Salon Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. Fire TV Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now STL18_GNO

on December 22, 2009
I recently purchased a Canon S90 to complement my 5DmkII on a safari in Tanzania. Throughout the trip I had the S90 on my belt for quick and easy access; the case isn't bulky and seemed to protect the camera well enough from the occasional knock as the land cruiser hit big bumps.

On my last day in Tanzania I was walking through the streets of Arusha when suddenly I felt a hard tug that almost spun me around. I turned to see a man starting to flee. I started off in pursuit--concerned more about the memory card than the camera itself--but after a few steps realized the camera was still at my side, only a slight rip in the strap indicating anything had happened.

Recommended as a sturdy carrying case with a reasonable amount of padding for impact protection (you won't want to drop it from very high or expose it to strong blows).
348 people found this helpful
|1414 comments|Report abuse
on July 11, 2016
I bought this to use with my Canon G9x and it fits perfectly. I originally purchased the MegaGear "Ultralight" Neoprene Camera Case ($19.99, also from Amazon) but it got lost in the mail. I was going on vacation and didn't want to risk being without a case so I ordered this as a back up as well as a second MegaGear. They both arrived the day before my trip and I'm honestly glad the first one didn't make it. The Case Logic case was $15 cheaper and had the added bonus of an outside pocket to store my extra battery. I carried this all over Europe for nearly a month with no problems. I always carried the case in my bag, and let the wrist strap from my camera stick out the zipper if I was holding it, so I cannot attest to the strength of the clip which I saw some other reviewers had issues with.
3 people found this helpful
on August 13, 2015
Great, simple, easy to use camera case. It's pocket-sized, and is padded just enough to offer a moderate amount of protection while not being extremely bulky. Can fit into a pair of jeans pockets, though with the camera it's a tiny bit thick.

I got this for my Canon S120 which has a flipbac stick-on G4 camera grip installed, and the case fits like a glove. The camera itself is a tiny bit above the recommended dimensions, but it zips snugly over the camera. Like it was made for it. The photos attached show the camera case with the Canon S120 inside (with grip), and the empty case. It's a bit fat to keep in your pocket all the time, but will offer great protection inside a backpack or purse knocking around with other things.

Also has a handy belt loop if you're into fanny packs.

The exterior pocket is perfect to hold two spare batteries (maybe three) and a couple SD cards. Plenty of room.

My Canon Powershot A590 does NOT fit. It likely won't fit a camera that includes a grip feature that sticks out.
review imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview image
3 people found this helpful
on July 16, 2012
I absolutely love this case and I am very disappointed that it does not "measure up." Pun intended. ;) The dimensions of the case are promoted as 4.8" long and even in someone's wildest imagination this case isn't close to being 4.8" long. If it were it would probably fit my camera, which it does not. I bought it for the new Canon PowerShot D20 (Canon's newest camera for underwater shots). The measurements for this case are advertised as 3.2 x 1.2 x 4.8 inches and the camera is advertised as 2.8 x 1.1 x 4.4 inches. I measured the camera before ordering this case.

In the interests of anyone considering purchasing this case, I have measured the case seam to seam on the outside (with padding the room on the inside makes it a bit smaller I would assume). Now I am just using a trusty wooden ruler, but this is how it measures: 2.75 x .75 x 4.25 inches (that last measurement is a bit generous). I don't know if Case Logic has a quality control issue and the case is supposed to measure as stated, but the case we received, as I said, definitely does not "measure up"!

Other than that it appears to be a well-made case. Maybe I can use it as a change purse... just kidding... I will be returning it. I will probably order this case: Case Logic UNZB-2 Compact Camera Case (Black) from Amazon. It is supposed to be a bit bigger than this one and since this one almost fits my camera the UNZB-2 should fit. Hope that helps anyone shopping for a case for the Canon PowerShot D20.
12 people found this helpful
|22 comments|Report abuse
I had previously ordered the rooCASE EVA Hard Shell (Black) Carrying Case with Memory Foam for Canon PowerShot S95 Compact Digital Camera which was a colossal mistake---like carrying the camera inside a brick (see my review of that one)...it pretty much doubled the thickness of the camera! I guess the difference is that the RooCase is good if you want to protect against hard impacts while carrying within a larger bag, whereas this CaseLogic case is good for protecting against scratches especially to the LCD screen on the back of the camera while carrying in a jacket or pants pocket.

The CL case was perfectly snug, and I liked the extra exterior zippered pocket. It's functional and attractive, and sold at a reasonable price. This is now my third CL purchase, and I haven't been disappointed yet with their products!
12 people found this helpful
on October 19, 2016
I've been using these cases for at least seven years for two Canon ELPH 300 HS's . (I never buy one of anything it seems.) So, when I decided to upgrade to two Canon 95S's I figured to stay with a modest case that would fit in a pocket.

These come with a small aluminum carabiner attached to a little loop just above the belt slot on the back. Throw it away or use it to secure something you'd like to lose. The most secure attachment on these is the slot that you can thread your belt or backpack strap through on the back of the case.

There's better cases out there for sure but at this price point I've been very happy with these for years.
on July 23, 2015
Let me start by saying that I fully understand that this is a cheap product, so a lower quality is to be expected. Long story short, I bought this product for another camera that I had to return because I made the stupid mistake of buying it used and had a dirty CCD so I decided to keep this case for another camera which I bought as soon as the other one was returned.

I got another camera today, so I opened the package and as soon as I opened it to put my camera in it, the zipper came off, just like that; no rush nor extra strength applied from my side to open it. I wouldn't mind if the zipper was even cheaper, plastic and with lower quality as long as it worked. I'm 7 days past the return date since I had to wait for the previous camera to be returned so I'm out of luck when it comes to get it exchanged. It's a cheap product so I'm not that frustrated with the $5 that I lost, but still I was expecting something better.

As you can see in the picture, it was already bent; considering that this was just unzipped once, I fail to understand how this was possible other than a flaw in it's design or in the quality control of this product.
review image
on August 12, 2013
I've had this case for almost 4 years now, so this review has been long overdue. This was recommended by other camera owners for housing my recently purchased Canon S90. This fits my camera quite nicely, snug but leaves a little wiggle room inside the main compartment which is lightly padded. There is also a small zippered pocket on the outside with enough room for which I keep an extra battery, small microfiber cloth, and an extra SD card (Bonus: the pocket zipper pull tucks away).

I found occasional use for the included carabiner, namely to fasten to my pants' belt loop if I needed to use both hands. I've since placed the carabiner on the case's belt loop and fastened the camera's strap to the small tab for the carabiner so the case and camera doesn't separate. The overall size of the case and camera is slightly big for my pants pockets (except for cargo shorts/pants) so it goes in the pack or the belt for quick access.

This case would probably fit well for a number of larger Canon P&S cameras like the Canon S95, S100, S110, and SX260. But I imagine this would also fit the slightly larger Sony RX100 (my next camera). In short, it's a simple and reliable soft case, and it's been with me through all my travels. I would not hesitate to get one again for my next camera purchase.
2 people found this helpful
VINE VOICEon August 27, 2010
I ordered this case to hold my Canon 960IS and it does the job pretty well. The dimensions seem a bit conservative as there should've only been about .1" of room on two sides and it's definitely roomier than that.

It seems solidly built with stitching that is pretty heavy to handle a bit of abuse. It also comes with a carabiner clip and a belt loop if you are the type to make your belt look like Batman's and accessorize the bejesus out of it. The one thing that I wish this had was a heavier nylon. It's much more lightweight than I'd have liked, along the lines of a thin padded nylon instead of the more hardcore deniers. It's also very squishy, not rigid at all like the picture makes it out to be.

The storage pocket is a good size for carrying a couple things but don't expect to carry around all of its accessories. As a lay type of measurement I stuck my (adult male) hand into it and it basically is the exact size of my four fingers wide and my fingers can go in to about the second knuckle. It's not QUITE large enough to put a Canon battery charger in but it could easily hold a spare battery, SD card, and/or cable. That's alright, though, because the case is made more as a tiny holder than a camera bag. Here it all is in a nutshell:

PRO's:
-Small and perfect for the newer, smaller point and shoot cameras
-Carabiner means you can clip it to whatever, quite handy
-Everything is stiched up well
-Accessory pocket can hold true accessories that you'd need while out (extra batt, memory card)
-full length loop on back means you can play superhero or attach to whatever you want depending on your needs and creativity

CON's:
-Very squishy and lightweight nylon. Better served as a secondary line of protection (as in it's in your bag)
-Storage compartment opening all of .1-.2" shy of being able to squeeze a Canon battery charger
-Zipper D-Rings are fairly thin metal so they may snap off over time, leaving you zipper pull-less

CONSENSUS:
Great little item for the everyday person who is just looking for a tiny bag to put their camera in. I don't think it'll hold up to the rigors of heavy outdoor use or other types of abuse but it's a great item for the price.
5 people found this helpful
on February 7, 2013
I ordered this after trying the Case Logic TBC-402, which I bought at Wal-mart for about $2 more after tax than Amazon charged for this one, and being very disappointed at both the horrible quality of its belt loop and the poorly designed secondary storage compartment, whose zipper is too low to maximize its utility and space.

This one unfortunately has the same issue with poor choice of zipper placement on the smaller pocket, making it a bit of a nuisance to get a spare battery or SD card case in or out, but it's not quite as cramped as the 402. So on the second compartment I'd give it a C grade--passing, but not by much.

What's nice about it is it's just big enough for my Canon Elph 310 HS, including the wrist strap, plus a spare battery and SD card case, which for me contains a micro SD card with a full size SD adapter. As such I can carry it with me all the time with little interference and barely a second thought. Meaning my camera is always available for photo opportunities or when I need to document something, yet in an unobtrusive way that does not risk damage like putting it in your pocket would. The belt loop is as sturdy as other camera cases I've used and I'm confident it will hold for normal, everyday use over a long period of time.

All in all, it was $6 well spent, and any price up to $10 would be worth it.
One person found this helpful
|0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.