Shop Auto Winter Products Salon Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop STEM Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Despicable Me 3 available to buy Despicable Me 3 available to buy Despicable Me 3 available to buy  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

Case Logic SLRC-205 SLR Camera Sling (Black)
Package Type: Standard Packaging|Change

on June 5, 2017
Unique design, very comfortable even after 8 hours of hiking. Not a ton of storage space. Camera holding sling is a nice feature, but could be problematic if you have larger-diameter lenses or a lens hood, since they may not fit through the opening in the sling.

I wish it came with some padding to use as a divider in the big pocket. I get a little uneasy storing two lenses in there, but I am able to fit a Nikon 55-200mm DX lens and 35mm DX lens in that pocket. Can store a Nikon D5500 with 55-200mm lens attached in the camera sling.

Good bag for hiking/tourism when you want to keep things light, or for those who don't have much equipment. I find myself wishing it had a few more pockets for more accessories.

The velcro tab on the front is annoying since you have to release it to get into the zippered pocket behind it, which is the only good pocket for filters. If you're carrying a tripod using that velcro tab, you won't be able to access that pocket at all.
on July 31, 2017
This Case Logic Camera case/sling is well built and holds what I expected it to. I am still getting somewhat used to putting it over my shoulder and head properly. You wouldn't think it would be that confusing to me. Haha. Probably just getting old. Well made and easy to use. The only issue I have is the camera cradle that allows the camera to hang suspended in the case so as to eliminate jarring or shock to the camera or lens is a sweet thing. Worth having! But...with my lens hood in the travel position on my lens and the size of it, it will almost always catch the lens and extend it on it's own each time I pull the camera out of the case. This doesn't seem to be doing any harm to the lens, but it just makes me have to twist the lens back in each time I pull it out. Probably part of the reason I noticed the newer bag they make (with the lime green trim) doesn't have the same kind of suspension system. I slight pain but I don't lose sleep over it! I would recommend it to others!
on June 14, 2016
Very happy with this bag. It works beautifully for my Nikon d7000, 18-140mm zoom lens, 40mm macro lens, 28mm AIS lens, lens cleaning kit, spare battery and charger, memory card, a couple of cables, a tripod (held externally with a Velcro strap system) and a few other things. I love that I can swing it around to the front and access the equipment without removing the bag. It travels very well through airport security and fits nicely under an airline seat. Very comfortable on the shoulder (much better than the camera and lens alone).
2 helpful votes
on August 15, 2011
Recently my wife and I were traveling abroad for 3 weeks and I needed a bag to carry some of my camera equipment around with me. I didn't want a full on backpack and a fanny pack was out of the questions. Shoulder bags just looked silly for some reason and I found this bag and the Incase DSLR Sling Pack in Black CL58032. I ordered both as I felt like I needed to see them in person to really decide.

They both go on the same way (one should strap that goes on across your body) and fit just fine. The incase bag was much larger and looked like it would be holding expensive things inside. One of the things I wanted was for this bag to be pretty unassuming - I didn't want to announce to everyone I have a few thousand dollars of camera equipment inside. Both bags were also very well built.

The case logic bag has a very breathable material on the back which made it very comfortable to wear for 10 hours straight when walking around and hiking. To get access to the camera you don't have to take the bag off, it just slides around and opens up to the camera 'hammock' which is great. The two side pockets are also very easy to get to in this position and I keep an extra lens or two in there along with batteries and memory cards. When you are just walking around you also have access to a small pocket in the strap which I keep a cloth in.

To give you an idea of what I can fit in this, I usually carried:
Nikon d5100
WhiBal card
Cleaning brush
Cleaning cloth
Sometimes a gorilla tripod

I don't think there was ever a time where I wished it was bigger or smaller - it always seemed to be the perfect size for what I needed.

I ended up returning the incase bag and keeping this one. If you need something slightly larger then the incase may be for you.

Highly recommended.
27 helpful votes
28 helpful votes
on August 4, 2017
I purchased this bag to go with a new Nikon D5500 kit with two lenses. I can fit the camera body and either lens in the main compartment, and the second lens in the side compartment. The suspension system in the main compartment is a great feature and offers protection not available in other style bags (even with the 70-300 zoom attached). There are several other little compartments for storing a wall-mounted battery charger, cords, USB drive, spare memory cards, etc. The fit as a cross-body sling is good, comfortable, and adjustable. It's only downside (minimal for me) is that it's a bit of an odd shape to just carry around. I will fold up the strap into a smaller form when not using it. Very satisfied.
on December 22, 2013
One of the few problems that comes with owing a Canon 5Diii (there are many joys), is that it is such a big and heavy beast, that it is difficult to find the perfect case for it. Consequently, and to my wife’s chagrin, I have accumulated several cases to accommodate various combinations of camera and lenses – From Pelican 1510 (for road travel) to ThinkTank Airport International (for air travel - love it) and a couple of ThinkTank retrospectives for street-work (bulky yet discreet).

What I was looking for with this Case Logic was a hard-wearing, general purpose case that doesn't shout "expensive DSLR inside", and can be carried/worn for extended periods. Specifically, it had to fit my 5Diii with my all-purpose 24-70mm f/2.8L II lens attached. It ticks all the boxes, however it is a tight fit (can't rip the camera out as quickly as I'd like to) and the internal "hammock system" does not fit this lens (you can use the case without it). Also, the lens hood has to be reversed (though this is not a problem). For a slightly smaller camera and lens, it would definitely be five stars. It is stylish yet rugged/appropriately padded. For a smaller camera/lens combination, the "hammock" would provide even more protection.

The sling system is well thought out, with the various component straps having the right width/length/padding/breathabiliy. The additional pockets for extra lens and filters are well integrated into the design, and the whole case (though larger that what you might expect) can be mistaken, by the uninitiated, for a sling type backpack rather than a camera case (that's a good thing) though close-up most people would work out it's a camera case.

For the purpose of my camera/lens combination, I have rated this product as four-star but for a slightly smaller combination it would definitely merit five stars. It is practical, well-designed and very well made.
4 helpful votes
on June 29, 2017
The case itself is great. Just enough room for a DSLR camera, an extra lens,charger, cards, etc. The problem is with the sling. it is just so awkward. I have tried every way possible to make it workable, but it just isn't. I find myself carrying it by the handle most of the time, and then the sling strap just gets in the way and it totally unnecessary. With just the handle or a basic shoulder strap this would be awesome.
22 comments|Report abuse
on August 10, 2017
Handy sling for crop sensor D500 with mounted kit lens and Nikon f3.5 70-300 zoom. Well padded provides excellent protection for camera and lenses. I keep the bag ready with extra batteries, cards, cleaning materials and sometimes a small flashlight and SB700 flash. I grab it and Im out the door knowing I have all the essentials in one small package. With just the sling strap on I am able to spin the bag around and get the camera out to shoot or even change lenses very quickly; with the second hidden chest strap I can cinch the bag down tightly to my back to allow biking, climibing....
on March 5, 2010
I'm a fan of Lowepro but Caselogic really beat them with this one, at least in the sling category. Unfortunately this one can only compete with the 100AW series because of its size. The Caselogic's 205 is only slightly bigger than Lowepro's smallest. (Again the 100AW)

Here are the reasons why.
Feels stronger, the fabric the memory cushions and even the wide band just feel better around your body.
The interior color, you just have to love that bright yellow, it almost seems as it is lit in the inside.
It has a 'suspension' system consisting of a sheet of material that holds your camera within the inside of the bag, preventing it from touching the bottom, unless you have a long lens. I feels at bit flimsy but it feels good to know you have it.
Aesthetically, is just looks cooler than any of the Lowepro's up to date. This thing looks beautiful.
With the two extra handles and the 4 extra compartments on the outside, it is just real well thought out.

I just got it today and I cant wait to get it out on the field. I think I'll sleep next to it tonight. LOL

Beautiful bag. And cheaper too!!!

The two categories where I think the Lowepro's is better are that the inside compartment can be divided to you fit your equipment, the Caselogic's has 1 large compartment. And the Lowepro's comes with a nice weather cover that can protect it against the rain. I have never had to use it though, but once it did help me protect my camera from dust at a rodeo. Other than these two features of the lowepros, Caselogic is better in everyother way.

I forgot to mention the tripod holder, another plus.
18 helpful votes
19 helpful votes
77 comments|Report abuse
on March 15, 2015
Received my sling bag yesterday an had a chance to try it out today. I took it out to a local St. Patrick's Day parade and did a bit of walking with it. It felt great to wear. Today I shot with my Nikon D610 which fits a bit snug into the bag but works just fine. My Nikon D5200 fits more comfortably in the bag but it does work just fine for the larger camera. In one of the other pockets I had my Nikon AW120 and in the lens pocket my 50mm 1.8. This bag has plenty of room and was easier than carring my larger backpack. The only thing I noticed is that if you plan to use the additional 3rd point waist strap it was a bit snug with my jacket. It my be an issue for a larger person if you plan to use that strap. That begining said it worked just fine as a sling and the bag access is very easy by just sliding it around to the front of your body.
2 helpful votes