 13-inch Macbook Pro users and Google Chrome Cr-48 users alike.

* Review sample courtesy of Case Logic, Inc.
1414 comments| 407 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 7, 2015
This sleeve fits perfectly with my Toshiba Chromebook 2. It comes with a foam pad, and at first I took it out because I thought it was just filler, and the sleeve felt super loose with my laptop in it. But then I took a look at the foam pad again, and I found that you could cleanly pull it apart into 2 flat pieces. Now with the two pieces in the sleeve, my laptop fits perfectly between the foam, and it provides a ton more protection. Not sure if you're supposed to do that, but in the end, it worked out great.

Update: Everything is still great, but multiple people have said that they didn't get a foam pad with their case. If you don't get one, the case is just a little bit too big for a Toshiba Chromebook 2, but it still is a good sleeve regardless. As long as you're taking good care of you're laptop, you'll be fine!
review image review image review image review image
66 comments| 49 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 27, 2012
The Case Logic sleeve is the perfect size for the Acer Aspire One laptop computer sold by COSTCO. It is well padded to protect the computer in a briefcase or carry-on luggage, and has a zippered top. I like that I can place the sleeve in my briefcase, and easily pull out the laptop because the zipper extends across the top and 1 1/2" down each side. Since I purchased the sleeve to protect my computer during travel, it perfectly meets my needs. This sleeve does not have pockets for power cord, mouse or jump drives; I pack these separately. The case is professional looking and has a quality zipper. It is exactly the right product for protecting a small laptop during travel.
review image review image review image
on December 1, 2014
This case is advertised as fitting the new MacBook Pro Retina 13 inch. It doesn't. It's too loose. For a brand name case of this quality I would expect it to fit snugly.

If this is their definition of "fit" then my iPhone will fit in this case too. I measured and there is an extra inch in the narrow direction and about an extra half an inch of space in the long direction. I don't want my new expensive laptop flopping and floating around inside its case. I have added some photos with a ruler to show just how poor the fit is. I set my laptop on top of the foam that comes inside the case to show how different the sizes are. I shudder to think how a MacBook Air would "fit" inside this case. I am returning this.
review image review image review image
88 comments| 156 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 15, 2013
I got this to protect my newly purchased Samsung Chromebook and I love it!! - It holds and protects it perfectly.... Feels substantial when toting my chromebook around. To my shock.... Waterproof...!!! I took my laptop ( in the 17.3 inch version ) and my chromebook out - unintentionally - in the rain in only their respective Case Logic sleeves and got I got SOAKED....... But my gadgets were, to my surprise, completely dry!!

Highly recommended, inexpensive and are perfect for my needs.... ( I have 2!! )
Color: Black|Size: 13.3 Inch|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I was expecting a mere utilitarian sleeve to hold my 13" Mac Pro laptop. I am delighted that it also provides some aesthetic satisfaction. The color is a solid inky black, with no lighter threads in the design. The Case Logic logo on the front is small, with the yellow-orange square of half-sun that pops out stylishly and yet is unobtrusive. The woven webbing on the sides is a nice nifty touch.

The top-loading zipper--which is a primary feature for me in determining quality--is sturdy and smooth, and slides like buttah from one side to the other. It won't scratch your laptop because it has a protective lip. The 6 millimeter foam padding feels substantial and secure, and my laptop slips in easily, like a card in an envelope. It fits snugly but not too tightly, either.

External dimensions are 14 x 1.1 x 10" and internal dimensions are 13 x 1.1 x 9.1" The exterior and lining is made of 100% polyester.

The attached description card says "25 Years Quality Guarantee."

Highly recommended to protect your 13" laptop.
66 comments| 96 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 13, 2013
I have a Macbook Pro 15" and there's about an inch of extra space. When you place it in the sleeve, it can shift and move about.

Despite this, the sleeve feels quite protective because of a foam-like material surrounding the laptop. It is thin, keeping from the overall package from being cumbersome, but the memoryfoam-ish material feels like it would protect the computer from dinks and scratches for sure. Like the top review said, the zipper's lip is on the outside, so it's unlikely to scratch your laptop.

Value: 4/5
Fit: 3/5
Design: 4/5
Protection: 4/5 (for a sleeve)
review image
on November 12, 2012
This case is a sleek, nicely padded, elegant product, but it is not a good fit for the 2012 MacBook Pro with Retina Display. It is at least 1 inch too large in length and width which leaves the notebook sliding around inside the case. What's the point in purchasing a small, light, thin computer if the case is too big?
44 comments| 55 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 10, 2012
This case is marketed as a case for the Macbook Air. The case, in fact, is for the 13'' Inch Macbook Pro. It says so on the packaging when you receive the product. I was highly disappointed by how poorly it fit my Macbook Air. It's twice as wide and way too big. DON'T BUY THIS PRODUCT IF YOU HAVE A MACBOOK AIR.
11 comment| 69 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 29, 2011
Fits new Lenovo T420S very well. Correct width and only a 1/4 inch of added depth. Fit, build, and protection is far better than the Lenovo site recommended case as I have both.