Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Case Logic PNC-218 18-Inch Laptop Case (Black)
Amazon Vehicles Buy 2 kids' books and save Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now

Size: 18- Inch|Change

Size: 16- Inch|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This video demonstrates the construction, compartments, and overall utility of the Case Logic laptop briefcase. It is made of mesh-textured nylon (not vinyl, as I mistakenly say) with a few lime green details that give what the manufacturer calls "a hint of attitude." This case is airport security-friendly, although the laptop section must be opened and laid flat, exposing the laptop, unlike some models that can completely enclose the laptop in a padded sleeve and still go through security. (You will see how it works in the video.) The case is padded on the top, bottom, and sides, with only minimal padding between compartments. This briefcase is notable not for its appearance, which is rather ordinary and casual, but for its organizational features.

-- Debbie Lee Wesselmann
1212 comments| 245 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon August 31, 2010
Size: 18- Inch|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
If you either have a large laptop, or you carry a range of electronics when you travel, it's hard to beat this Caselogic bag. These days, despite the omnipresence of wireless, I find I have to carry many more cables and accessories, and this bag seems to accommodate everything with no trouble. Literally, I've squeezed in a widescreen Dell Laptop, netbook, power cords, wireless mouse, phone charger, headphones, paper notepads, pens, business cards and all the things you would typically try to put a briefcase - remarkably, there was room in the bag without it looking bloated.

It's also extremely light and comfortable to carry, whether you use the handle or the shoulder strap, and looks reasonably stylish. Most importantly, I found it was easy to clean after spilling a cup of coffee over the whole thing - thankfully, it seemed quite water resistant too. There are enough internal pockets to make it easy to organize, and at the price I think you would be hard pressed to find a bag with similar features or build quality.
review image
44 comments| 148 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 19, 2010
The Caselogic PNC-218 is one of the few choices available for laptops with 17" or larger screens. Our widescreen 17.3" laptop fits in the main compartment with two or three inches width to spare. A velcro-adjustable divider keeps the laptop from shifting back and forth. A separate zippered compartment has several nicely-sized pockets that hold our wireless mouse, a portable hard drive, some cards, and a USB thumb drive. The bag is fairly thin and trim; it won't hold much beyond your computer and accessories. (In other words, it is not a laptop case and briefcase.)
on July 15, 2010
Size: 16- Inch|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This case isn't functionally all that different from any other basic laptop case. It has a clamshell compartment for the laptop, a document pocket inside, a large outside zipper compartment with some smaller pockets inside, and a small outside zipper pocket, so no surprises there. However, it seems to be particularly well made, and there's a few small touches that really make it a great case. The wire frame around the front and back seems to be extremely strong, and though it isn't mentioned in the description, there is what seems to be a plastic band outside the foam padding around the laptop compartment to keep it from being crushed by, for example, someone else's carry-on bag. The foam padding is dense, and overall, the case seems to provide substantial protection. The carry handle is soft and comfortable, and the shoulder strap has the same dense foam in its pad. There's not much to the green accents (on the outside, it's only the zipper pull), but the case does have a sleek, rounded look that I think does make it look quite nice. Instead of traditional shoulder strap hooks, the shoulder strap has G-shaped hooks that attach to nylon loops on the bag, which look nice and also serve to keep the strap somewhat straight and not so twisted every time you pick it up. One final nice touch is that the small pockets inside the zipper compartment are numbered, which lets you more easily make a mental note of where you put small items rather than having to search through every pocket every time you need something. At least I've always had to do that.

I might also note that my 15" laptop leaves plenty of room in the main compartment for a mouse and the power brick, but my wife's 16" basically fills it.
on January 13, 2012
I've been looking for a case for my Asus G73J gaming laptop ever since I bought it over a year ago. It's a 17.3" display so you wouldn't think it'd be that hard, but if you have one of these monsters, you know that the fan bay on the back is the issue. The largest laptop compartment I'd been able to find was less than 12", where my laptop is almost 12.5" deep.

If you look at the pictures I've uploaded you'll see that the rig fits nicely in the case, with room for my gaming mouse and my headset -- it isn't a folding headset either, so it was with some trepidation that I slid it in there and tried to zip the pocket closed. But as far as I can tell, they don't get a bit squished.

There's not a lot of padding to the case, so, you know, don't go dropping it or tossing it into the checked baggage, but the case is also very lightweight, which is great when your laptop already weighs around eight pounds all by itself. The shoulder strap pad is nicely padded, though, so I figure it'll be about as comfortable as can be expected. It will also adjust to a long enough length that you could wear it cross-body if you wanted to. It feels awkward that way to me, mostly due to the width of the laptop, but a person could, I think, if they wanted to.

In short, I love this case. Partly I love it because it's the first case I've found that I could zip closed with my laptop in it, but even apart from that, it's a pretty good case for the money. Not super fancy, but big enough for this monster rig, and that's what matters.
review image review image review image
VINE VOICEon September 14, 2010
Size: 18- Inch|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
It's not easy to find good laptop bags for the larger 17" models, and even harder to find quality ones. This Caselogic does the job, and reasonably well enough, but I have a couple issues with it. First, the internal strap to hold the laptop is WAY off to the side. I'm not quite sure of the reason for this, since laptops of this size are quite heavy and can be somewhat unbalanced. As a result, if you pick the bag up without having fully secured it (if for instance, you strapped it in but forgot to zipper up the case), you won't have even a remote chance that the computer will stay inside for even a second if you pick it up (maybe I'm the only one that does this, but a good strap has saved my butt more than once with laptop cases!) This one is so useless as to not even be worth putting in there. A second strap would have done wonders to correct this situation.

My other issue is that it has an equally unbalanced feel while using the shoulder strap. Again, this has a lot to do with the size and weight of a really large laptop, it wants to tilt out from my body, and the strap doesn't do anything to keep things in balance. This isn't an issue with smaller laptops, but I find that for a larger one I greatly prefer the "tote" style of bag, such as the Decode Tote Brief  which has straps on both sides of the bag and keeps it from tilting either way when being carried and allows me to easy carry it tight against my body. Maybe just a woman's opinion...but I just like the feel of that bag better when carrying it for any amount of time, even if the handles are a tad stiff and uncomfortable. There's nothing really *wrong* with this case, for me it just is not the most comfortable style of case for a large, heavy laptop.
99 comments| 94 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 28, 2011
I was very pleased with the size and construction of this case..I do not have to use it everyday
so it is perfect when I do need it for putting all my supplies in...my camera, notebooks, pens,
and cords all fit perfect with room to spare. It is very comfortable on the shoulder strap and
I find it works better with the strap shorter.. Very good purchase and yes I would purchase it
again. Hope this helps you decide, perfect if you have a large laptop, like me, 17.3 fits perfect.
on September 13, 2012
I wonder who designs these bags. It's made for an 18 inch laptop, so they know it's going to have laptops in there that are more then likely more expensive then average, not to mention heavier then the average laptop. And yet they think it's ok to use a tiny bit of metal that is not even fully attached, it's just clipped on, to hold the should strap in place.

I've been using this bag for the last 4 days, and one of the metal clips for the shoulder strap just fell off and disappeared by day two.

A bag designed to hold a relatively heavy item that's worth a few hundred dollars to a few thousand dollars, and all they put was a snap on metal clip to secure the shoulder strap???

I suppose you could just buy another shoulder strap somewhere and then get good use out of this bag. Or you can just spend a few bucks more and get a different bag.

Aside from the shoulder strap issue, the bag is pretty decent. It holds my alienware M17x r4 easily with a bit of room to spare. I can put the power brick in the side compartment along with my mouse and a few other small items, and keep some miscellaneous items in the small side pocket. For the price, if the should strap was attached more securely, it would be a good deal.

EDIT: I've changed my review to this bag to 1 star because for the 2nd time, the strap has broken on me. And this time it was much worse since it resulted in the laptop actually falling and hitting the floor. The plastic clip that attaches the plastic hook to the strap broke. Case logic should recall this bag since someone is going to wind up with a smashed up laptop. They should have known better then to use such cheap, weak items for the strap on a bag designed to hold an 18 inch laptop.

Since this is the 2nd time the strap has broken, I'm going to return this bag and i will NOT be getting a replacement. I'll buy a bag from some other brand.
on October 19, 2010
First I just want to say that it is really hard to find a bag that will fit an 18.4 inch laptop. You would think that there would be a decent selection out there or at least more than two vendors, but as of now that is just not the case. This bag does fit my 18.4 inch Toshiba Qosmio laptop with an inch or so to spare. In that light, this bag may be what you are looking for for the price. That being said, there are plenty of things wrong with it.

- Space. This bag has enough space for an 18.4 inch laptop and nothing else. The largest pouch comfortably fits the laptop, but you can barely fit the power supply in the secondary pouch. If you do plan on taking your power supply with you, forget about any CD's, books, or anything else you might need. Well I suppose you could fit a book or something in there as well, but only if you are abnormally good at jigsaw puzzles.
- Securing Straps. The "adjustable" strap in the primary pouch is severely offset to one side of the bag, and opposite it are simple velcro straps. This turns the simple task of placing your laptop inside your bag a very awkward experience. I am usually forced to lay the bag flat on the floor or tabletop (if there happens to be 3 square feet of space available) and completely open the case before I can wiggle the laptop inside and secure the straps. It is nearly impossible to get your laptop inside if it is upright. As an added problem, the simple velcro straps are not padded where the adjustable strap is, which means your laptop will always be tilted inside the bag. This makes it very awkward to carry.
- Zippers. Initially, the zippers were fine, but after about 5 weeks of use, they are always catching on the fabric of the case. While not a completely detrimental flaw, it is freakishly annoying to have your zipper catch when you need to get to your next class.
- Shoulder Strap. This is perhaps the biggest of all the flaws in this bag. At first, it seemed sturdy enough. The gel-type shoulder was a nice bonus too. But after 5 weeks of toting my bag to class and back a few times a week, one of the clips broke and I almost dropped my $1400 laptop on the concrete sidewalk. Initially, I thought that the clips for the shoulder strap were made out of metal, but now that one was broken in half, I could see that it was only plastic. Upon further inspection, I noticed that the the clip opposite the one that broke had almost ripped away from the case. It appears that CaseLogic thought it was a good idea to use only a single stitch pattern when they attached the shoulder strap anchors to the bag. The Strap holding up an expensive massive laptop is attached to the case by six little threads! If the clip hadn't broken, it would have only been a matter of minutes before the last two threads gave way.

In Summary, If you are absolutely desperate for a cheap bag that you can use to bring your laptop with you on your annual trip to Grandma's house, then this is the bag for you. But if you actually plan on using this bag more than once a year, stay away! My shoulder strap broke off after only 5 weeks of carrying nothing but my laptop and power supply! I'm glad I'm only out $30 and not $1430!
on June 17, 2015
This bag was purchased for my work computer. I had a $40 limit and was having issues finding a bag that would accommodate a 17.5" laptop in that price range, with the features I wanted. This bag was advertized to hold up to an 18" laptop, I figured it would be fine. I got it and it seemed really big, then I put my laptop in it. Well it is about 4" longer and wider than my laptop and it is just ridiculous. The bag itself is nice and the pockets are plentiful, I am irritated with the description of the product.
review image