Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Case Logic QPB-201 EVA Molded Compact Camera Case (Red)
Amazon Vehicles Editors' Picks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now

VINE VOICEon April 22, 2010
Color: Gray|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )|Verified Purchase
Please take a look at images I uploaded to the product page on this well-made case that offers superior protection against bumps and drops. This case will accommodate cameras measuring (L)3 5/8 by (H)2 1/2 by (D)1 1/8 inches in dimensions. The best design - full length zipper opening with elastic hinge supports (so that the two halves won't open too wide when you unzip the case).

The camera should be inserted into the case with its LCD screen facing the plush fabric surface half. The front of the camera will then face the other half of the case that has the super-tough EVA shell to protect against crush and drop.

I STRONGLY suggest that you tether the wrist strap of the camera to the ringlet on the case, so that they are always together. When taking pictures, while holding the camera with your right hand, you should hold the case with your left hand. If someone accidentally bumps into you and causes you to drop the camera, it won't fall to the ground because the case is tied to the camera. I had saved my camera from destruction numerous times this way.

I like this case very much because it offers great protection without the bulk of other cases. If your camera is the same or smaller than the aforementioned dimensions, this is an excellent case to consider.
review image review image
77 comments| 97 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon April 26, 2010
Color: Gray|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
We have a couple of Canon ELPH cameras, and have been using various cases for them, including a really nice one from Crumpler. I always love the simple, clean lines of Caselogic products and this one is no exception. The case itself is very good quality, with a nice plush finish on the interior to protect those delicate (and scratch-catching) LCD screens on little cameras. It has other clever features like the snap on the belt strap can be supported with your finger so you aren't pushing it into the camera to snap it shut (easier to see than to describe in writing). Also, rather than opening up like a clam shell, the case has gussets in the bottom that keep the contents from falling out when opened completely. It makes it slightly more difficult to use, but the security this offers is definitely worth it. When worn on a belt, this will prevent the camera from flopping out onto the ground when you unzip the case.

Also included is a lanyard type strap for around-the-neck if you are into that sort of thing. If you aren't it is easily detachable with a little clip.

The only down-side I can find for this case is that there is only one zipper. This means that you can't close the zipper and have the camera's strap sticking up through the top of the case. Its a minor flaw, really, consider the other benefits of this case and its relatively low price.
on December 22, 2010
We ordered this case with the intention to use it with my HTC HD2 phone, paying special attention to the dimensions advertised in the product description, which would have certainly accommodated my phone. We discovered when the product arrived that the actual product dimensions are dramatically smaller: (internal) 4.25 inches x 3.25 inches. Possibly 1/4 inch could be squeaked out of this case in length and width if one is willing to stress the zipper. It turns out that the dimensions given were including the cardboard packaging attached with the product.

Apart from this very frustrating point, the case itself is remarkable. We own several cases from Case Logic, and we are very happy with the lot of them. This particular case would exceed our expectations in many regards. The main compartment is lined on the belt-clip side with a material that is very soft and it resembles fleece (though I assume it is a material which does not build up a charge). It should be noted that the belt-clip side is not rigid.

The opposing side of the case is pretty rigid, comparable to a guitar case which would come with a typical acoustic guitar. It could accurately be described as semi-rigid: it is flexible enough to endure wearing on a belt, while also being stiff enough to offer protection against bumping at speeds and force typical of the average person's gait. This feature is further strengthened by the (canvas-like) polyester exterior, which also features a fixed strap that is identical to that which one will find used for a seat belt in any modern passenger vehicle. The detail absolutely helps improve the overall strength and durability of this case.

If only the advertised dimensions had been accurately portrayed, I would have been extremely happy with this product.
on September 8, 2011
This case is very nice and protecting for your Canon Power Shot Elph 300 HS. The only reason I will return it is the Colour, said to be Light Blue and on the pictures looks to be a very nice turquise Blue, which in reality is GREEN. I will return it tomorrow and have already ordered a Black one instead. The very soft and fluffy inside is very well protecting for the LCD screen and when zipped all around it is a very good protection for your camera, incase you should drop it. My son got one of this in black together with his new Camera (Canon PS Elph 300 hs)in June and he has talked so much positive about it, carrying it for long backpacking trips etc so I decided to get one for myself as well.I only give it 4 Stars due to the misleading Colour, otherwise the quality is Superb!
on September 29, 2011
I bought the red Canon PowerShot ELPH 300 and decided upon this red case. It's a perfect size and color match, and there's room for extra SD cards in the internal sleeve. It's not waterproof, but keeps your camera protected with soft interior and sturdy exterior. Also easy to find in my purse or tote with the red color. I am very happy with it and would highly recommend.
on March 24, 2012
I was disappointed to find that this case is too small to comfortably fit my Canon PowerShot S100. It is technically possible to fit this camera in and zip the case closed, but it is a very tight fit. I will be sending it back for a refund. Having said that, here are my opinions on the case itself:

-The case has a firm, molded design. Note that this is not a solid plastic/metal frame. If you were to step on the case, it would certainly bend. Note also that the firm part is only on half of the case; the other side is flexible. This case is still significantly sturdier than a typical compact camera case.
-The zipper seems quite solid, and has strong, large tines. I would have no worries that the zipper would ever fail.
-There is an extremely soft, cushioned lining on the interior of half the case (the half with the flexible exterior).
-On the opposing side of the interior, there is a pocket, which could hold an extra battery.

Overall, I'm quite impressed with the quality of this case and I think it deserves a 5/5. It is unfortunate that it's just barely too small for my camera.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon December 26, 2013
We got this for my daughter's Nikon Coolpix S3500 and it fits perfectly. There's enough room for the camera's memory cards, but NOT enough room for the charger. The case comes with a lanyard, so you can wear it around you neck, or if you are smaller, across your chest. It's a great way to protect the camera. Perfect.
on March 17, 2015
I love the color and the protection it offers. The inside is soft but the outside shell is hard enough to protect a camera from a drop. I like that it came with a long (8-10") wrist strap with a clip on one end. So, I can clip the case into my purse and it offers enough length that I can easily take the case in and out of my purse without needing to unclip it.
It's meant for smaller cameras. I have the Canon S120 and it BARELY fits. I have to put it in carefully and squeeze everything tightly together to zip it, and the camera's wrist band doesn't fit inside the case.
on January 8, 2015
I wanted to love this case, and I would have had it fit my camera, but it is way too small. For reference, I have a Samsung WB350. This would have been a perfect case for me and I LOVE the color so I was super sad it didn't work out.
on August 20, 2011
So after reading the many reviews posted, I took a chance and bought this case for my Sony HX7V. It just barely fits! I do love the soft plushy inside. I feel very comfortable resting my camera's large screen against this. There is a little pocket on the inside that holds, perfectly, an extra battery or memory card. My only issue with this, is that the pocket could use a little piece of velcro or a snap so that the small items don't fall out. On more than one occasion, I have almost lost my extra battery when the case was open. Otherwise, it is a very sturdy feeling case with a very modern look. Just take heed to all the warnings of size. It is definitely meant for COMPACT cameras!