Lyft Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Ricky Martin All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18SW_gno

on September 4, 2015
Here is the real scoop on this good-looking but deficient camera bag from Case Logic. In a word: sling! The patented sling is the real culprit in turning this well-made bag into something I could not and will not use. Why? I use lens hoods to protect my lenses and to cut down glare. Whether the hood is in forward or reverse mode on the lens, it is "impossible" to get the camera out of the sling "easily". I tried this countless times but without a great deal of struggle it was just far too inconvenient. And the fact of the matter is - I am not about to remove the lens hood each time I place the camera back into the bag only to have to re-install it once I remove the camera from the bag. Secondly, the side pockets while "barely" big enough to hold an extra lens are too deep to extract the lens, particularly given the very tight nature of those pockets when a lens is inserted. Thirdly, if you watch the video of sales persons pulling the camera out of the bag you'll notice two things: no lens hood on the lens AND no camera strap on the camera. Where exactly are you supposed to put the camera strap? The only solution is to fold it and shove it down into the main pocket and once again... when removing the camera it gets caught on that dumb sling. The mistake the designers made in this sling was having it open from the middle. If it had been made with two detachable, narrow pads that could velcro to the sides, then you could adjust them to allow a camera fitted with lens hood and a strap to fit down into the pocket easily. It just did not work for me.
on January 13, 2015
Good case, maybe it feels a bit bulky. Nice stitches, great zippers and proper protection.

Now the problems I had because I feel the presentation movie is a bit deceptive:
The first problem is that the side pockets can't really accommodate medium to large lenses. Even a kit lens with the hood reversed wouldn't fit comfortably. It is the access inside the side pockets that is tight and the pockets are not really cylindrical. Don't even try to get inside a wide angle lens like Tokina 11-16 or Sigma 10-20, or the medium zooms like Nikon 18-140mm. The kit lens or a small prime lens would fit.

The second problem - the main compartment is fine and the support for the camera with lens attached is great, only if you don't have the hood attached (reversed of course) - the hood gets caught in the hammock.

The third problem - now, let's say you have 2 lenses that would fit into the side pockets and the camera with one lens attached in the main compartment. You don't really have too much space left to fit a charger or a blower or some filters without getting really crowded and impractical. The front and rear pockets aren't really too wide for that. You can use the space under the camera if the lens is not too long though.

I would recommend this case only if you have 2 lenses with the condition that the bulkier lens to stay attached to the camera, the second one in one of the side pockets. And you can use the rest of the available space for some accessories.
on July 2, 2016
I would have given this bag a higher rating except that I was a little surprised by how small it is. My Nikon D7000 barely fits in it, but only if I remove the camera's neck strap, and the side pockets are a snug fit for my smaller zoom lenses without their shades. It is, however, well-constructed, sturdy and light; the design is very attractive; and there's room enough for such things as extra memory cards and batteries. I am keeping it as I am considering a mirrorless system that should fit nicely in this bag.

9/05/16. I have been using this bag with my D3200 and Sigma 18-250mm f:3.5 - 6.3 and a wrist strap rather than a neck strap. It has worked out well. After a month of use a defect became apparent - the stitching that secured one to the shoulder strap loops came partially undone. I contacted Case Logic and, after providing proof of purchase and a couple of images of the defect, I had a replacement bag in less than a week. Their customer service is first rate.
on July 30, 2017
This is a fine camera bag. The medium size is a perfect fit for our Nikon D5600 Kit. Holds/suspends the camera with either lens attached facing down. The other lens goes in either of the side pockets. That leaves the other side pocket available for another lens or a 2X extender. Battery charger goes in the front pocket. The bottom is well padded. This seems like a well thought out, quality manufactured bag. My wife had previous experience with Case Logic bags and is happy with their products.
on May 8, 2015
This is a great case. Rugged yet pliable. I use this for my Nikon D3200 with a 55-200mm and 18-55mm lenses. The side pockets are large enough for either lens, but are snug. I can get the charger and memory cards in the front pocket with out any trouble. The hammock works very well and is a great way to keep the camera ready to grab in short order.

If I could change anything about this case, I would make the shoulder strap a bit longer and I would make the top flap of the camera pouch able to hinge and stay open. The strap is long enough to sling from one shoulder to the hip on the opposite side, but not over a large man's jacket or a coat. A few extra inches would be welcome. As for the flap of the camera pouch, I don't mind that it has a tendency to want to close, but it would be nice to fold it over and have it stay open so you can holster the camera, take some notes, then grab the camera for more shots. In that regard, this is definitely more of a camera bag than a camera holster.

With a few modifications, this bag could easily do some camera holster functions. Maybe some belt loops?
VINE VOICEon April 18, 2017
I was looking for a small bag for my MFT camera that offered strong protection. The Case Logic SLRC-202 was exactly what I wanted. It's big enough to hold my camera and medium-length lens comfortably. The suspension system adds an extra level or protection beyond the padding. The camera is easily accessible for quick shots. There are enough side pockets for an extra lens, lens covers, an extra battery, and a battery charger. For what I was looking for, it's perfect. While it's find for MFT, I can see it being too small for people with full-frame cameras and larger lenses.
on January 30, 2018
Bought this to accommodate a Sony Alpha 7 R III mirrorless camera with a 24-105 mm telephoto lens. The fit was good and the suspended Velcro sling in the main compartment did well to minimize shock on our extensive 15 day rigorous trip to Antarctica with the case going everywhere we did. Ancillary pocket storage was adequate but somewhat tight. Overall protection is quite good but don’t recommend use if you’re going into wet environments. The case is not advertised as waterproof and only meets a reasonable standard for being classed as water resistant. So, while this is a good protective shock resistant case, it’s best to keep it in a plastic outer bag if you’re out in the rain or a splash laden boat ride.
on June 21, 2011
The SLRC-202 camera bag is a nice, compact bag to store equipment and travel lean. It holds my D5100 with 55-200mm attached, 18-55mm lens, battery charger, shoulder strap, Giottos AA1920 Rocket Air Blaster Small (Black), LensPen, and a few other small accessories. I should be able to fit my 35mm f/1.8G AF-S lens as well, once received. However, if I had one of the small lens attached to camera and 55-200mm stored, I don't know where I'd put the 3rd lens.

The hammock system works great, as the D5100 w/ 55-200mm lens attached measures roughly 6 1/2 inches in length. It leaves about 3/4 inch below lens to inside bottom of bag and about 1/2 inch from back of D5100 body to top of bag...meaning, you could probably fit a larger camera body with ease. You may also be able to fit it with a longer lens (such as 55-300mm), but it would probably be a tight fit with the 55-300mm lens touching the bottom of the bag, defeating the primary purpose of the hammock system.

This bag was hanging on wall while doing review and I accidentally knocked it off the wall hook when measuring for this review! With the top flap open (camera exposed), the bag landed on its base and camera stayed contained in hammock system. What great protection!
on January 14, 2018
Fits our Nikon D5200. It traveled well even with our extra lenses. It is small enough to be able to put in inside of a backpack or suitcase if needed. We are careful with our camera, but the strap is comfortable and can be worn on the shoulder or crossbody. We ordered this with 3 other camera bags to see which one we like best. This one won over the back pack styles bc it can be put inside a regular back pack with other items, even a tripod inside the backpack. Then when we just wanted the camera, we could take this back out of our back pack and use it alone.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
Like the title says it's a little narrower than I thought it would because my Sony a77 barely fits in it but my canon t3i fits perfectly. So if you have a camera that's not consumer size like the smaller Nikon's or Canon you might have trouble fitting your camera in here and might want to get the Case Logic SLRC-203 which is the one I wish I had bought in the first place. My external flash fits in the side pocket and and narrow kit lens will also just don't expect to fit anything that has a front glass element bigger then 58mm. The hammocks middle slot wont fit anything bigger then a kit or prime lens so don't expect to be putting anything bigger then 58mm also. The build quality is awesome and I own the Case Logic SLRC-206 so I didn't see the need for the larger SLRC-203 little did I know. You're probably wondering why the 5 stars? It's built very well, there's sufficient pocket space and even a sly pocket below the padded part that faces you. The water proof bottom is really sturdy just a little narrow so be careful when placing it down. I personally think the bottom should be wider so it doesn't fall over as easy, then again that goes for my original complaint that the top isn't wide enough for my gear so I just hope the SLRC-203 is and that it's not so top heavy also. All in all I'd give it 4.5 stars so I just rounded up.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.